Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

I HATE bid pushers!!!

I dont know how many of you buy and sell on e-bay but I do it to make money.. today I bid on a GF2 ULTRA.. not for re-sail but for the downstairs computer (v5 is getting a bit outdated)

what pisses me off is that I had set my MAX bid at $140.. but the amount needed to win was only $102 for 2 days it was only this much.. then 45 miniutes before the end of the auction ONE person bid 8 times pushing the price up to my max bid of $140.. then made no more bids..

for those of you who dont know this is called 'bid pushing' and basicaly its when someone regersters on e-bay under 2 time sunder different names.. under one name they sert an auction.. then when the auction reaches the less than 1 hour mark.. at which bit retractctions are NOT accepted the log in under the other name and 'push' the highest bidder's bit to its max...

to view an example of this.. look at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi....=0&rd=1

ja001son is me, but look at 'bid history' and you will see exactley what i mean.

notice how v22bis slowley and methodically pushed the price from $100 all the way up to my max bid of $140... but stopped there so I would still be the highest bidder.. its because the seller of this item and v22bis are the SAME person.. its a kind of con but there is really no way to combat it..

just letting you folks know.

Eeew....that IS a cheap trick mad.gif

Good thing I never buy stuff online then confused.gif

well USUALLY you can get amazing deals on there, not just on used stuff either.. but New in the box kinda goods.. especially PC parts and such.. I love it..

take into consideration the fact that despite the fact that I was SCAMMED I still got a geforce 2 Ultra for about the same price as a geforce 256.. and its BRAND NEW. still better than retail.

now the seller wont reply to ANY of my e-mails.. pisses me off.. I guess he couldent hike the price high enough to be satisfied..

will probably see that same item for sale again soon/

BTW my gefocre 2 was 60 pounds tounge.gif , i wanna buy the cobra off e-bay

You DEFINATELY need to bring that to E-bay's attention. If memory serves, that is part of the seller's agreement not to push bids. They can research that by e-mail addresses, and they will pull that idiot's account.

By e-mail addresses? I don't think that guy was so stupid he didn't a new e-mail account for that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 14 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By e-mail addresses? I don't think that guy was so stupid he didn't a new e-mail account for that.<span id='postcolor'>

you can allways try, maybe he was that stupid biggrin.gif

Or he could have been dumb and not changed his IP.......

Either way you should report it smile.gif

ill give him 2 days to get back to me, ive written him twice now.. then Ill give him a negative feedbac and let e-bay know about the "interesting" bidding on the item..

Guess I better start looking for another card on there, maby I can get one even cheaper.

BTW my gefocre 2 was 60 pounds , i wanna buy the cobra off e-bay

what kind?

OHH you wanna see something else I just noticed.. look at the LAST bid the guy placed.. it was 140.. the same as mine.. but it didnt count? why? because it was cancelled.. but the thing is the BIDDER CANNOT cancel a bid that late in the auction..

but the seller can.

You can get a geforce 2ti for as little as $106 on newegg.com. I'd get a gainward ti/500, though - fastest ram and highest rated for overclocking. The only diff between the ti and the ultra is the mem bw: 7.36GB/s to 6.4GB/s.

That guy (on ebay) sucks, btw. He can eat me. smile.gif

Tell me about it - I got the gf2pro, then the ti came out. Grrrrrr! But I still got 4.5ns memory and I can o/c to 240/500 with my gf2pro.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 14 2002,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't dare to overclock my card, I'm afraid that I'll destroy it.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't be afraid. Life becomes boring once you start being afraid... biggrin.gif

Overclocking is cool

(if u do it right, then the statement makes more sense wink.gif )

I use dto overclock alot.. but I just prefer to buy good stuff and leave it (im a sissy tounge.gif )

anywho is the Ti faster than the ultra?? I thought the ultra was the fastest GF2 out..

Like I said earlier, it's same specs except for the memory bw. You can overclock ti (or even my pro) to ultra speeds.

if you have to overclock it to reach the Ultra's speed.. then its not the same, its slower.. and I dont like overclocking video cards.. not because I fear breaking it.. but because you start getting errors and shit when ya push it much.

Oops, my bad - I mean you can overclock the pro to ultra speeds. The ti is already there (I'm only looking at the pixels per second and the traingles per second listed on nvidia's site).

so is the ultra and the TI the same?? I keep trying to find reviews that show both but they always only compare the 256, GTS and TI.. not the Ultra and Ti.. so is the TI just the new name for the ultra? taking its place??

if not what are the specs of both.. if they are about the same ill just get either..

Graphics Core: 256-bit

Memory Interface: 128-bit DDR

Triangles per Second: 31 Million

Pixels Per Second: 1.0 Gigapixels

Memory Bandwidth: 7.36 GB/s

Memory Interface: 128-bit DDR

Pixels Per Second: 1 Billion

Memory Bandwith: 6.4GB/s

Triangles per second: 31 Million

apparentley the only difference is the bandwith.. hmmm..

As far as I can tell, the ultra is a really fast pro, accomplished by higher bandwidth memory, faster memory, and faster core clock.

Now, the performance specs published by nvidia show that the performance in px/sec and triangles/sec is the same.

The Ti is the fastest GTS/PRO. So, here's the ranking:

Geforce2 256

Geforce2 MX

Geforce2 GTS

Geforce2 Pro

Geforce2 Ti

Geforce2 Ultra

All I'm saying is that the ultra is not that much faster than the Ti.