Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Enemy In Sight - the next OFP "clone" ?

i really looking forward to it. What i hope is armed assault to be the large large, true large ones.. like cti, stuff like that.

And EiS like a modern hidden and dangerous.. excellent for medium area, like a modern delta force-delta force 2.. (the rest of those sucked)..

I am not rich, and problem will be upgrade my computer but i have no problem in buying two great games, just wish we could hear alittle bit more about EiS..

After reading the interview I find it slightly (probably more than slightly, actually) dssapointing that even though you are fighting in Europe there are no European countries involved (bar Russia). It say we will be fighting in Plymouth, for example. Since when have we been unable to fight for ourselves and have had to call in the Americans to fight for us...? whistle.gif

I'm sorry, this isn't a dig at America but it does get frustrating with all these "America vs the world" games.

The fact that America has the military power of all of Europe put together and then some (however much I disagree with the very concept of such blatant superiority) coupled with the longstanding belief that us Europeans are cissies to put it bluntly; cue French army jokes galore over a bottle of Bud.

Who knows, maybe they'll change their mind (IS have a habit of doing that) for the better.

I'd like to play as a Brit for a change too or German smile_o.gif

Hey I'm American and I don't mind what you said at all. personally I like playing as the US in a game but I always wish they would include other NATO nations as an option. Instead of having a story line type campaign with acting and cut scenes I would rather have several realistic campaigns featuring different nations.

What would be nice is if they would release expansion packs covering an army and including a campaign. Think FDF,BW,CSLA, LLW, and French point but all on one CD each with a campaign for a reasonable price. I'd pay for it, that is unless it was $200 or something.

I liked the Red Alert series. You got to play as a wide range of different countries. Sure, there were only two 'teams' with each all using the same units, but it was still nice to be able to play as your home country for a change.

I'd prefer a dynamic campaign system where you can bounce from a German panzer unit conducting a defense to an American cavalry unit conducting a raid to a French infantry unit assaulting a bridge. I think the excitement and unpredictability of that kind of campaign far outweighs any good points of scripted, linear campaigns (especially because I inevitably come across a mission that takes me forever to complete - it might be fun to replay it 3-5 times, but when you're trying to replay it for the 20th time it gets old - see any of the GTA games for reference).

Someday someone will make a ground combat game with a dynamic campaign like Falcon 4 had. I'm keen to see what BIS is doing for the OFP2 campaign, which IIRC is supposed to be dynamic, somewhat.

Quote[/b] ]I'd prefer a dynamic campaign system where you can bounce from a German panzer unit conducting a defense to an American cavalry unit conducting a raid to a French infantry unit assaulting a bridge.

Then http://www.1944game.com/ might be for you...

I'd prefer a dynamic campaign system where you can bounce from a German panzer unit conducting a defense to an American cavalry unit conducting a raid to a French infantry unit assaulting a bridge.

I would like to see a dynamic campaign where you're always the same character, but with dynamicly improving skills. See H&D2 for reference. Only make the player control just one character through the whole campaign instead of freely switching between multiple characters on the same team.

The more you use one certain weapon the more proficient you become with that particular weapon etc.

But still have the same dynamic content in the campaign as you mention.

In H&D2 I stick to the same character through the whole campaign and it gives me more immersion-value making me feel that my character is improving through out the story.

The H&D2 campaigns (Sabre Squadron, as well) were excellent. Made you feel good to have your aim and weight capacity improve over time, get the occasional promotion for making it back alive.

I had always wondeed what the hell the stealth meter was for until that damn mission at the Schloss, then I direly wished I had paid it more attention.

If IS pay as much attention to detail with EiS as they did to H&D2 and Mafia, then we're all going to be in for a treat.

Hi,

In H&D2 I sometimes had team members perform actions that were not directly relevant to the mission at hand, but were only intended to improve their skills, for instance going around an entire map and picking any lock that could be found.

In Vietcong I liked the immersion provided by the interludes where the main character was in his room and could consult all kinds of background information or try out weaponry on the range.

Regards,

Sander

The H&D2 campaigns (Sabre Squadron, as well) were excellent.  Made you feel good to have your aim and weight capacity improve over time, get the occasional promotion for making it back alive.

I had always wondeed what the hell the stealth meter was for until that damn mission at the Schloss, then I direly wished I had paid it more attention.

If IS pay as much attention to detail with EiS as they did to H&D2 and Mafia, then we're all going to be in for a treat.

Your teamates in OPFR campaign will improve their skill level too, the ones that survive that is tounge2.gif . Anyway i hate that skill upgrade crap (i also think H&D2 was cheap so dont take me too serious), skill is something you aquire playing the game, learning tactics, being stealthy and proficient with weapons and vehicals, etc. Flashpoint style, i hate the concept of having the game improve your acuracy, stealth and other values just because you have reached some mission in a sp campaign, thats not what i consider skill.

If EIS is to be has good has H&D2 it wont be any good at all, i hope it goes closer to OPF but thats just me wink_o.gif .

If I want to play a real game - I play OFP. No questions asked. When I want to play a relatively realistic, team based, tactic orientated game which is also interesting, with some good MP moments, I play H&D2.

The maps and urban parts of H&D2, whilst smaller than OFP were certainly much more polished and realistic - to get through an enemy village requires a lot of skill and careful use of your four men, that's for sure. H&D2 for the most part looked good, played well and was fun, with a bit of historical accuracy thrown in. How can it be cheap??!

Anyway, Hopefully EiS will be good enough to whip BIS into producing the superior simulator.

H&D2 was way more realistic and looked better than other WW2 fps games out there. Too bad it was seriously underrated in the press. Had fun playing it as coop and SP,

so I'm expecting Enemy In Sight to be a good game even if it wouldn't have as big maps as Armed Assault.

The maps and urban parts of H&D2, whilst smaller than OFP were certainly much more polished and realistic - to get through an enemy village requires a lot of skill and careful use of your four men, that's for sure.  H&D2 for the most part looked good, played well and was fun, with a bit of historical accuracy thrown in.  How can it be cheap??!

The game just felt unfinished, the a.i. was average (stealth bars?), the missions were horribly designed (most of them) and in some areas 3d structures wouldnt even align properly, spawnig a.i., bad animation lods, arcade MP, mid level loading.. it was nothing but promissing and i couldnt overlook all the flaws it had, Mafia on the other hand was excellent, AAA at the time imo.

I hope they get a more competent staff working on EIS because the game engine sure looks great smile_o.gif .

in some areas 3d structures wouldnt even align properly

Where?

Quote[/b] ] spawnig a.i.

I dont remember that.

Quote[/b] ]bad animation lods

I think the animation was just fine.

Quote[/b] ]arcade MP

I only played coop with friends.

Quote[/b] ]mid level loading

Wrong. You sure you're talking about H&D2?

Quote[/b] ]

spawnig a.i.

I dont remember that.

I remember that. In the mission where you have to rescue some Americans in a bank, IIRC. You could watch the Germans spawning in the side streets.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]arcade MP

I played MP and it was pretty arcadey, not to mention very laggy.

All in all I liked H&D2 but felt that a lot of it could have been improved. Some of the soldier models were pretty bad, IMHO - it looked like they were all wearing spandex uniforms or the uniforms were painted onto naked bodies. This especially sticks out in my mind because of the mission to rescue the Americans in the bank I mention above - the Germans and Americans looked so fake. IIRC, though, your team members and the Italians all looked good.

H&D2 also did a lot of things right, like the maps were all beautiful, the missions were often interesting (the fight to the hilltop in Burma was excellent, and the U-boat on the iceberg was great looking), the inventory system was outstanding (and I hope something similar makes it into OFP2, if not ArmA) and by and large the combat was well done.

in some areas 3d structures wouldnt even align properly

Where?

Quote[/b] ] spawnig a.i.

I dont remember that.

Quote[/b] ]bad animation lods

I think the animation was just fine.

Quote[/b] ]arcade MP

Quote[/b] ]mid level loading

Wrong. You sure you're talking about H&D2?

Wow, it was a long time ago and i dont remember the mission names but..

1- Some island fortress, think there were others too.

2- Spawning a.i. in alot of maps really, very noticeable.

3- Bad animation lods in the desert NA airstrip mission, the animations of distant enemy soldiers werent fully rendered over distance and the visual efect was.. very bad.

4- You did good, coop is always fun.

5- Mid level loading? I remember it atleast in one of the first missions and in the last too? When you enter some hangar or underground structure, im not sure anymore..

It was a while ago and i only went thru it once but i expected more out of it, in most aspects.

But thats just one opinion, others liked it and if there was enough in it to give you guys a good experience its all good smile_o.gif .

Mid level loading? I remember it atleast in one of the first missions and in the last too? When you enter some hangar or underground structure, im not sure anymore..

The first mission (Norway) was a 4-parter.

Mission 1: Infiltrate base.

Mission 2: Go into some underground facility.

Mission 3: Leave base, fetch pilot, go back to base and exfil at harbour.

Mission 4: Start near a Weather station and sabotage a U-boat etc.

I don't call this mid-level loading. These are 4 separate maps. 2 of them just happen to use the same terrain. Thats atleast how I see it.

Any news on how the terrain will be loaded in EiS?

Like OFP or many smaller individual maps?

Any news on how the terrain will be loaded in EiS?

Like OFP or many smaller individual maps?

Probably as in ArmA, but AFAIK this information is not yet released smile_o.gif

After reading the interview I find it slightly (probably more than slightly, actually) dssapointing that even though you are fighting in Europe there are no European countries involved (bar Russia). It say we will be fighting in Plymouth, for example. Since when have we been unable to fight for ourselves and have had to call in the Americans to fight for us...?  whistle.gif

I'm sorry, this isn't a dig at America but it does get frustrating with all these "America vs the world" games.

EiS-War Theatres sounds interesting:

....beginning in UK, crossing the woods of Germany to get to the Showdown in Czech territory.....not bad.

EiS-War Theatres sounds interesting:

....beginning in UK, crossing the woods of Germany to get to the Showdown in Czech territory.....not bad.

But what happened to the British, German and Czech soldiers? They called the Americans and went back to bed?  huh.gif

haha, :/ America saves the day once more. Seriously, can we in the Czech territory mission invade the BIS office? smile_o.gif

Has anyone heard anything about this since last May? Is it still being worked on?