Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Enemy In Sight - the next OFP "clone" ?

Thanks for translation Eda smile_o.gif .

I think this game looks nice but not has good has "next gen game 2" plus we know little about the gameplay.

BF2 is out and i still play OFPR and am anxiously waiting for aras so wink_o.gif ...

"game 2" is a game that have ideas that gone way beyond others, so matching it to EIS isnt really correct, it might be something that stands close to ArmA, but we need to wait b4 both of them have release to see which ones better, anyway, we still need to see which company is going to publish, cant see clearly now, anything but EA/UBI shouldnt be bad(we could forget about codie/Atari...... *list goes on*? would wonder about that, but seems they are not the type for BIS/OFP style too)

"game 2" is a game that have ideas that gone way beyond others, so matching it to EIS isnt really correct, it might be something that stands close to ArmA, but we need to wait b4 both of them have release to see which ones better, anyway, we still need to see which company is going to publish, cant see clearly now, anything but EA/UBI shouldnt be bad(we could forget about codie/Atari...... *list goes on*? would wonder about that, but seems they are not the type for BIS/OFP style too)

What about GMX media or Battlefront? They are small but still. smile_o.gif

I dont know how it works with publishers but the longer BIS wait

and get the games done, the less the publishers has to say about it; meaning that BIS can work alone not fearing having a publisher altering the game into some lame top-selling arcade crap.

If it actually works that way it is.......

What about GMX media or Battlefront? They are small but still. smile_o.gif

I dont know how it works with publishers but the longer BIS wait

and get the games done, the less the publishers has to say about it; meaning that BIS can work alone not fearing having a publisher altering the game into some lame top-selling arcade crap.

If it actually works that way it is.......

Hehe

Yea, but I think that even BIS needs funding to complete their games smile_o.gif

For the first time I'm afraid, I'm afraid that this game might overcome BIS' games. I know it's a awful thought by a OFP fan but it looks very much like OFP only with better graphic.

whistle.gif

For the first time I'm afraid, I'm afraid that this game might overcome BIS' games. I know it's a awful thought by a OFP fan but it looks very much like OFP only with better graphic.

I know how you feel. After those years OFp became my matter of heart too. confused_o.gif

But we have to be rational and don't let be overcome by this feeling, that would made us blind fanboys. I saw quite a lot of angry CZ fans commentaries on Tiscali forums "How do they dare to copy Flashpoint?" succeded later by scared prayerlike ones "It cannnot be, BIS game will be better! That is a fact!".

It is a piece of software, not your old pal. If EiS is better than ArmA, then lets move to EiS. goodnight.gif

That first person weapon toggle looks weird..and fixed, i dont think this game will go for the gameplay we have in OFP.

I do agree that this game imitates OFP in alot of ways but it doesnt bother me much seeing has BIS is working on raising the bar for quite some time already, Game2 promisses to be better in most aspects from what i've seen and read this far.

BIS is battle proven, this i will have to demo to see if it really is has good and solid has it sounds.

Quote[/b] ]If EiS is better than ArmA, then lets move to EiS.
I think they will be diferent enough for me to enjoy both (if this game really is any good, im sure arma will be), im still positive that arma will have its advantages so i dont think i will be moving anywhere wink_o.gif .

Hi,

It would not necessarily be a bad thing if the gameplay is different from OFP, for the latter there is ofcourse OFP itself and by the time Enemy in sight has been released Armed Assault as well. There are some features of the Illusion Softworks games that I like better than the implementation in OFP. For instance, in Vietcong the view through the weapon sights required the player to keep a button pressed and in Hidden & Dangerous 2 there was a good weight- and size based method for the weapons/ammunition/gadgets inventory.

A great drawback of the Illusion Softworks games has indeed been the lack for support of customer created content. In that respect the BI approach with the excellent mission editor and the release of editing tools has been far more laudable.

Regards,

Sander

I have seen some screenshots of a game due out in 2006 called "Enemy in Sight".  It looks remarkably similar to ArmA and Game2. Any info would be appreciated.

20050325130245_0big.jpgenemy2.jpg2012.jpg

There was already a thread about this a long time ago. Suggest trying to find it, it contained a lot of useful information.

there hasnt been news of this is nearly a year.

I tried searching, but couldn't find it. sorry about the double-post.

No need to apologize. Especially since the old post is quite old as Batdog said.

Found it: Here

smile_o.gif

The developers of Vietcong, Pterodon has teamed up with Illusion Softworks to create a new game. Perhaps it EiS or it could be something else. The official EiS website was supposed to be up this summer but there has been no words about it since march.

I'm guessing that it's pretty dead or the product will be totally different to what it was first said to be.

I never saw that first thread, but it's obviously a total copy (basic graphics/look/structure/culture or whatever you want to call it) of OFP.

Haven't seen much on this one in some time. Looks like it's coming along nicely. I've been fairly happy with IS' stuff (barring the utter mod-unfriendliness), and really, even if it is a "copy", so to speak, is that necessarily a bad thing? I'd like to see what IS does with this.

Higher rez pics on tiscali:

http://www.games.tiscali.cz/images/enemyinsight/img1.jpg

http://www.games.tiscali.cz/images/enemyinsight/img2.jpg

http://www.games.tiscali.cz/images/enemyinsight/img3.jpg

http://www.games.tiscali.cz/images/enemyinsight/img4.jpg

http://www.games.tiscali.cz/images/enemyinsight/img5.jpg

http://www.games.tiscali.cz/images/enemyinsight/img6.jpg

http://www.games.tiscali.cz/images/enemyinsight/img7.jpg

http://www.games.tiscali.cz/images/enemyinsight/img8.jpg

Illusion softworks... That name rings a bell somewhere.

Didnt they work together with BIS at one point?

Illusion Softworks developed Hidden & Dangerous as well as its sequel and associated expansion packs for both. They also developed Mafia, in addition to working closely with Pterodon on Vietcong and its sequel.

I never saw that first thread, but it's obviously a total copy (basic graphics/look/structure/culture or whatever you want to call it) of OFP.

Does not matter as long as the copy it well, we are not excatly talking about a saturated market here. yay.gif

A copy it may be, but I'm sure anyone who's played Mafia and Hidden & Dangerous 2 will know that Illusion Softworks are good at what they do - producing good games. Plus they're another Czech Republic Development Studio smile_o.gif. Were it just IS and BIS making games today I would be in heaven...

looks gud but still prefer ARMA due to Flashpoint's gameplay experience.

If a company produces a couple of gud games like mafia and h&d2 doesnt mean every game it develops wud be that gud. Time will tell. lets wait and see.