Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Enemy In Sight - the next OFP "clone" ?

Atari has announced Enemy in Sight, an all-new PC shooter that will take place during a fictitious, near-future war that will span all of Europe on huge battlefields of some 100 square kilometers in size. The game is in development at none other than Illusion Softworks, the Czech studio responsible for such games as Vietcong, the Hidden and Dangerous series, and Mafia. Enemy in Sight will feature a goal-oriented single-player campaign that takes place in deformable environments that can be traversed with driveable vehicles, along with team-based multiplayer modes.

First interview here:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/16/news_6120581.html

First screens here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/enemyinsight/screenindex.html

WOW!!!  smile_o.gif

The game was already mentioned here, but I think it might deserve a thread of its own.

I say it looks really promissing. Quite OFP-like, but that shouldn't be that much of a negative thing wink_o.gif

But than again, gameplay is everything. Let's just hope they know how to handle that point. Is there any release or demo date known?

HD2 was elite, no doubt this will be cool to.. Czechs are quite a talented bunch of people arn't they wink_o.gif

Good god theyve stripped OFP's look down to the house/trees crazy_o.gif

Too bad though theyve now reached the level which OFP surpassed long ago with addons. I'd love to see the faces of people on their forums if someone posted OFP and its addons pics there tounge_o.gif

Good god theyve stripped OFP's look down to the house/trees  crazy_o.gif

I noticed that the houses was very similar to OFP and the game it's self looks like replica of OFP crazy_o.gif

I'd love to see the faces of people on their forums if someone posted OFP and its addons pics there  tounge_o.gif

Yeah, those combat photography pics yes, but that's not the OFP I play. I think the textures, player model, the grass and trees and the explosion surpasses OFP normally seen now. If the gameplay turns out to be good, they have a solid base to work away from anything in OFP1

Excellent news! Both BI and Illusion Softworks have produced outstanding games, there must be something in the Czech water (or perhaps rather the beer) that stimulates good pc game development.

Regards,

Sander

If it doesn't have a good mission editor then im gonna stay clear of it.

Excellent news! Both BI and Illusion Softworks have produced outstanding games, there must be something in the Czech water (or perhaps rather the beer) that stimulates good pc game development.

Regards,

Sander

...or maybe there's Czech water in their beer? smile_o.gif

Looks quite good from the pics.

Perhaps an alternative to OFP, if the editing will be like or even better than in OFP.

Quote[/b] ]Too bad though theyve now reached the level which OFP surpassed long ago with addons. I'd love to see the faces of people on their forums if someone posted OFP and its addons pics there.

Actually, from looking at these two screenshots, I've come to the conclusion that their graphics engine is waaaay more polished than OFP's is. If OFP2's graphics engine looks as polished as this one, then I'll fall over dead wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Too bad though theyve now reached the level which OFP surpassed long ago with addons. I'd love to see the faces of people on their forums if someone posted OFP and its addons pics there.

Actually, from looking at these two screenshots, I've come to the conclusion that their graphics engine is waaaay more polished than OFP's is. If OFP2's graphics engine looks as polished as this one, then I'll fall over dead wow_o.gif

I think you should start selecting flowers and music by the end of the year. Make sure to mention me as the sole beneficiary in your testament.

Oh, and this game looks awesome, possibly because it looks very much like a game you could call "OFP1+". I wonder.. I wonder...

Quote[/b] ]I think you should start selecting flowers and music by the end of the year. Make sure to mention me as the sole beneficiary in your testament.

Eh?

BTW - I said from the two screenshots I judge that the engine is more polished than OFP1's and in my opinion would be ideal for the graphics that OFP-2 would have. Nothing amazing like HL2 or DooM 3, but good enough for what it is needed. The models and textures, etc, are awesome from the OFP addons, but the way OFP1's engine renders them is inferior to how this looks like it renders them. It looks great and I can't wait for some videos and/or a beta test!

Anybody heard of Soldner? Far Cry? Both said to be OFP killers. This thing is merely a copy of Soldner... and will be a failure.

Just a prediction.

It's from the creators of very good games, as Soldner wasn't (I think?) and so my hopes is that this won't follow suit as Soldner sad_o.gif

-Btw, I've heard very good things about Far Cry, and the demo was awesome (though sadly it kinda corrupted my video card sad_o.gif).

far cry was very popular but it didnt even slightly resemble ofp, soldner well gfx wise that is even worse than ofp imo, however this game is being made by illusion softworks who have made many very good games, hidden and dangerous 1&2 one of my favs mafia and vietcong.

The games looking similar well is probly hard to avoid.

It´s just ofp1 clone,I´ll wait for OFP2.And I think,if BI release some media about ofp2,EIS will be look near OFP2 like ofp1/EIS now.:)

Quote[/b] ]It´s just ofp1 clone,I´ll wait for OFP2.And I think,if BI release some media about ofp2,EIS will be looks like ofp1/EIS now.:)

How can you judge whether its an OFP-1 clone or not from an interview and two screenshots?! Even if it IS an OFP-1 clone, I'd still get it. biggrin_o.gif

It will be very similar,just read the interview.And someone who were worked on ofp,ofp:r,vbs1 thinks the same:)

anyway,here in Czech it´s a little bit rivalry between IS and BIS,but not so big.

EDIT:Anyway it´s looks more like OFP xbox smile_o.gif

is that speedtree I spy? smile_o.gif

how big are ofp islands btw?

if it is modable....well..possible ofp killer until ofp2....

reading the interview...wow...deformable terrain and objects...

Quote[/b] ]The basic size of each location is over 100 square kilometers, but this is not all. We do not want to create any countryside boundary, and so the whole model of terrain will be flipped over and mirrored into all sides, which will make the resulting size of the countryside larger than 900 square kilometers (more than 350 square miles)!

900 sq. km is larger than most ofp islands I believe.

i just hope it will aim to be as realistic as possible with vehicle controls...

Illusion Softworks are a great team. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of their games having mod support sad_o.gif

If it turns out like H&D but in the 80s or 90s, I might have to look into it.

Wow I`m surprised to see all the positive comments on an OPF board about another game tounge_o.gif

I think this will be really good, Illusions is a very good company with the H&D series and Mafia, and hopefully they listen to their fans as well.

I`ll follow this one closely for sure smile_o.gif

Wow I`m surprised to see all the positive comments on an OPF board about another game  tounge_o.gif

Why? It's not like we have a contract with BIS and if a better game shows up I'll leave this behind. OFP is a old game and I'm actually surprised that noone has done anything better yet but it's only about time when someone does. Perhaps we need to wait for OFP2 until something beats OFP but EiS looks pretty interesting but as I'm not even sure that the OFP2 gameplay will be what we expect makes my confidence in this game even smaller. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

What really annoys me is the fact that we haven't heard or seen anything from BIS about OFP2 since 2003 but perhaps this game might be one of the reasons why BIS has been very quiet about the new features OFP2 will have.

smile_o.gif man it is a mere joke based on the fact that we tend to protect the game we love so much biggrin_o.gif .

Well I do on every ocation on other forums when there is talk about realism and fps wink_o.gif