Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

Afghanistan quick random firefight

EDIT2 :

A variation of this mission is available at the end of this post, check it out

EDIT3 !

Another variation of this mission is avaiable at the end of the end of this post wink_o.gif , check it out

EDIT4

Compatible with the newer version of Afghanistan Revisited from ag_smith

Hello,

Here is a random mission for some instant firefight on the Afghan island. Nothing fancy immersive or complex story, you will just have a battle versus infinite enemies and you will die, on 4 possible locations.

2 versions of the same missions are included in the download

The 2 versions of that random mission are both needing the following island :

Revisited AghanistanV3 by ag_smith

The first version of the mission is needing the following addons

Marine Assault Pack from suchey,earl,jocko flocko and tactician

Updated Afghan rebels from jjr - wheresmyrabbit? - munk

JAM2 from BAS (required by the afghan rebels)

And the second version does not need any extra addons (using just BIS units and a dispersion script from Ace Production to get the same results as JAM HD weapon but without this addon) , but you need the island.

The principle of this random mission is that this final battle you can't win smile_o.gif is played on a location that is selected randomly over 4 ones at the beginning , allowing 4 different kind of combat:

1 urban battle in a big town (Death in the city)

1 urban battle in a medium sized town (Defenders of the town)

1 battle ambushed in a rocky gound (Ambush on the rocks)

1 battle in a mountain village (Into the enemy nest)

You will forgive the very bad attempt at making jokes about the names wink_o.gif

Just put TheLastFight.catintro.pbo and TheLastFight-noaddon.catintro.pbo in the Missions folder of your OFP install to play the mission you want (of course the -noaddon one is the version that is requiring no addons other than the island)

To download, just Right Click on this link

You can unpbo, modify/delete/add/release what you want without having to ask me or credit me.

------------------------------------------------------------

A variation of this mission "The Last Fight 1" is now available.

Dowload The Last Fight 2 by

right clicking on that link and Save...As

Difference with "The Last Fight 1" :

Quote[/b] ]-you can survive/win the mission this time smile_o.gif

-your kills are counted

-the mission is harder, enemy is more important , enemy can have some support

-a friendly squad will come to help after some time

-the "small town" location has changed, the AI had difficulty to move in that location in "the last fight 1"

This time, there is no addon-free version, you need the same addons as for the addon version of "The Last Fight 1"

have fun

-------------------------------------------------------------

Release of The Last Fight 3 , the 3rd variation of my original The Last Fight mission.

What's new are you asking ?

Here are the changements between "The Last Fight 3" and "The Last Fight 2"

Quote[/b] ]New title !!! smile_o.gif

Dialog menu at start to setup the time of the day (my first button dialog ever , i am so proud biggrin_o.gif)

The mission is harder, trying to flee as far as you can become a non-cheap tactic

Implemented a good way to make the life of the players , that are thinking that fleeing is the cheap tactic to win, a real hell smile_o.gif

Weather/rain state is randomized

Download the mission by

Right Clicking on that link and Save ... As

Put the file TheLastFight3.CATIntro.pbo in your mission folder to play it.

Same addons needed that in The Last Fight 2

have fun

I just played this for a bit. It's good fun, especially the "Defend the town" mission. It has a kind of "Black Hawk Down" sort of feel.

Some suggestions... It would be nice if there was a sidechat message or something that added up the total kills every minute or so. Maybe after a certain number of kills enemy technicals or friendly air/APCs could arrive. Or after 10-15 minutes a rescue convoy could arrive, ending the mission. Anyway, it's good fun!

I doubt i can do it to be MP Coop compatible, as i know nothing about what can or can't work on the "special" way OFP is working online when it comes to scripting.

If someone want to do it, feel free

Quote[/b] ]Some suggestions... It would be nice if there was a sidechat message or something that added up the total kills every minute or so. Maybe after a certain number of kills enemy technicals or friendly air/APCs could arrive. Or after 10-15 minutes a rescue convoy could arrive, ending the mission. Anyway, it's good fun!

Good suggestions, i had a version adding each 3mn a JeepMG with driver/gunner to each enemy squads , but finally prefered to release the most simple version.

I will certainly release the more difficult version i had in stock , using those JeepMG , and the "score" feature you are requesting (as it should not be difficult to add) , and maybe a "surrender" radio command to offer a possibility of ending the mission without your death.

A rescue squad will certainly be a part of this release too, as it should not be difficult enough to get them working , it should not take too much of my free time out of the addon free dynamic mission on Malden .

Just wanted to say I'm glad this island is getting more use nowadays. smile_o.gif Thx, Sancturary. I'm gonna give it a try now.

Your modification of cat's island has a great potential for desert mission, as it is really lag free for even lower end system.

A variant of my previous quick random fight is available , i updated the first post accordingly

Dowload "The Last Fight 2" by

right clicking on that link and Save...As

Difference with "The Last Fight 1" :

Quote[/b] ]-you can survive/win the mission this time smile_o.gif

-your kills are counted

-the mission is harder, enemy is more important , enemy can have some support

-a friendly squad will come to help after some time

-the "small town" location has changed, the AI had difficulty to move in that location in "the last fight 1"

This time, there is no addon-free version, you need the same addons as for the addon version of "The Last Fight 1"

have fun

i tested you first version and had great fun trying to survive the masses and to fight them back! Very fast paced style of play, quite unique feel to it smile_o.gif

my third attempt playing it was to try to run away with my squad, was great fun been chased by the angry mob biggrin_o.gif

would have been nice to add some chasing vehicles, once the player gets to far away from the insertion point

great idea that can be further exploited, have to go through your 2. version, will report back

The Last Fight 2 is adding some jeeps with machinegun each 3mn to the enemy side .

That should be enough to run after a player that would have the idea to run away as much as he can to let the timer reach its end, even if i added a dispersion script to the machinegun of the jeep (as without it, they were as sharp as a sniper from a long distance, like the BIS M2 machinegun) .

If it is not enough, i can always come with a harder "The Last Fight 3" mission , as i had an idea on how to make the life of the player running away too far from the battle theatre more difficult , by running on waves of enemy squads coming from unexpected direction smile_o.gif

Hey Sanctuary, could please you consider random/customizable mission time (weather) for the next version (if you're going to make it)? Current dusk light bring my eyes down. rock.gif

Besides, that's a one hell of a difficult mission to beat. I think my top score was like 50-60 enemy killed and I never made it to the end. Well, seems I have to try harder. tounge_o.gif

A cheap tactic some people found was to flee like a crazy to a direction that seems to be "safe" and never stop (as the enemies are hunting you through all the island) , even if your teammates are in the middle of the enemy fire.

With some mountain travel, even the jeepMG will not reach you until the time ends.

I will change that , so this cheap tactic will not happen anymore smile_o.gif and will add this time/weather selection you are requesting (as it is a very good idea) in the next version

I will add NV googles to the squad,, in the case the user select a night fight.

The weather will be selected randomly in the next version, not by the player.

Only the time of the day will be.

I really, really like the map! Only level left to try out now is Death in the City... I'm all set, I've got a retry at the place I left off. Right now, however, television must grab a hold of me for an hour or so.

Hello,

Release of " The Last Fight 3 " , the 3rd variation of my original The Last Fight mission.

What's new are you asking ?

Here are the changements between "The Last Fight 3" and "The Last Fight 2"

Quote[/b] ]

New title !!! smile_o.gif

Dialog menu at start to setup the time of the day (my first button dialog ever , i am so proud biggrin_o.gif)

The mission is harder, trying to flee as far as you can become a non-cheap tactic

Implemented a good way to make the life of the players , that are thinking that fleeing is the cheap tactic to win, a real hell smile_o.gif

Weather/rain state is randomized

Download the mission by

Right Clicking on that link and Save ... As

Put the file TheLastFight3.CATIntro.pbo in your mission folder to play it.

1st post updated accordingly, same addons as previously needed

just found time to test your latest version, and i had a blast

this captures so good the feeling of being lost in enemy territory, this is even more so by the choice of your troops and opfor

the feeling of being chased by endless masses is just great, must confess though that i always die trying biggrin_o.gif

congratulation on your first button dialog, because i think its a great addition to small fast paced missions smile_o.gif , more selection optpions would be welcome

but as is your mission earned a steady place in my mission folder

This mission with the animation enhancement is one of the best experiences you can have in OFP.

My favourites have to be the two urban firefights.

lastfightlean.jpg

Just an idea: Maybe you should add some music? If you've ever heard the Blackhawk Down soundtrack, I'd love "Bakara", "Barra Barra", or perhaps "Synchrotone"... But I think "Barra Barra" or "Bakara" would be best.

Love The Island. Have made a Killer Mission on it all ready and beta testing with my M8's

Thanks to all Involved for your tireless efforts on our behalf.