Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Soldier model... looking suspiciously much like...

When I took a look at the civilian model that BIS released for model makers on the breathe pages, it looked suspiciously much like the soldier model in VBS1. Or is this old news?

These pictures show the result I had after a few hours of tweaking on the civilian model:

intmil2_a_001.sized.jpg

intmil2_b_001.sized.jpg

Hi-res:

http://llw.the-dropzone.net/main....&page=1

There are some details on the VBS1 models that are different, most noticably the head, helmet and collar. The "real" VBS model has a seam along the outside of the model's leg, and some other small differences. (Who cares?)

I created the helmet from scratch, the skin and collar still need work, and I'm working on a brand new head/face model. When it's ready, if ever, I think I'll release it as International Soldier model II. (Meaning anyone can use it to create their own soldiers)

If anyone wants to contribute: grenades, chest rig, packs, sacks, pockets and a US PASGT helmet are all more than welcome. (The helmet in the picture is a NATO kevlar helmet as in use by European armies, it's not the US model)

Breath taking stuff mate! Can you give us links to better pictures in high resolution?

EDIT: Thanx for high res pictures. They really do look like from VBS!

A newer international soldier model would be great, especially if it came with PSD textures. I've been trying to edit the original international model's textures, but the sticking point is the folds and shadows on the uniform. If I could see how they'd been done in Photoshop, I'd be a lot better off.

I was thinking a few days ago the same thing as you Matthijs m8 I thought those civilian models use the same body, arms and legs as the VBS1 models.

Cool work there m8 wink_o.gif

Nice work! With a bit of modifications that guy could pass off as a could generic opfor soldier. Can you release the guy on the resistance side so he can be allied to anyone?

It apears to be that do-it-yourself kits are in fashion these so how about doing the same for a soldier?rock.gif

E.G.

Soldier Model,

Berret-Hat-Helmet-Kelvar Helmet-Badana,

BackPack-FlakVest,

Pistol Holder,

Goggles(Like HYK's)-NVG(like the one Laser has)

And these too

Quote[/b] ]grenades, chest rig, packs, sacks, pockets and a US PASGT

I believe if something like this goes out we will have tons of great quallity addons.(Like with M4A1 happened)

And PLEASE release the textures in .PSD Format

I had no textures for the original int. soldier model myself. (those were the regular OFP textures)

For this one, I do. PSD will be released along with the model.

Still considering the face. I have a high-res face/head model, but it would take some time to finish the LODs. The result should be as good as the VBS1 head, if not better.

Mr. Frandsen also gave me a nice hint, which might speed things up a bit. Stay posted.

I had no textures for the original int. soldier model myself. (those were the regular OFP textures)

For this one, I do. PSD will be released along with the model.

Still considering the face. I have a high-res face/head model, but it would take some time to finish the LODs. The result should be as good as the VBS1 head, if not better.

Mr. Frandsen also gave me a nice hint, which might speed things up a bit. Stay posted.

Good news looking forward to those m8 wink_o.gif

As i don't have vbs1 , i don't really know how the default vbs soldiers are looking and so can't say anything on the similarities / differenc.

But from my OFP user point of view this soldier in green you made looks really great icon14.gif

Indeed these are looking really good! I am really looking forward to the release, will provide for many great looking soldiers, I am just very glad you have put work into this smile_o.gif

hell, i know what ill use as OPFOR... just make a unarmed model that i (and other mission editors) can equip as we want them... (easier then removing all the weapons and then adding other) ;)

Well, I have to be repetitive;

Cool!!

And thanks making it for everyone, problably I´ll study it as I´m actually doing with the International soldier I and the Infantry Bas Kit for the creation of soldiers for Brazilan Army Mod, which is starting.

this is a nice startpoint for begginers in addon edition like me! ;).

Obs.:Hope we could see anywhere, some textures tuts for soldiers, pratic stuff like how do wrinkles and others!! ehhe

Congratulations Matthijs and thank you!

@ Mar. 14 2005,14:36)]Well, I have to be repetitive;

Cool!!

And thanks making it for everyone, problably I´ll study it as I´m actually doing with the International soldier I and the Infantry Bas Kit for the creation of soldiers for Brazilan Army Mod, which is starting.

this is a nice startpoint for begginers in addon edition like me! ;).

Obs.:Hope we could see anywhere, some textures tuts for soldiers, pratic stuff like how do wrinkles and others!! ehhe

Congratulations Matthijs and thank you!

Offtopic:

Look here for models of the EE-3 and EE-9 now that OPGWC is dead they are giving away their models wink_o.gif

Ontopic:

Looking very nice Mathijs smile_o.gif

Hi,

A tutorial for the old model is forthcoming along with a set of templates for creases and shadows, for the new it must wait a bit untill the new international soldier set is finished.

Regards,

Sander

Offtopic:

Look here for models of the EE-3 and EE-9 now that OPGWC is dead they are giving away their models  wink_o.gif

Wow, thanks Ironsight!! I knew they intended to work with those but didn´t noticed that OPGWC died!! RIP!!!

I´ll check it out, very usefull info, thnx!!

@Sander&Matthijs

Nice to know that extreme usefull!!!

One other thing would be very nice; a brief step-by-step description on how to implement that helmet on/off, googles on/off and cammo faced effects, but now, I´m just abusing your good will!! hehe

thank´s again guys.

@ Mar. 14 2005,15:24)]
Offtopic:

Look here for models of the EE-3 and EE-9 now that OPGWC is dead they are giving away their models  wink_o.gif

Wow, thanks Ironsight!! I knew they intended to work with those but didn´t noticed that OPGWC died!! RIP!!!

I´ll check it out, very usefull info, thnx!!

@Sander&Matthijs

Nice to know that extreme usefull!!!

One other thing would be very nice; a brief step-by-step description on how to implement that helmet on/off, googles on/off and cammo faced effects, but now, I´m just abusing your good will!!  hehe

thank´s again guys.

The helmet script will not be a real option with this model. It would mean the helmet has to come off any time you enter a vehicle.

Goggles is nothing fancy. Simply a custom animation. Look for custom animation tutorials on vehicles. Same for the camouflage face thing. It's nothing more than a setface command executed by a custom action we hooked up to the model.

Hi Matthis,

Are you interested in doing a female version of this soldier as well? I have a female head P3D + intechangeable face textures if you want them. (Radio Voice pack will be coming along soon too..) - This would all be free to be edited by anyone after the release of these units if you decide to include a female soldier model.

can someone post a picture of the vbs1 model this looks like?

can someone post a picture of the vbs1 model this looks like?

Look here:

http://images.google.nl/images?....&tab=wi

If you are looking for a soldier in olive with a black sweater, don't bother. It doesn't exist. I'm talking about the model, not the textures.