Sign in to follow this  
WackyIraqi

New Ocean Island

If you can fix the cinema it has flickering faces wink_o.gif

I mean the faces where the movie pictures are wink_o.gif

He can't.... I can... But I don't know how.  sad_o.gif

i downloaded the island, but all i get is the skycrapers!

what other addons do i need to get this to work?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

it sounds great, but there is only so much you can do with 2 or 3 skyscrapers wink_o.gif

e-mail me(OHARD1@EQ.EDU.AU) or post it here please if you have some answers.

Thanks,

ohard1

if you downloaded the updated version that i posted.. it has all the included addons that you need right there in the pbo file rock.gif

Uh I'm the original creator of this island...anyways, I can't download the pack so I'm wondering, were the gangs and characters included? I remember making crips and bloods and some russian mafia and other mafia types; however I don't know if they were included. Also, there were more buildings, for example small store fronts and an enterable warehouse which was rather detailed. I deleted all of the stuff I had so I can't send it in, but I'm sure it was in the original file that wacky iraqi had. I've completely lost interest in ofp so I won't be doing anything else for it; and I apologize for the crappy state of the original beta release, at the time I was working on a lot more buildings to fill up the empty space. It's also certainly impressive that people are still adding stuff to the original city.

dont worry brother wacky iraqi and i are continuing the project for ya wink_o.gif

yes they were in there but some of the things dont work. like for instance when i tired, i belive it was the triads i got a modle special and there was no modle for the man or the ak47 they had. but they sure shot at me lol.

and when updating this island i looked thru the art_bd file and i found your other buildings and i used some like the mcdonalds and the best buy, but in terms of the warehouse i ended up goin with agent smiths since i was gonna be using alot of his stuff anyway.

and dont worry about the "crappy state" of the beta.. i liked it so much it inspired me to start wrp editing (with wrptool) and continueing the dream of a large scale city on a small scale island with very playable frame rates and i belive we accomplished that with version 1.0 and now that WI and i are working on a 1.1 it will be even nicer with more possibilites.

oh about your loosing interest in OFP. play some GTA or whatever else for a lil while, you'll be back. dont worry, you will be back. she wont let you leave crazy_o.gif she wont let any of us leave blues.gif i stoped playing OFP several times. and everytime i came back with something. first time i stoped i ended up coming back with Y2K3. second time i stopd i came back with USCG. so i stoped quiting OFP cuz i keep comin back with another huge mod lol biggrin_o.gif now im just enjoying the game smile_o.gif and especialy enjoying your island.. well what is now my version of the island (which was based on your idea and ive credited you half a million times) with just driving around playing missions and other fun stuff like that on it smile_o.gif

Well, the bankrobbers aren't working for me, others seem to work... Motorcycle gangs, triads (the civ. with black leather jacket and black/dark grey pullover), the few street gangs, mafia guys... They beat up ADF Spec forces pretty easily on certain situations...

Me an Pappy have fixed up the island a bit more but are still fine tweaking some spots. maybe later today or tomorrow we'll release it, but then again, we could just keep it to ourselves wow_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Me an Pappy have fixed up the island a bit more but are still fine tweaking some spots. maybe later today or tomorrow  we'll release it, but then again, we could just keep it to ourselves wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Aarg mean bastards release it biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Me an Pappy have fixed up the island a bit more but are still fine tweaking some spots. maybe later today or tomorrow  we'll release it, but then again, we could just keep it to ourselves wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Aarg mean bastards release it biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

we will release it if you give us one hundred billion, trillion, gajillion, shibbity-shibity-shoo....yen

dr-evil.jpg

What have you done with Minime (WackyIraqi) biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

on topic looking forward to updated pack wink_o.gif

yeah im also looking forward to the next release smile_o.gif

can't wait to see what will be in it unclesam.gif

just a quick update.

the highway will have jersey barriers (concrete barriers) between the 2 roads. and adjcent to the port will be a Coast Guard base with 6 helipads, 2 hangers, 2 hospitals, 1 admin buildings and a fence that surrounds the entire base with 2 "door" fences and 1 double gate. plus one of the fences is able to be "cut" and repaired. naturaly theres docks there too. i am returning for my final test and mabe take some screenshots smile_o.gif

Sounds excellent Mr Boyington.

Your continued and expedient work on improving on Wacki's original work is amazing. biggrin_o.gif

Look forward to seeing this map in action.

actualy wacky and i are working together.

we also have custom signs made too. 5 to be exact. WI and me are govonor and mayor of there here island  blues.gif and other areas are named by credit. for instance "USMC Sniper Highway" and Bob Watt Coast Guard Base (bob is col klink, he donated the sign models), Mike Lee Port (my personal beta tester) and the others are just NOI Power Plant and City Limits.

uscgnoi.jpg

uscgnoi2.jpg

http://tootallinc.atwar.net/images/island/uscg/map.jpg

and look very closely at the last pic. since i used to be a misison maker.. i know just how hard it is to find shit. like helipads and docks when they dont have a friggin in map icon. so i planted a tree 50m below the ground under each of the 6 helipads so when you are in the editor you just find the black dots smile_o.gif and for the docks i planted 4 fences underwater. at the exact edge of each of the docks so that you can easily find the outline and place your desired ship next to it

and thats the coast guard base. notice that althou i used USCG units, that the base will not include the terms "US" in it. as per the same for the national gaurd base. this is so the island is restricted to US territory only and can be used universaly instead. so you dont have to have russian units in a USCG base  tounge_o.gif

Edit: rome wasnt built in a day.. but that damn base took me 7 hours crazy_o.gif but at least shes perfect

hey guys, once we find somebody to apply textures for the signs we can release this to you guys so somebody comeon and help us, we suck in o2 tounge_o.gif if you can help, IM me or pappy!!!

Brataccas was nice enough to apply the texture the signs for us and llauma was nice enough to add LODs for the signs. models from col klink and textures from me.

gonna place them now  smile_o.gif

ok just a quick update. and im sure you all will be happy to hear this.  but ive just PBOed the final

Changes Include:

-Powerplant more orginized

-Jersey Barriers (concrete barriers) placed between the highway and around the parking area of the airport

-Airport Parking Area now has parking lot textures

-Parking lots behind best buy and car dealership

-Coast Gaurd Port

-National Guard Base now uses mapfacts barracks

-Custom Signs for NOI. signs dedicated to differnt people for differnt reasons

*Mike Lee Port - first and middle name of a good freind and beta tester of just about everything ive ever made.

*Robert Watt Coast Guard Base -  Bob Watt aka Col Klink for donating the sign models to us

*USMC Sniper Highway - the best way i could figure crediting the orginal creator is to name the highway after him

*Joseph Anthony National Guard Base - first and middle name of my grandfather (R.I.P. febuary of 04) whose service in the US Navy (1946-1948) is what got me interested in military, which my interest in military got me interested in games, which got me interested in modding and viola here i am.

-Airport has a radar and included a game logic to make that radar work (spin) found under Game Logic - New Ocean Island - Radar Logic Thingy

-Forest now has 3 farmhouses and one ruins area. 2 of the farm houses are enterable

Ok, and what about Agent Smith's Construction Company? Just fooling around... tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

how bout no! ya crazy (insert your nationality here) bastard tounge_o.gif

ok the only thing holding up release is wacky iraqi. he was very adamint about wanting to do the readme. so i told him he could.. and thats all im waiting on.

so to hold u over til his lanky ass gets online for me to yell at him  tounge_o.gif  heres some screenies (one's that i hope the news sites use)

Airport Parking

National Guard Base Overhauled

Coast Guard Base

Spooky Woods

Farm Houses

Welcome To New Ocean Island

Airport parking is quite big for such population.Maybe they use 18-wheelers instead of usual cars? wink_o.gif

Joke... biggrin_o.gif

Very nice too see some updates.

well you need spaces for short term parking, long term parking, and naturaly theres a car rental service right there in the airport so they need somewhere to park thier rentals

ok i made one more last minute change.

i stared at the welcome sign (noisign.jpg) with the mayor and govornor and stuff on it for the longest time thinkin "500 is too low" so i kept on thinking of a newer better number and so here is the final version of that sign

haha i loved the sign biggrin_o.gif

looks very realistic wink_o.gif

m looking forward to go driving around this island smile_o.gif

i got a crazy idea but a GTA san andreas mod for ofp would be awesome to see because the other versions reminded me of the game somehow unclesam.gif

fly in?

wasn't it drive in or drive by or something?

will you make working elevator for that skyscraper?

me and my ideas:

make a chopper class thingy in the building

like if you go near there you can get in as a pilot and if you press the take off button,the elevator will go up.

would it work? tounge_o.gif