Sign in to follow this  
Newleafman

Do I need to patch CWC??

I've installed CWC 1.20

I've installed Resistance and patched to 1.96.

Some time I get missing file eror messages during gameplay. I am doing the CWC campaign right now.

Do I need to patch CWC to 1.46? At the main screen it say CWC is still 1.20. I was under the impression that Resistance had all the necessary files for CWC included?. I have done a install, re-install, but still get error messages crazy_o.gif 1 or 2 a mission.

You should no longer be running CWC - only OFPR.

And do NOT patch 1.46 after upgrading to OFPR. That's a no-no.

What file is listed as missing when you play OFPR and when do you get the error message? rock.gif

Avonlady your awesome. You reply so fast smile_o.gif

I can't recalled the exact message, but one of them related to not being able to find a file for the outro sequence..

Plus during the first mission when you follow your leader to the top of the hill in formation, all my squad just stood there for about 2 full minutes, and then an error popped up saying it could not find a PBO file.

I will write down the error next time I play if you need more specific answers. biggrin_o.gif

I can't recalled the exact message, but one of them related to not being able to find a file for the outro sequence..

Check if the error messages were logged to file \OperationFlashpoint\flashpoint.rpt.

Quote[/b] ]Plus during the first mission when you follow your leader to the top of the hill in formation, all my squad just stood there for about 2 full minutes, and then an error popped up saying it could not find a PBO file.

There is another potential problem here.

BIS issued a patch for the CWC campaign. There were patch versions available for players with OFPR 1.85, 1.90 and 1.91.

But players who upgraded straight from 1.75 to 1.96 can not apply any of the older CWC campaign patches and BIS never released a version for 1.96. (Why not, BIS? rock.gif )

If the missing patch is the cause of your problem, you would have to uninstall OFPR, reinstall it, upgrade to one of the mentioned interim versions, apply the appropriate campaign patch version and only then upgrade to 1.96.

Fun, ey? smile_o.gifsad_o.gif

That sounds like my problem! wink_o.gif

Thanks for your valuable help.

I did patch 1.75 to 1.96.

Something tells me, my problem is I am using the CWC CD in my drive. When I should have the Resistance CD in my drive. rock.gif

If you have patched OFP to 1.96 , you have no need to have a CD in the drive ,and should launch OFP by the Resistance shortcut (executing FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE )

If you launch OFP by the OperationFlashpoint.exe you are playing with the old OFP 1.46 and you need the CWC CD in the drive, and miss all the features of Resistance.

So launch OFP by the Resistance shortcut.

If you have patched OFP to 1.96 , you have no need to have a CD in the drive

Wrongo!

There were two 1.96 patches, the beta and the final. The final 1.96 patch requires the CD. The beta doesn't.

There are otherwise absolutely no differences between the beta and final versions, as far as coding and gameplay go.

I played with beta and final and neither needed the cd in the drive. Both have the same md5 checksum even iirc.

I played with beta and final and neither needed the cd in the drive. Both have the same md5 checksum even iirc.

If, so, I have misinformed. Thanks.

I need the CD in my drive, otherwise it asks for it.

If you play with the executable named FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe and if you are patched to 1.96 (beta or final) , it will not ask for the CD , at all !

Now if you are sure you are patched to 1.96 and if it continues to ask for the CD , you are certainly using the old (1.46 only) OperationFlashpoint.exe.

And so during your play time, you see none of the Resistance feature.

In that case stop launching OFP with that old executable and use the resistance one : FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe