Sign in to follow this  
pajama

Navy Field

Sorry I missed ya. I'm going to be in today about 1700 CST (2300GMT) if anyone wants to come in. I'll be in the beginners area trying to get up to at least a DD.

I did a solo beginner mission (against the two FF and one DD) and won but not before my rear guns had run outta ammo and my front gun was down to bare minimum biggrin_o.gif Going to try to get my Seamen (Seamen Davey, Seaman Jones, and Seaman Fred) up to level 4 so I can get Torps also.

And how do you auto aim??? lol....I didn't know it even had it and have been struggling with manual aiming biggrin_o.gif

You have to buy the auto-range finder...but don't, its utter turd. I can sink ships a lot faster with manual aim once I got elevation right, and also score direct and more savage hits....

If you want experience, we can try the battleship mission biggrin_o.gif Drop a note here just before u start and say which part of the map u gonna be at...

Sounds like a plan. I will let ya know. Anyone else wanna join can too.

CaptAkira

ReubenJames

I will be on at 0000 GMT or thereaboutish

Right, I installed it using the zipped up version, I then started up and it started downloading updates, since it was slow, I cancelled it and downloaded the patch, installed it, but it keeps wanting to update the files mad_o.gif

Any advice? I don't really have time for the extremely slow updating program... sad_o.gif

Let it install the update and go read a book or watch TV until it is done. Caught up on school work this way. After it does that you are on your way.

Got to fire some shells at Exronin today, but didn't see him much in the battle. Got my ass handed to me for awhile by this DD, but I actually sunk it.

Got to fire some shells at Exronin today, but didn't see him much in the battle. Got my ass handed to me for awhile by this DD, but I actually sunk it.

Yeah I retreated after our formation split up into small groups that were being hounded by your fleet. Nice tactical work there....still managed to get some shots into the bastards that were chasing me tho.

Piece of advice - when you equip your ship with guns...only use the same guns, because otherwise you can't get a decent long-range volley to strike home crazy_o.gif

I got caught in a pocket near the middle-down. Getting meself chewed up to prevent one of our destroyers from goin down

I'm at level 15 now (German DD) and i can't enter the noob area anymore now (highest allowed level there is 14) so i won't be able to play with you guys at the noob levels.

It's a fun game ,though i getting my ass nerved by torpedo's.

One thing i hate is the lack of strategical naval battle insight of some of my teammate's ,you would think line formations are all to well known ,well not i see ,and 20% of dammage i take trough games is usally FF. mad_o.gif

I don't mind them gunning in front of back from me ,but i hate it when they running parrallel and close.

I'm headin' in now. Noob area HO!

CaptAkira

ReubenJames

EDIT: If any of you come in....set up a chat with OFP title or something.

EDIT2: I'll be tabbing out and checking here too.

Well damn. Missed everyone again.

I got larger guns on my FF now, and my sailors are lvl 5. I did the BB mission but I had to withdraw because I ran outta ammo biggrin_o.gif I sank one of the bastards though! The BB's ran outta ammo and I just sailed alongside one pumping round after round, broadside after broadside, into him. That had to be a little disheartening for those sailors!

It's gonna take awhile to get up to lvl 12 I guess so I can buy and pimp out my DD. If you all want to start emailin' or something to try and set up some get together times PM me.

Do not go the British route, its crap....go for US, they have high displacements, which means u can turn your ships into floating armouries and pack everything inside...

I love this little game too! biggrin_o.gif (well ok it's not so little), I'm almost far enough to choose a nation, I'm still wondering, will it be the US or Germany ...

btw. my name in there is machoman84; Say hi if u see me! wink_o.gif

I haven't decided if I'm going to go US or Japan yet.

Right now I am hanging around the Busan area with an occasional foray near Hamburg or in the middle of nowhere. If you see me gimme a shout out.

Muahahah battled Draco twice so far, twice we drew cos i ran out of ammo :P

Damn it!

If you guys can keep it up for another 2.5 hours I can show up!

sad_o.gif

Very cool game.

my ship the proud STGN Nadja has turned in to a real killing machine after a learnt Manual aiming Hehe much better than auto. but the gam is abit unstable had to re instal it once and now I can't see the evalation of my guns which makes it prity much imposible to know where Im aiming.

At lev. 12 now.

STGN

I think all OFP activities should be in Tokyo area, agree?

okay will be there to morrow.

STGN

Well that was fun....best part was when I was pitched against Draco and MLF.....and won biggrin_o.gif Muahahah who's ya daddy blues.gif

Great fun guys, thx smile_o.gif