Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

C One thirty rollin down the strip.................

smile_o.gif

Looking great, why are windows so dark!

Are you going to make seetrough windows?

Cheers.

Any hope you might do an AC-130U model? And yes, I know about the game limitations, yadda yadda, but I believe there may be some scripts which could simulate a Spooky attack to the player on the ground, without having to worry about the game limitations.

It would however be an excellt model to have for other mission making purposes.

Also, any other SPECOPS varients of the C-130 would be great too. My "little" brother is a crew chief on AFSOC '130's.

Incrediable work mr.jaguar!

Those are things of beauty. I cant wait to get my hands on them for some mission making and picture taking. They look VBS1 quality, or better!

Any hope you might do an AC-130U model? And yes, I know about the game limitations, yadda yadda, but I believe there may be some scripts which could simulate a Spooky attack to the player on the ground, without having to worry about the game limitations.

It would however be an excellt model to have for other mission making purposes.

Also, any other SPECOPS varients of the C-130 would be great too. My "little" brother is a crew chief on AFSOC '130's.

is it entirly undoable to make the barrels of the two big guns move? like its 1 turret with 2 guns but they are just some distance away from eachother?

And then have something like a targetting system with a lock function also fitted to the bird which could be used? So you lock onto a target and it puts the target on the radar and then you lock on to it with the ships guns which then turn what they can on to the target and the plane manouveres into the right position and then the gunner opens fire because he then can...

its hard to explain this sad_o.gif

That spooky script is cool BTW try it with a plane like the Blackops piper or the FDF mod Piper light 2 prop plane! blues.gif

The C-130 has a turnrate which is to slow to get it arround the corner to be inrange for the target, so you could use the AC-130 model simply by giving it extreme turnrate, too much for the Player to use but the AI can fly it!! crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gifghostface.gif

EDIT

And also change the script or make more versions depending which kind of strike you want... Only 40mm or 40mm with 105mm or only 25mm minigun, or or or or...

You can't have ANY turrets on fixed-wing planes.

I could create a visual representation of a AC-130U and that would be it.

The functionality would be from scripts like you describe, transferable from any aircraft to any other.

The AC-130U would only have one feature in common with the real life version: in game it circles well without loosing massive speed.

In my view it is not worth the work compared to the result to make one of these. As said before, if I was to make one, it would follow the main bulk of the C-130 pack.

Also, making this weapon usable as in real life: how to make it possible to "call in" the strike, what kind of weapons to be employed, what kind of target, duration of strike, loitering time of aircraft.. it's all too complex to simulate properly.

The windows are not dark, they are untextured. This is to conceal the cockpit before it is complete. wink_o.gif

Lets cu.

hmmz yes good point there!

ok settled then NO AC-130! biggrin_o.gif

Jaguar, you're outdoing yourself, always getting better and better... truly and remarkably DKM's seal of quality assured!! biggrin_o.gif

I was toying with Hawk's C130 in anticipation of this one and found out 1 thing I was wondering how it'd be addressed... the airplane's ground handling performance is really hardly recomendable for the smaller airports, which made me wonder, could you ask Bratty to dish out a version of his plane tug compatible with your C130? Because maneuvering a C-130 around something like Everon's mini-airport... :S

I'd wish Bratty's plane tug would be compatible with Hawk's C-130 and other big planes, but no other version but the first one has been released so far... so this pic is just a flight of fancy... sad_o.gif

herctuga2ed21009sc.jpg

or instead of having a tug..... Be able to have a moveable nosewheel somehow???

eeep!! crazy_o.gif , Thats one of the best looking addons i have ever seen, looks so hmm... Flashpoint 2 compatible, Amazing smile_o.gif .

nice work there jaguar!  wow_o.gif

Really looking forword to this piece of you excellent work!

any possibility of a crash model of the C-130??

Sig biggrin_o.gif

any news on the H30?

Elite work so far man, I think the whole ofp community is very happy when they are released and also will use these planes!

There will be 2 destroyed models for each plane type.

It was mentioned about 15 pages back.

No H30 pics yet. smile_o.gif

That's an amazing looking plane. Can't wait for it to be released biggrin_o.gif

dunno if it was posted before but how many polys?

just to know if my comp will handle it..

i've a prehistorical computer sad_o.gif

I think Jaguar is using the OPGWC c130 model and that is 9334 faces

Yeah it's about that..

I'm almost regreting choosing this model.. it does need a lot of work.