Sign in to follow this  
Tim Pink

What Music Do You Want To See In Missions

Hey Everyone, cause ive just openedmy website im very interested to see wat kind of music people prefer to see in missions.

please all input is helpfull

Tim Pink

I like the classical & rock mix of the original (no I'm not biased honest wink_o.gif ) but as my personal music preference is for rock I'll vote for that smile_o.gif

i like them all, i really cant vote on one option biggrin_o.gif

i reckon the track should have to be intimately connected to each specific mission ambience.

i like them all, i really cant vote on one option biggrin_o.gif

i reckon the track should have to be intimately connected to each specific mission ambience.

I agree with Bonko the Sane.

Despite i have my musical taste covered by the 70ies and the 80ies songs (as it was when i was listening a lot of music) , a good music must fit the mission ambience.

And there, a specific musical genre can fit better than another for a specific situation, that is why voting is not easy there without knowing the mission context and ambience.

I like rock and drum n bass techno biggrin_o.gif

but rock in any kind, if you wanna get some inspiration listen to the music in the bourne supremacy its really good wink_o.gif

I guess I'm in a minority of one but I don't care. I didn't vote 'cause I don't like any kind of music while playing OFP. I just like to hear the sound of silence, sounds of nature, the sound of my feet and the blasting sound of my svd when shooting at some bad guys. Yeah - that's what I like best! And I hope some of you like it too ;)

Normal rock baby yeah biggrin_o.gif , but only for intros and movies, i like to hear some low tune coming from a radio but other than that it is very anoying not to hear enemy fire crazy_o.gif .

It definitely depends on the scenario...

I wouldnt want some loud heavy metal crashing my ear drums when I am sneaking up on an east checkpoint, just as I wouldnt want a slow mournful classical piece when I am in the back of my M113 en route to protect Montignac from the advancing russian armour...

So i cant decide really, its far too dependent on the situation...

Needs a melody. Perhaps quiet but fast... enough to drown out the repetition. If I had to hear this everytime I'd respawn, I'd be banging my head against the monitor in rythm until it was over tounge_o.gif

Good start though.

Personally, I choose not to have any music playing while I'm actually in a mission. For me, it's realism issue. But for intros and cutscenes, I agree that the music score just depends on the situation being presented and the "feel" that you are trying to go for. You're not going to be playing rock music during a dramatic scene where a more "classical" score is best. Blackhawk Down is a good example of some great music that fit the theme and emotion of the scene.

One of my favorite tracks of all time is "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" by Hotei Tomayasu, most popular from the movie "Kill Bill, volume 1".

Hey great site!

Honestly..err...i didnt kinda appreciate the death score..but hell!, yer anthem for ECP is great!!! tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  Your concept of ingame music is great - makes playing the game more enjoyable. You guys sure are a talented lot. Lets hope Hollywood knows who to go to when they need some inmovie music.

What would it be like without some music to keep the adrenaline pumping? - imagine watching  a movie with no music..would be boring! crazy_o.gif

How about something like this? tounge_o.gifTNMH AO KPACHORO OKTR6PR

Quote[/b] ]Needs a melody. Perhaps quiet but fast... enough to drown out the repetition

Thats exactly wat i was thinking, but im not sure, i might play a bass melody over the top of it, it sounds very NIN'ish if u listen to the Still CD

And maybeh sit a guitar drone in there

oh and there will be more than one Death Theme lol, this is but one of them, ive got about 4 done now so tis all good

god the Halo 2 soundtrack is good, ill have to add that to the shopping list.

Tim Pink