Sign in to follow this  
Newleafman

Add On Missions and version compatability...

Can you use older, user created missions, with version 1.96?? For example if it says it is for version 1.0, will it run OK in 1.96? rock.gif

I would like to download some missions that are easy to install. Prefferably ones that don't need add ons. Any recommendations? I am new to this game so I am a little greedy at this point, and want to load up my misssions folder wink_o.gif

This seems like that game that keeps on giving. The fanbase and support is amazing for an older game. Love it.

Quote[/b] ]Can you use older, user created missions, with version 1.96?? For example if it says it is for version 1.0, will it run OK in 1.96?

yes.

You can use them, but some will not work correctly anymore. This is especially true for the more "advanced" missions, as many scripting commands/values have been changed/added/removed from 1.00 to 1.96.

Also, when using the same addons in the same versions it should probably work, although addons nowadays (1.85 and later) require to have some more class infos in them (requiredaddons[]). If you replace some older addons with newer versions of the same addon they might or might not work, depending on how much the author changed the newer version and if he had compatibility with the older version in mind.

Moving to User Missions.

is that why when i replace old 1.00 version missions with new 1.85 addons there is lots of lag?