Sign in to follow this  
-TFF- NEO

Real soldiers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Jan. 15 2002,04:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He also shot left handed so he often got burned but had to live with it cause the brass deflector (that fits on the shell ejector and instead of the bullet flying out it makes the bullets fall down.or basicly a thing that curves the bullets to go down)keeped jamming so he just had to get burned alot by the shells lol. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh and that was the M16 i was talking about.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 15 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The M-249 SAW is basically the American designation for the FN minimi. They made a few mods on it and dubbed it the M-249. In Canada we use a C9, just like the factory model but with an Elcan scope on it. Its a nice little gun.

Hey L24A, that barrel looks a little short. Where was that pic taken? They let you have live ammo off the range? or was that pic taken on a tour?

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Pic was taken in Bosnia on tour with the RRF on Mt. Igman.

Weapon is FN Minimi PARA-model hence the shorter barrel and retractable butt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 15 2002,04:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IMO the barrel was fine as is. They put a handgaurd on it to prevent burns. If you ask me, it would just get in my way, it looks too bulky. I aslo hear that they have to remove the barrel to switch the gas settings, is this true?

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Not true,

Gas settings can be changed with the selector on the gas feedback, right under the barrel. (same system as FN-MAG or GPMG)

Do they use the Minimi in Holland? :O Cool!

yeah, the SAS used them in the Gulf and probably Afganistan.

Hey L24A, how many tours have you done in Bosnia and how long was each one.

My dad tried to get me out to Bosnia a few years ago via Croatia, but sadly sad.gif it never happened sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Jan. 15 2002,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah, the SAS used them in the Gulf and probably Afganistan.

Hey L24A, how many tours have you done in Bosnia and how long was each one.

My dad tried to get me out to Bosnia a few years ago via Croatia, but sadly  sad.gif  it never happened sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

2 tours in bosnia both 6 months. One tour as Unprofor, other tour as Rapid Reaction Force during operation Deliberate Force. I was an Forward Observing Officer guiding artillery and aircraft fire on serbian targets.

1 tour as part of UN taskforce in Cambodia (6 months)

1 tour as part of UN taskforce in Angola (6 months)

1 tour as part of UN taskforce in Turkey to aid kurdisch fleeing from iraq (2 months)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (L24A @ Jan. 15 2002,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gas settings can be changed with the selector on the gas feedback, right under the barrel. (same system as FN-MAG or GPMG)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I know. I just finished my gunners course back in June of '01

We use the C6 (FN MAG) do you use the same?

My most memorable time with the C6 would have to be when we were on the tank ranges up in Meaford Ontario. On the night shoot in the SF role. Our FPF (Final Protective Fire) was set up on a tank about 400m away. We set all 4 guns to the FPF and fired away using all our trace ammo. wow.gif It looked like something out of Star Wars! biggrin.gif

My best shot with it would have to be when I hit an old jeep (or something like that) @ 950m, that was neat.

Tyler