Sign in to follow this  
-TFF- NEO

Real soldiers

There is many real soldiers that's playing this game... Do you have any stories to tell? smile.gif Like, what's the M16 like for real, and so on. smile.gif

If any of you real soldiers have some stories from real combat situations, i would like to hear them. smile.gif

FYI thats real.. not some idiot 14 year old who reads tom clancy novels... (of which there are several here)..

I was in the coast guard for a while, but unless you want a story about.. nothing.. Im of little use. biggrin.gif

I could tell you what weapons inflict on real humans, in this case a P8 9mm round fired by accident into a guards belly that died after being revived 5 times on the way to hospital, but you don´t want to hear that.

Hmmm, I'm no veteran, but I am in the Army, the Canadian Army Reserve to be exact. Same with Blink Dog. L24A is also in an Army (I forgot which one, sorry)

Whats the M-16 like? Well we dont use them per se. We use a Diemaco C7, its a different model.

If you can, get an AR-15 or equivalent, head to a range and shoot it. Because I can't really describe it to you. One thing I love is the brief smell of cordite when the spent casing ejects, its pretty neat. The recoil ain't bad, compared to more powerfull rifles.

Combat?, well, fortunately the closest thing to combat most soldiers see is an excercise. Whats that like? Very very loud, and fast.

I'm sure the others here with much much more experience will chime in on their knowledge for you. (and me)

Tyler

P.S. have you read "Black Hawk Down"? I suggest you do, it was taken from actual accounts on the fight for Mogadishu. Its a good read, I hope the movie does justice to it.

If any of you are In Australia.. (I'm not sure if America etc. does this) But occassionally Army bases like Enoggera have open days.

The last one I went to, they were allowing people to go out into a little cordoned off "Battlefield" wearing the laser training suits (vests and helmets with laser sensors to tell you if you've been hit by a round and have been wounded or killed...) and a Steyr with the laser attachment over the barrel.

It's not exactly combat... so its not the same by a long shot... but it is fun... and it does show you exactly how confusing things can get and how you can loose track of the battleground as a whole when you are under fire or shooting at someone else..

Ask the admins if there's still a copy of the "military stupidity" thread left on the server. Noone and I filled that one with funny military stories.

I have enough stories to tell and enough pictures to go with it, but I posted all this shit already some time ago and I do feel much for doing it again

I love my FAS 90

thats obviousley a toy..

BWAHAHAH!! just kidding, got a pic of the full gun? never seen one.. accept in games.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 14 2002,18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love my FAS 90

thats obviousley a toy..

BWAHAHAH!! just kidding, got a pic of the full gun? never seen one.. accept in games.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey Wobble,

Is it really true that the pictures that you claimed that you've taken of the AR15 and shot raccoon are actually pictures from securityarms.com and rotten.com?

If that's the case.........

We have a new devil wannabe on this forum.

BTW

Devil was someone who loved to tell lies.

Dunno where he's now. Probably has a new name on this board

FAS-90 is cute;)

This is my personal weapon, lot more fun!

Lacks the bite a little on long range firing, but hey, it is a hell lot lighter than a gpmg

minimi.gif

Is it really true that the pictures that you claimed that you've taken of the AR15 and shot raccoon are actually pictures from securityarms.com and rotten.com?

of course not, look at the ground in the background of both pics.. its the same...  but if ya dont believe me feel free to try and find the pics I posted anywhere on the net.

P.S. that coon pic would be quite Tame for rotton.com if its the site I think it is..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (L24A @ Jan. 14 2002,19:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FAS-90 is cute;)

This is my personal weapon, lot more fun!

Lacks the bite a little on long range firing, but hey, it is a hell lot lighter than a gpmg

minimi.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And I called him... minimi.... tounge.gif

*The crowd goes into an uproar, after hearing Aaron's crappy joke. He is hit in the face by a turnip, and goes into a coma where he stays for a while, then wakes up and goes to the bathroom*

That.... is a FN Minimi, right?

FN minimi?

Isn't the minimi an M-249 SAW? Hence not an FN?

By the way, with your red eyes and that gun u look really scary!

The M-249 SAW is basically the American designation for the FN minimi. They made a few mods on it and dubbed it the M-249. In Canada we use a C9, just like the factory model but with an Elcan scope on it. Its a nice little gun.

Hey L24A, that barrel looks a little short. Where was that pic taken? They let you have live ammo off the range? or was that pic taken on a tour?

Tyler

The SAW was developed through an initially Army-led research and development effort and eventually a Joint NDO program in the late 1970s/early 1980s to restore sustained and accurate automatic weapons fire to the fire team and squad. When actually fielded in the mid-1980s, the SAW was issued as a one-for-one replacement for the designated "automatic rifle" (M16A1) in the Fire Team. In this regard, the SAW filled the void created by the retirement of the Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) during the 1950s because interim automatic weapons (e.g. M-14E2/M16A1) had failed as viable "base of fire" weapons. Early in the SAW's fielding, the Army identified the need for a Product Improvement Program (PIP) to enhance the weapon. This effort resulted in a "PIP kit" which modifies the barrel, handguard, stock, pistol grip, buffer, and sights

IMO the barrel was fine as is. They put a handgaurd on it to prevent burns. If you ask me, it would just get in my way, it looks too bulky. I aslo hear that they have to remove the barrel to switch the gas settings, is this true?

Tyler

My dad was a soldier.He drove,commanded,fired and loaded an actuall M1A1.All though he is retired he served 15 years and drove the M1A1 for 4 years.He kinda didnt experiance any thing amazing though but had fun like runnin over a abandened VW beatlle and a out house. smile.gif Shot alote a deer and cows in the M1A1 (no joke lol).His friend also accedetly drove an M1A1 into a boulder and part of the tank broke open.They had to seal it shut with ducktape so no one could see what was in it(cause it was topsecret).Bout the M16 hears some thing that will prove that the M16 recoil isnt strong.In my dads basic training his drill Sgt put the M16 up to his nose and pulled the trigger and didnt hurt his nose one bit biggrin.gif .He was in 1st cav and the 2nd AD.I cant rember from when he joined till he retired.Some thing like 1980 or some thing to 19--.I havent asked him that yet.Well later  smile.gif

as for the M16 kick.. well My AR doesne tkick very hard.. but im not sticking it up to my schnoz!

He also shot left handed so he often got burned but had to live with it cause the brass deflector (that fits on the shell ejector and instead of the bullet flying out it makes the bullets fall down.or basicly a thing that curves the bullets to go down)keeped jamming so he just had to get burned alot by the shells lol. smile.gif

C7A1_C9A1.jpg

A C7A1 and a C9A1 LMG. The helmet covering is the new CADPAT (CAnadian Dispersion PATern) Which is what our new combat uniforms look like.

Description:

"This is a pic of the Canadian C9A1 Light Machine gun, and a Canadian Diemaco C7A1 Assault rifle with Canadian 3.4 X Rubber Armored Elcan Optical sight.

Very accurate, sustained automatic fire is possible with the use of this optic. Very robust and uses Picket-type post with stadia line for basic range estimation. It has a replaceable beta light source illuminated tip. It is dial calibrated for 200 metres to 800 metres in 100 metre increments (calibrated for 5.56 or 7.62 Nato ammunition)"

This is a pic of the Canadian C9A1 Light Machine gun, and a Canadian Diemaco C7A1 Assault rifle with Canadian 3.4 X Rubber Armored Elcan Optical sight

and it shoots Canadian bullets and targets Canadians aim at, and Canadian casings fall from the Canadian breachh..

Proud people.. Canadians wink.gif

wait? who's gun is this? I think its Canadian..