Sign in to follow this  
calamity

Kegety's OFP Launcher

Got a question for you gusy about the Kegety's OFP Launcher v2.18. I use extensive MOD folders and I've got a filing system that orders the MOD folders for easier referance. I would like to transfer this structure to the MOD folder list in OFP Launcher. The OFP Launcher, however, does not appear to order the MOD list, either Alpha-Numerically, nor in the order they are added. I found the registry key where the MOD information is stored, and I did notice that each MOD in the list has a numerical registry key that appears to be randomly generated, and the order in the OFP Launcher list does match the order in the registry list. I did try to modify the registry key to affect the order. As you are most likely have guessed, this did not meet with good results... sad_o.gif

So, ny question is basic, how can I affect the order of the MODs in the MOD list?

Thanks

Calamity

OFPec Missions Depot Staff.

General is for questions relating to Opf out of the box, questions about addons should be in the addons & mods discussion forum, moving smile_o.gif

Well, OFP Watch lets you decide the order of mod folders and you can even use -nomap with it (afaik the ofp launcher can't do that either). So use OFP Watch smile_o.gif

you can even use -nomap with it (afaik the ofp launcher can't do that either).

Ever looked at OFP Launcher's Options menu?

[x] Force no memory-mapping wink_o.gif

No idea if there's more "user friendlier" way to change mod order than editing key-values with regedit. HKEY_USERS\S-some-strange-numbers-use-the-search\Software\OFP Launcher2\mods is the "branch".

I have no need to change from OFP Launcher  tounge_o.gif

i was able to get it to work by changing all of the registry numbers; what i did was start with 6 digits (like the original registry numbers), at 111111, and work my way up to something like 111137 or something. i checked and it worked like a charm.

one thing though, i recommend that if you use this method, use intervals of 10 or 100, because it will be a pain if you want to add a mod folder and have to renumber the rest to keep in sequence. (i didn't didn't think of this until i was already half done, so i'm going to put off renumbering them to another day).

@ Mar. 03 2005,16:28)]Ever looked at OFP Launcher's Options menu?

In which version? I've got 2.16 and I ain't got that option rock.gif

@ Mar. 03 2005,16:28)]Ever looked at OFP Launcher's Options menu?

In which version? I've got 2.16 and I ain't got that option rock.gif

i have v2.18 and there i have this option. wink_o.gif