Sign in to follow this  
pajama

Gran Turismo 4

Seeing there was a pretty good intrest with Richard Burns Rally with the OFP players, I thought it might be intrsting to see what you guys think of the newly release Gran Turismo 4.

The "photo mode" in this game is just jaw droping... crazy_o.gif

It allows you to export pics through thumb drives/iPods.

g3.jpg

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

Yes, they are user made "ingame" shots... I'm still surprise how the PS2 can pull this off. wow_o.gif

For more 1 2

Looks like a bunch of crazy high resolution images put on a background object to make that effect. Looks nifty. Not really into racing games that much though.

That looks pretty good. How is the game play? It is realistic? Is it released for PC yet?

Edit- Are you kidding me? Those pics do not look ingame at all. Like MrZig said...they looks like high resolution pics. WOW! I hope the gameplay is like the "pictures".

Well in "photo mode" you are provided with preset (?) envioroments (not solely backgrounds) to which you can set up however you want, utilizing diffrent type of lens etc.  

But beyond that, you can export pics from the replays of the races and if done right, they should just look as good.  

The blurb:

Quote[/b] ]Automotive racing is much more than a sport, it's a lifestyle. As the fourth installment of the worldwide blockbuster-selling Gran Turismo series, Gran Turismo 4 is available exclusively for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Following in the footsteps of the PlayStation 2 "Greatest Hit," Gran Turismo3 A-spec, and a racing franchise that has sold more than 36 million units worldwide, Gran Turismo 4 features authentic racing gameplay that focuses on more than 650 cars, up to 100 courses and unique race modes. With an all-new physics engine and an all-new artificial intelligence engine, combined with revolutionary technology, Gran Turismo 4 delivers enhanced, if not perfected, game physics, graphics, and feel, acting as a near-realistic automotive driving simulator.

Yes, 650+ cars (Yes you can have your Delorean tounge_o.gif ) Each payed in full with maximum attention to detail.  

Like said by the developers themselves (Polyphony Digital), they want the GT series game to be considerd like an automotive encyclopedia.

Some panaramics

g6.jpg

Using long exposer

Based on some comments I have heard and some gameplay videos I have seen its not very realistic in terms of physics...  Get Live for Speed S2 (and Richard Burns Rally) instead ;)

Some how I knew Kegetys would jump in here tounge_o.gif

Yes, Live for Speed is an absolute blast in MP with a wheel smile_o.gif

But I think just with photo mode alone I'm deffenetly going to knab this game up.  Come on man, if the games fan forum is full of moter oil ads, the games got to be good tounge_o.gif

g5.jpg

BTW: Its intresting that the series has been know to actually help increase sales/awareness for certain car manufacturers. Many manufacturers actually got Polyphony to produce "specail editions" of GT for certain models as promotions.

I've preordered this game and I'll get it next week. It's PS2 (Playstation 2) only

I'm looking forward to play this game! smile_o.gif

The photo mode in GT4 is a nice feature.

here are a few shots of some of the photos I have made:

This is the Subaru Impreza that I won, it's a good car for just about anything

Subaru-impreza.jpg

and here is some toyota triathlon car that i won, it looks strange, but its a good car. The one thing about it though is that you cant race it in any races

toyotatriathalon.jpg

and here is one of my Silverado concept pick-up

silverado.jpg

Nice screens!! wow_o.gif

I have to wait another week to finally be able to play this game! tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

GT4 is amazing, ok they released a howler GT4 Prologue to keep the interest going and make some extra cash.  But this baby will have you playing for at least month.  Which in my gaming terms is a long time for a console game.  This game is not only enhanced on all areas from GT3 Apec but features many more cars to buy and upgrade.  The attention to detial in the Gt series is remarkable, with great backgrounds and the use of shadow and sun glare on the cars.  I for one have this on pre-order for this friday in the UK.   biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  brum brum

GT4 is amazing, ok they released a howler GT4 Prologue to keep the interest going and make some extra cash. But this baby will have you playing for at least month. Which in my gaming terms is a long time for a console game. This game is not only enhanced on all areas from GT3 Apec but features many more cars to buy and upgrade. The attention to detial in the Gt series is remarkable, with great backgrounds and the use of shadow and sun glare on the cars. I for one have this on pre-order for this friday in the UK. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif brum brum

One thing I really like is that you can buy used cars again! biggrin_o.gif

You'll get Gran Turismo 4 this Friday? Does the UK get GT4 on Friday?! :o In Sweden the release date is March 9th.

Based on some comments I have heard and some gameplay videos I have seen its not very realistic in terms of physics...  Get Live for Speed S2 (and Richard Burns Rally) instead ;)

Missing out mate, the most realistic to date: GTR Real Racing

www.gtr-game.com

World wide release coming in a few days, German version is already out there. I highly recommend it.

I'll have to dig up the old racing sim thread sometime.

www.gtr-game.com

Starforce ruins it though, not going to install that as long as its there.

www.gtr-game.com

i know it´s OT here and the mods don´t want discussions avout copy protections .. but could someone please tell me whats so wrong about starforce ?

im having soldiers heroes of ww2 installed with starforce and did never really notice any changes on my system .. so whats it all about  rock.gif

ontopic: thumbs up for GT4, if anyone has played too much GT1 & 2 it´s got to be me  tounge_o.gif

(would be cool to have a pc version in the future)

The man's right, sadly enough this isn't released until the 9th March (next Wednesday) here in the UK. Amazon.co.uk and GAME will back me up on that.

gargl have to wait 7 march to get my hands on it crazy_o.gif

for the time being i'll just drool on some pics sad_o.gif

I have to wait to the 10th of March sad_o.gif Damn Australia mad_o.gif

This may be a lot to ask, but does anyone have a complete car list or at least a list of all the modes and new features?

Also, what are the best communities for GT4?

This may be a lot to ask, but does anyone have a complete car list or at least a list of all the modes and new features?

Here's one good site. ;) gtplanet.net

www.gtr-game.com

Yeah sure starforce I'm not too in love with either, but you're talking about the OFP of racing there, the physics are really so good that they totally overshadow the annoyances of starfuck. wink_o.gif

I'll just make that post in the racing thread now...

Here's one good site. ;) gtplanet.net

Thanks a lot for that.

By the way, I found a car list myself if anybody else was after it:

Good old GameFAQs

yes Holden Monaro CV8 and commodore SS smile_o.gif this is one great game.........if I only had it

yes Holden Monaro CV8 and commodore SS   smile_o.gif  this is one great game.........if I only had it

And FPV F6 Typhoon, and FPV GT! biggrin_o.gif

Shame there's no Z series HSV's.....

I'll be picking this one up as soon as I can!

lol.....just had a look see through the car list....and this one caught my attention!

Copy and paste:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://z-o-g.org/gt4cars/used-oldtimer/volvo-240-glt-estate-88.jpg

I hope the creators will let us put on one of those mammoth Volvo truck turbos.....that'd be nuts! tounge_o.gif