Guest The Cobra

Splinter Cell modification

Guest The Cobra

Hello!

I have started with some animations for Splinter Cell and I have a friend who will help me with making the missions. The only problem is that my O2-skills are ZERO  sad_o.gif. What I need for the mod is:

Modellers, making the weapons and gadgets

Level designers, making building and rooms*

Scripters**

Texturers, making new enemie chlothes. (Understand what I mean?)

Makers of Sam Fisher, his suit and his face.

If you are interested please add my MSN (jonathan0829@hotmail.com).

*In the Splinter Cell games you are most inside rooms and buildings, hiding in the natural darkness of being inside of walls so buildings (also bridges between houses) and stuff like that will probably be needed.

**Making passout-script, like when you run up and punch someone and when someone finds him, make him walk again. If possible, the thermalvision-goggles.

In Splinter Cell your visibilty depending on the light. Can be hard to make some kind of script that effects how the enemies see you depending on the light around you.

NOTE: This will be a Splinter Cell 1 mod only. No new moves, gadgets etc. from eather Pandora Tommorow or Chaos Theory will be added.

More info will be posted later.

Anyone intrested?

Well if you planning to make a CQB type mod...I say, don't bother. The engine is not made for this. Thermal Googles, and other gadgets would be nice though.

Well if you planning to make a CQB type mod...I say, don't bother. The engine is not made for this. Thermal Googles, and other gadgets would be nice though.

What he said...........

The engine is just not made for this.

It won't work, unfortunately, as much as I would love to see something like this sad_o.gif

again someone who wants to mod but doenst have ideas howto do this lol..

just a tip

b4 u post a mod idea

be sure u can realize it....

nice idea though....

Guest The Cobra

Yeah... Too bad BI and Codemasters didn't use the Unreal enging with dynamic light fx...  sad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif . Well, some kind of scripts could maybe solve the lighting and visibility...

again someone who wants to mod but doenst have ideas howto do this lol..

just a tip

b4 u post a mod idea

be sure u can realize it....

nice idea though....

Well, I find O2 hard tounge_o.gif...

But whats impossible, you think?

("Adidas: Impossible is nothing" tounge_o.gif)

You'd need a script which calculates 'shadow' areas by checking the coordinates of light sources nearby with the coords of all objects around you. If there's something in the way, you could be treated as 'in the shadows'.

That basically means you'd need to tell a script all coords of all light sources and interior objects in a house.

Lots of work. And you'd only simulate it, players wouldnt 'see' shadows, therefore it'd hard to play i guess.

Maybe scratch the inhouse-gameplay altogether and concentrate on infiltrating large bases. Kinda like 'IGI - I'm going in'. That was a good shooter indeed. I think something like IGI could be done in OpF, with lots of AI scripts.

Guest The Cobra

How about a addonpack, with replacment anims and a campaing... Thats like a mod but in the campaign you infiltrate larger bases and it's not many enemies around you all the time so you dont have to do so much with lights then have it night all missions... But doesn't get a little darker when you step in a house on the day 'cause of being inside?

Whats all this negativ atitude about I think OFP is perfect for sneaking around and in to base's so Sam Fisher in OFP would be cool. A way to fix the thermal googles could be to make a script or somthing that would show people and virechles as if they where lighted up in the NVG mod and offcause buildings and so which are normaly lighted up shouldent be.

Also smart weapones like CS gas and so fired out of the FN2000 could problery be made too.

STGN

Mostly because OFP is really bad at simulating CQB.

BTW- Thermal googles are hard made then said. But they would be nice. I support sneaking around, someone to make gadgets and such, but not CQB.

Quote[/b] ]Modellers, making the weapons and gadgets

Level designers, making building and rooms*

Scripters**

Texturers, making new enemie chlothes. (Understand what I mean?)

Makers of Sam Fisher, his suit and his face.

The mistake here (yet again) is that a person who has no skills for "their" new mod needs every single skill to come from another person(s).

It's not a mod...it's an idea.

nothing agaisnt sam fisher stgn

someone wanted to make a mod but hasnt an idea how to :P

LOL. why not just play Splinter Cell, instead of trying to do something that will never work well in ofp... crazy_o.gif

hahaha...u guys!

But it would be interesting to see a thermal google. Can someone tell me how to make the radar screen thingy on vehicles from a script, with the red squares representing enemies?

just make a splinter cell addon

i would download it

there's already a splintercell gun out anyway

just make the splinter cell side arm and unit and viola

perfect

a unit to replce the bis blackop model

just make a splinter cell addon

i would download it

there's already a splintercell gun out anyway

just make the splinter cell side arm and unit and viola

perfect

a unit to replce the bis blackop model

Um, if you want to play splinter cell, why the hell dont you just play splinter cell? OFP is definatly not the game for splinter cell. They are nothing alike. Nothing what so ever!

i've played splintercell

i just want a splintercell addon since it'll be cool in the ofp environment since splintercell was mostly indoors while ofp splintercell will act like a blackop

add cqb script which is pretty easy then you can play splintercell unit in ofp.

plus splintercell will have better missions in ofp since you can create your own missions

A nice idea, and I could say it's impossible but after the rideable horse, a train, towable vehicles, 3d clouds and more, i won't.

I surely will download it if it Splinter Cell type gameplay will be possible in OFP. And I guess the shadows *could* be made by textures if nothing else works.

I certainly hope this mod will not die like many others... We'll see.

Ok, So I see that the last post was over 10 years ago. So lets try this again. They more or less already have 'Splinter Cell' gear but no where near called that. 

Saying that, would it be possible to create all of the Splinter Cell: Blacklist outfits? If you are wanting more info on what I am talking about, I would be happy to do so. 

No need on the Noggles, and if possible to create a very small to very large Invisible backpack that has no Shadow would be amazing! 

11 hours ago, Booker- said:

Ok, So I see that the last post was over 10 years ago. So lets try this again. They more or less already have 'Splinter Cell' gear but no where near called that. 

Saying that, would it be possible to create all of the Splinter Cell: Blacklist outfits? If you are wanting more info on what I am talking about, I would be happy to do so. 

No need on the Noggles, and if possible to create a very small to very large Invisible backpack that has no Shadow would be amazing! 

Holy necropost, Batman.

To keep it short - most things related to 3d models are possible (guns, gear, character models), whereas the character models would require a certain amount of leftover sanity to do the rigging and weighting if you create a lot of new assets instead of simple retextures of OFP models. Custom models for NV goggles are possible, but thermal vision and the other variants are impossible.

Backpacks do not exist in OFP as opposed to the later games, carrying multiple items can be solved via a simple config trick, multiple weapons can be handled via a script (but as far as I remember the original Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory and the few minutes I've spent in Blacklist, you only really need a multi purpose rifle and a pistol.)

Melee combat and advanced stealth is possible, there has been a great mission demonstrating it (I forgot the title, but I could look it up again if you want.)

With all that said, I have really thought about doing a few Splinter Cell inspired addons and missions years ago, but the thought of creating interiors in OFP and scripting the enemy movement in there still gives me nightmares. You'd have to do accurate geometry, roadway and a paths LOD for the AI to know where to go in, out and stand. But if you do have the time to create a few Splinter Cell addons, I'd love to see the results and maybe give it a try in the editor!

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 4:14 AM, Lenyoga said:

Holy necropost, Batman.

To keep it short - most things related to 3d models are possible (guns, gear, character models), whereas the character models would require a certain amount of leftover sanity to do the rigging and weighting if you create a lot of new assets instead of simple retextures of OFP models. Custom models for NV goggles are possible, but thermal vision and the other variants are impossible.

Backpacks do not exist in OFP as opposed to the later games, carrying multiple items can be solved via a simple config trick, multiple weapons can be handled via a script (but as far as I remember the original Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory and the few minutes I've spent in Blacklist, you only really need a multi purpose rifle and a pistol.)

Melee combat and advanced stealth is possible, there has been a great mission demonstrating it (I forgot the title, but I could look it up again if you want.)

With all that said, I have really thought about doing a few Splinter Cell inspired addons and missions years ago, but the thought of creating interiors in OFP and scripting the enemy movement in there still gives me nightmares. You'd have to do accurate geometry, roadway and a paths LOD for the AI to know where to go in, out and stand. But if you do have the time to create a few Splinter Cell addons, I'd love to see the results and maybe give it a try in the editor!

I have a buddy that wants to start something like what you are talking about. Let me talk to him and see what he really wants to do. He already has a melee mod and wants to create a Stealth mod. TY for the reply on what you think. :D

• Like 1