Sign in to follow this  
Tomislav

Sea Demon MIG-29 v.3.0

regarding airfields....err...its not exactly true that in ofp u can have only 1 AI airfield, heck! u can have 10 AI airfields if u want....only thing is, are u prepared for workarounds?

I have tested and it works using waypoints with ENGINE OFF codes, combined with toadlife's modified velocity scripts. Nothing may be impossible in OFP! wow_o.gif

To prove i aint kidding..here's the Ai landing on non-airport mission. You will need the RKT F14 plane ( tomiD's).

Ai landing on non - airport 7 days download only

that's what i meant, but as i am not good in scripting i didn't suggest it.

but if you force the AI to land, how do you do that?

when the AI comes near the airfield it'll get forced to land, or?

so it would be impossible to fly over it, if you keep it as a trigger, otherwise you need a script for every plane. butmaybe i only said nonsense atm.

if u tried out the mission, u will realize the script is nothing but a velocity script to slow down the plane. It will work for any plane as long as u name the plane( any name ) and trigger it to activate the script to slow down its speed.

The magic is in the waypoints to get the plane to the place where u want it to land, and most important of all - to off the engine. If the engine is not off, it will explode if it touches the ground.

Another critical factor is the landing gear. You will need to know the landing gear selection names and place it in a trigger to activate it. Unfortunately not all landing gears have the same names, so you will have to ask the authors for the names of the planes' gear you want to force land.

As it is just waypoints, you can place it anywhere you want, any direction to face. And with waypoints, it is entirely up to you to plan your missions - u can set a search and destroy waypoint first, then when no more enemies plane present, you can use a trigger to make the plane move to the next waypoint - force land waypoints as per my mission demo.

By the way, sea-demon, whats the name of your landing gears? I could only manage a belly land with yer craft on a carrier cos dunno yer landing gear name.

_???WTF???_

in real life mig-29 hasn't go a chance against f-16 and f-15?

you are dum or what?!

Or what. smile_o.gif

The mighty US Air Force had an outstanding 17 to 1 kill rate during the Vietnam War (its later half).

And the VC (or whatever they are) had Migs. So let's talk about Russian "air superiority," shall we? smile_o.gif

During the first Gulf War there was a case when two US

F-15s (which were low on fuel) had to engage two Iraqi Mig-29s. Both Mig-29s were destroyed VERY quickly. And the most interesting thing is that Iraqi SAMs were trying to take out the Eagles while they were fighting those Migs… In fact Iraqi Mig-29s could not destroy a single US combat plane during that war. Russian players do like to brag about their "highly advanced" combat jets, but an air show is one thing, and real combat is another. Someone would say that Iraqi pilots were not well-trained and could not rely on their ground command-and-control centers (which were destroyed) – that is why their Mig-29s couldn't show what they are really capable of. Yeah, a bad dancer always blames his shoes. But Russians did say a number of times that their Mig-29s were SO good that even an average pilot could show absolutely astonishing results. Hmm… the US military engineers say that Mig-29 is one of "the best jets to win a fight above your own airfield" smile_o.gif – the Mig-29 has hardly any fuel, even the upgraded version.

And what do we see here?

SeaDemon's Mig-29 in the hands of AI pilots can take out anything – ground and air targets alike. Just for test purposes I've made a simple mission – four F-15s vs three mig-29s.

Migs won three times in a row. I think they've lost a single jet once. After the third round I was tired of this game. This is not acceptable. I understand that certain addonmakers AND players have something I call a "post-Soviet patriotic syndrome", but the truth is – the NATO was always superior. unclesam.gif

keller your information is not so accurate,

read about your dreams in gulf war in my post, about kuznetsov...You are nothing but a trouble... mad_o.gif

First - you sound a little angry, what's wrong?

Second - my info is always extremly accurate.

3rd - what dreams? I don't get it. Speak Englsih bro.

yeah, dreams about your "extremly accurate info"

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

we all will see, what extremly accurate info would say more...

hahaha... lol...

Oh for christ sake not this shit again! crazy_o.gif

Well I always say this when I find some dudes comparing military penises on the internet.

1 F-18 vs 1 MiG29 without AWACS or ground support.

Over 30 miles away F-18 has got the upper hand because of better avionics and long range missiles. Changes are the MiG is toasted if the pilot does not know how to fly the plane.

At 20-15 miles they are pretty equal and its down to the pilots who pwns who.

Less than 10 miles and the F-18 pilot is fucked because MiG has way better short range missiles and gun sights. MiG is also way more maneurvable and pilot has better view from hes cockpit.

Now to the dude who used Gulf War as example how bad russian aircrafts are. Iraqis flew EXPORT MiG's. This means they have bad avionics and basicly everything is crappier than the real thing. Even missiles were in some cases something that MiG-23 would use...

Also Iraqi pilots did not know how to fly their planes. They absolutely sucked ass. Their SAM's were also from the 60's with no radars because the radars were toasted when the war started. This was because iraqis didnt move them. Its the same thing with their tanks! Most were buried in the sand and used as unmobile gun emplacements. tounge_o.gif

To Keller_777: You are right iraqi MiG-29's did not down a single US combat aircraft during the war. However iraqi MiG-25 downed an F-18! It was more because of the iraqi pilots and tactics than planes. wink_o.gif

bucket man, i see that you know some things...

but mig-29 rockets are not short range... have you read my previous posts? where I compared mig-29 and f-16 rockets,

f-16 rockets are same like f-18, but f-18 can carry more rockets, look about russian r-27 and r-77 rockets, you will see whos rockets are short range.

about gulf war, yes, mig-25 did down f-18, export mig-29 versions had very bad radar and avionic systems...

Yeah AA-12 Adder has longer range than AIM-120 AMRAAM but in some other areas it is not so good. I would say AMRAAM is more likely to hit the target than Adder. Not saying Adder is crap but AMRAAM is brobably best long range AA missile in the world. Russians on the other hand make best medium and short range AA missiles in the world.

AA-12 Adder

I think you don't read the text on your's link...

it's said:

"The most recent Russian R-77 medium-range missiles (AA-12 "AMRAAMSKI") is similar to and in some respects equal to the American AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles. The R-77 missile has an active radar finder and a maximim range of 90-100 kilometers (50 km more than AMRAAM) and flies at four times the speed of sound."

Besides R-77 and AIM-120C is medium range missiles, just read!!! ;)

Did you read about guidance?

R-77 guidance: Inertial, command and active radar

3 targeting variants on one lock...

AIM-120C AMRAAM guidance : Active radar terminal/inertial midcourse

1 targeting variant on one lock(because - / means or)

;)

So range, targeting and speed wins against AIM-120C AMRAAM

If only there were most moder AMRAAM missiles, no doubt R-77 would be no compare...

Sorry, but you need to read more...

xmas_o.gif

I based my claim of AMRAAM superiority on the "R-77 is similar and in some respects equal to the AIM-120 AMRAAM" bit. Besides both are in theory medium range missiles. AMRAAM has longest range of all missiles in US inventory if Phoenix is taken out of service with F-14 Phantom. wink_o.gif

I just read some more on the missile guidance systems and both AIM-120 AMRAAM and AA-12 Adder have almost the same system.

In long engagements missile is first launched and then it receives updates on the targets position from the aircraft that launched it or maybe AWACS. Then when its about 20 kilometers from the target it switches to its own radar and homes in on the target.

In close ranges it uses only its own radar and the launcher aircraft can fire and then fly away.

So both missiles have equal guidance systems. Also both missiles have about 50km range. In theory they can achieve over 100km's but that is only in optimal conditions firing the missile in high speed and to a target lower that the launcher aircraft.

but you know... sometimes speed gives his top... ;)

if the phoenix missiles would taken down from service, yes, AMRAAM would be "long range" missile ;))

but you know, russians have the same missile like phoenix, but not only it, there at least one futher LONG RANGE missile(R-27 modification) and i mean it...

As you guys seem to know much, how would the newly developed METEOR compare to these missiles? It's a BVR missie too and has got similar values, but I'm no expert at this missile details hubba bubba. smile_o.gif

It seems you know somethig, i didn't heard anything about it! YET tounge_o.gif

So now, i'm reading about it

hm... there are now data :/ at least in this site

but what do i expect, missile for the eurofighter, in 2002 contract was signed, so will be ready for service 2005-2008

but i will search more...

now I know it has at least 100km fireing range, and speed is about 4 mach.

meteor-cutout.jpg

well, some sources claim it's less superiority...

Meteor

more of Meteor

also i find out, that there are two types of this rocket and it can be carried by the Eurofighter and Rafale. Swedish air forces also mounts or are mounting this newly AA beast on theyr Jas-39 ;)

Gedis,

Careful about what you read/believe from the internet - it's not always verifiable. You also have to question the motives of the people who post the info in the first place. The USAF has made a big play of the shock it received during Ex Cope India in 2004, with F15s up against Su30/Mirage 2000 and the like. Funny old thing - the USAF was at that very moment struggling to get budget approval for continued development of the F22 and its possible developments wink_o.gif .

Your second picture isn't Meteor, it's the ASRAAM (possibly one of the most-delayed military equipment programmes ever.. sad_o.gif ). Sea Harriers certainly won't be carrying any Meteor - they're being withdrawn from RN service early (some time in the next 2 years, the first Sqn's already been disbanded) to be supplanted by the GR9.

I said that it might be carrying by the harriers and etc. ;)

I will update my info, as I allways do tounge_o.gif

Besides I just don't post info, before looking to other sources, there should allways be a proved information...

besides, if you want completely full info, you could write a letter to a concorcium that manufactures these missiles ;)

and i think they wouldn't reaveal that information for some civilian, well... if you have friends in that concorcium or in defence ministery it' good to you

holly crap!!! i checked the picture, ups, i gave wrong data and picture, i will correct it! thnx for noticing

how to cross out the wrong text?!

hello

Links for version 3.02?Please. Because links is dead.

Thank you in advance

https://mega.nz/file/QG5HxCwL#8v6XQmSrVTWK6lslIlOddKpa00QrogDXfhc036Ofakk

I was able to grab the latest version of sea demon mig 29 (3.02). Would be nice to add it in ofpr.info

Ps: I thank the vk ofp arma community for bringing the addon back online.