Sign in to follow this  
dmakatra

Frontline Commander

bord2small.jpg

Frontline Commander is a 'Nam campaign built upon two scripting systems, the FCCS and the FCSS.

FCCS

The Frontline Commander Command System is the backbone of Frontline Commander. It allows you to control up to 72 men, 6 squads. These 6 squads are put together by yourself, via the FCCSPB or Frontline Commander Command System Platoon Builder, allowing you to tackle the mission from many fronts.

The three most important ingredients in a squad in FCCS is the sergeant, the communication and the morale. Sergeants are the squad leaders and heavily effect the morale and the functionality of the squad. The communication is based upon a network of radiomen. If a squad loses their radioman/radiomen, they lose contact with the rest of the platoon until they find a new radio. Even with a new radio, the soldier using it is not trained for this sort of thing and will most probably end up getting the wrong order. If you lose your communication, well that's even worse...

The last thing, morale, is the head ingredient in Frontline Commander. It is heavily effected by the FCSS and expect extreme consequences if you get it too low...

FCSS

The Frontline Commander Social System is what make FC that little extra compared to other platoon command system. Between each FCCS mission, you are given a FCSS mission. Here you take care of your platoon, get your replacements, intel, etc. You can completely ignore the FCSS but don't expect to get very far on a deserting platoon...

In total there are 11 FCCS missions, 10 FCSS missions and 1 special missions planned. An early FCCS beta will be released in March so keep your eyes up. smile_o.gif

Sounds good, but watch your image sizes please smile_o.gif

Wow, this sounds quite interesting. I will be keeping a keen eye on this space blues.gif

This sounds really nice smile_o.gif Can't wait to have a play.

Do you have any ingame pictures yet? biggrin_o.gif

sim

This sounds really nice  smile_o.gif  Can't wait to have a play.

Do you have any ingame pictures yet?  biggrin_o.gif

sim

I'm afraid I don't have anything real to show. I'm currentley working on the mission Training, which is basically just the FCCS with some sidechats, hints and other stuff that'll get you familiar with the system. So no action shots yet. smile_o.gif

I'm using the following addons:

SEB Nam Pack 2 (along with CoC Mines)

Mapfact Baracken Addon

General Barron's Editor Upgrade

I try to limit myself on the addons and all these three are absolutley necessary for what I've planned and is working on. I was thinking of including the USMC Markers but I think I found a nice workaround.

I will definitely try this one as soon as it is out!

I'm very interested in gameplay improvement in OFP, so this sounds like adding a new component to it.

Hope You will release a beta in March (2005).

What island are you using?

Ia Drang was good for its time but now it's kinda outdated and no offence to the SEB team looks a bit ugly.

Maybe try out one of the newest Nam islands made, especially even though it's a beta, the new island just released called Dak Seang, that is very nice. smile_o.gif

sim

I'm using Ia Drang, because I think people know it, but not too well to get bored and unsurprised. Also, I've already planned all the missions on it and I think it still looks very good. smile_o.gif

Besides, I'm not a 20-addons/mission fan, and Ia Drang comes with SEB Nam Pack 2. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Besides, I'm not a 20-addons/mission fan, and Ia Drang comes with SEB Nam Pack 2. smile_o.gif

lol me either just suggesting tounge_o.gif

Can't wait for this? Is this a solo project?

Quote[/b] ]Besides, I'm not a 20-addons/mission fan, and Ia Drang comes with SEB Nam Pack 2.  smile_o.gif

lol me either just suggesting  tounge_o.gif

Can't wait for this? Is this a solo project?

Yes, only me involved. smile_o.gif

However, I use General Barron's knownunits.sqf function. tounge_o.gif

I took a screen from the FCCSPB here to show you guys how it works. It is basically done, however two things will change. One is the tutorial text which will in missions instead show a logo of the mission and two save-load platoon structure buttons. The second thing that'll change is the field to the right. This is the description field. Once you get to know your soldiers this will start to get more detailed. Since I have only planned and experimented with the FCSS I won't finish this until I have a steady version of the FCSS.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload8/screen1.gif

I'm using Ia Drang, because I think people know it, but not too well to get bored and unsurprised. Also, I've already planned all the missions on it and I think it still looks very good. smile_o.gif

Besides, I'm not a 20-addons/mission fan, and Ia Drang comes with SEB Nam Pack 2. smile_o.gif

Thank god...if you were gonna use any other name island (except for the Ilo Ilo islands) then I would stopped following this thread tounge_o.gif No offence to the creators of the new nam islands, but they tend to use addons from so many different mods and stuff so you need up to 1Gb of addons just to run it crazy_o.gif So I think it's a good idea to stick with Ia Drang, cause there you got all addons needed for it in 1 zip biggrin_o.gif Besides, the island is good if the mission is good, cause then you will probally care more about staying alive and kill some VC than look on the island tounge_o.gif

Anyway...looking forward to this one wink_o.gif

Any updates Armsty... i mean errm dmakatra tounge_o.gif

I've been busy with RL stuff. Don't worry, I'll get it done... Sooner or later. smile_o.gif

Glad to hear that smile_o.gif Looking forward

Frontline Commander has currentley been put on hold. This is due to another project, The RCP (Realistic Casulty Project, as I have so clever named it. I was thinking of Enhanced Casulty Project... ECP tounge_o.gif ), that I felt was more important and that I really, really, really felt like doing. I hope to finnish Frontline Commander before OFP 2 though. tounge_o.gif