Sign in to follow this  
tophe

BIS @ E3: Confirmed!

so were is the new stuff from E3?

haven't even heard anything about OFP2 or armed assualt

Excuse me? you haven't bothered checking any threads here then? rock.gif

this is from Gamespot,link
Quote[/b] ]That's an unusual means of contacting our staff, but whatever works. If you could email me at greg@gamespot.com and let me know who you attempted to contact, I'd appreciate it; we don't ignore such invitations from the game industry. We'll see you and Bohemia later today. Thanks for the information.

WTF crazy_o.gif

How many times have I (and Placebo) tried to mail them, PM them and open a thread to them?! mad_o.gif

Nobody listens to the little guy sad_o.gif

Anyway, nice job Placebo hope you get some credit now smile_o.gif

Hahahahah, that is pretty funny actually tounge_o.gif.  Hope everything at E3 is going well for BIS.

EDIT: On Gamespot's page for Armed Assault the release date says Q4 2005 (Europe).  Link here.  Any idea what is means by Europe?  I can't imagine BIS not releasing AA to North America, Australia, etc...wouldn't make any sense wink_o.gif.

next time you should try the old style way biggrin_o.gif

Excuse me? you haven't bothered checking any threads here then?  rock.gif

Hahahahaha...Fall0ut mate, you can find info from E3 in nearly every topic on this board ATM tounge_o.gif.  I suggest checking out Gamespot's OFP2 Pictures Thread, Ralph's E3 Report, the entire Armed Assault Board, and the press releases on Bohemia Interactive's Website.  Hope this helps wink_o.gif.

EDIT: @4 IN 1

What do you mean rock.gif

I just sat there and hit F5, I think a 100 times and now it's there smile_o.gif

I think there is a new screenshots, isn't it? biggrin_o.gif

The best is The complete simulation package will come with a comprehensive set of tools for the creation of custom content

biggrin_o.gif:D:D

Quote[/b] ]The ultimate combination of action, role playing and strategy elements

What would they mean with "role playing elements"?

i guess the whole interaction thing is meant by that: you can talk to anyone you meet (well, probably not opfor, they will shoot you before you can talk to them...) and they tell you things they saw, where the enemy is for example. all that what I've heard sounds like the game I've been dreaming of! booyah!

a cool feature would also be civilians running away if you surprise them with your questioning.

imagine walking through the forrest and suddenly 12 well armed guys pop out of the bushes to ask you for the way to the beach or something...i´d rather run than answer tounge_o.gif

a cool feature would also be civilians running away if you surprise them with your questioning.

imagine walking through the forrest and suddenly 12 well armed guys pop out of the bushes to ask you for the way to the beach or something...i´d rather run than answer  tounge_o.gif

lol tounge_o.gif

"Do you have lotion?"

This is a cool new feature as you. But still, I am wondering if either East or West (even resistance) can be enemy with civilians.

cool feature would be to pick up local hookers and do away with them

Just Joking smile_o.gif

thought it does sound good the whole open ended war. But If we dont like it. We mod it to what we want wink_o.gif

I am a bit dissapointed with that press release. Don't get me wrong I reckon OFP2 is the actual second coming of our Lord Jesus Chirst, but I didn't learn anything new from it. sad_o.gif

Another thing. When has Europe and Asia ever had a desert like those pics rock.gif

Another thing. When has Europe and Asia ever had a desert like those pics rock.gif

I am sure Africa was mentioned as onw of the theatres, while Sout East Asia was dropped.

http://pc.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=8261

The game with no name

Quote[/b] ]The last game pulled from the hat by the Bohemia-Boys had not been given a name yet. This is another tactical shooter, like all other things from the company, and despite it still being in the early stages of development things are looking very promising.

Again focus is on the details. Among other things Bohemia has scanned leaves with a special 3D-scanner to be able to create perfect foliage - once the game is released we will see forests of beautiful tress. The areas you can navigate are huge, several hundred square miles, and the weapons will be modelled from several parts which are fully interchangeable if you are into mods. Gun parts will be in motion when shooting as well. Individual characters will be quite advanced wit,h for instance, variable hand positions on weapons. This allows for animated loading, cleaning and generally far more dynamic characters than Operation Flashpoint.

his time around you are a Special-Ops soldier from the US army. The game has some RPG-elements - not character development but more in the way you navigate throughout the game. You have a reputation-stat meaning that your actions will have consequences as the game progresses. There is no missionstructure in the game but the action is divided into chapters giving you assignments like: "Free this country" and then leaving you to solve the task pretty much as you like.

The world is very large and very alive. A chopper passing overhead will have a destination and will have flown from point A over point B to point C to fulfill its mission. From there it will continue on whatever assignment the AI decides upon. Everything has a purpose and a function. Should you encounter a soldier you will be able to ask him whether he has seen the opposition and if he has he will be able to tell you. There is innumerable dialogue options and the great liberties of the game makes for quite an interesting project.

Once more the game includes a plethora of vehicles such as helicopters, jeeps and tanks. We only had a closer look at the tank, but this certainly was an impressive piece of machinery. It holds a crew of three - a driver, a gunner and a commander. The latter has acces to a smaller turret which rotates faster than the gunturret. This makes for a better view of things as well as easier targeting and command-issuing.

Another satisfying detail of this metal monstrosity is the ability to level buildings. We all know the situation with the lousy camper in the house. Normally you would have to shoot through the window to get him, but not in this game. Simply aim at the corner of the building and watch it collapse as the massive shell disintegrates the wall.

nd this is all well and good, but what about Operation Flashpoint 2? We asked and got no real reply. In fact there is no OF2. The name Operation Flashpoint is owned by Codemasters which means that Bohemia cannot use it for its games. Thus the name Armed Assault for a game which in itself simply is a souped up version of Operation Flashpoint.

But what is true for Armed Assault is also true for Operation Flaspoint 2... Which may mean that the game will never be released. Bohemia has no deal with Codemasters for a sequel and in fact the have no publisher for the game i have just described to you. You see, the latter part of this article has been about Operation Flashpoint 2 eventhough it does not appear to be released as such. But fear not. Bohemia's seven year old vision will survive... provided it find a publisher for its game.

biggrin_o.gif

Now it means OFP2 is much bigger then measly little islands this time we'll take on full countrys and act in a full war with things happening around us which we can/cant control we will have to adapt unlike the linear campaigns right now this will seriously OWN :!:

"The year is 2010 and the world has changed. Heightened tensions around the globe have created a need for military operations to ensure ongoing stability. As part of an international coalition contingent, your team is deployed to locations in Europe and Asia."

Oh no! Another "near future" story with ultra-über American laser/IR/ELOP weapons against some dirty OPFOR guys! No huge tank-battles, no tough air-campaigns "sob" "sob" (cries). So we're gonna have to make some real weapon system addons from the '60s and '70s and '80s... But it's always the hope...

smile_o.gif

I bet whoever those europeans are they will give us hell before going down biggrin_o.gif .

It aint easy fighting against rebels these days either , but yeah i miss those all out soviet vs Nato 85 era battles of OFP. But going ahead is the only way to go for BIS they just couldnt repeat the same storyline again. I think we can create our own storylines later via mods smile_o.gif .

And yeah, this "Free this country" thing reminds me the "Dynamic Afghanistan" mission which is a very innovative and forward-pointing (??? how do you say that in English) idea. And yeah, modding is as much fun as playing so I hardly can wait... BIS rulez like hell!

Any one else notice the land rover in that picture? Does this mean the British Army will be in AA (or flashpoint2)?

could be a civie car wink_o.gif or mercenary car. or british. I could be anthing, We dont know much yet