Sign in to follow this  
tophe

BIS @ E3: Confirmed!

What i look forward to see and hear the most is information about the playable demo they are supposed to show there, i cant wait to see ingame footage and to read about how it is at the current status of development, damage model and colision detection, can you imagine OPF with these improved? No more lack of cover and proper interaction with "solid" buildings, buildings and vehicals that no longer turn into cardboard looking stuff, wow im going nuts about it crazy_o.gif .

Well, if anyone besides me watched the videos that were on vbsresources.com (the links don't work now), then you'll know that VBS1 has/will have dynamically destructable buildings... Unfortunately it doesn't show a bombing or artillery strike on the buildings, only some satchels and an Abrams driving through/shooting at the buildings, but it still looked good. And at the end of the convoy module video is a simple sort of buggy with a M2 on the top and a M249 in the shotgun seat, both firing seperately. And since OFP2 is based off VBS1...

OFP2 Screenshots at E3

In development at Bohemia Interactive Studio, Operation Flashpoint 2 will be published by Codemasters in Spring 2006 for PC.

Jeez mate... when you posted that I thought we had some new screens... sad_o.gif

Are BIS showing their wares to the public on the first day ? Or is it staged... Xbox then PC ?

In development at Bohemia Interactive Studio, Operation Flashpoint 2 will be published by Codemasters in Spring 2006 for PC.

hmm...intressting...really? rock.gif

What is your source?

@ May 18 2005,08:51)]

What is your source?

One.

Two.

smile_o.gif

What is your source?

One.

Two.

smile_o.gif

Publisher changes are not uncommon for BIS.......

Can anyone recall pre-OFP demo days? wink_o.gif

yes thats what i want to say. wink_o.gif

E3 starts today? Has anyone broken into the Cantina hall yet and snooped out the stand??

COME ON!!! Will somebody please think of the children!

What is your source?

One.

Two.

smile_o.gif

Yes but the fact the CM is still promoting it on their site shows otherwise. Both CM's and BIS' legal departments would make sure the CM remove such pages from their site in a flash if the marketing agreement has been terminated.

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone recall pre-OFP demo days? wink_o.gif

How can you compare BIS as a startup, eating up money and no prior product, to a now established and highly successful developer, that's proved itself in the market?

What is your source?

One.

Two.

smile_o.gif

Yes but the fact the CM is still promoting it on their site shows otherwise. Both CM's and BIS' legal departments would make sure the CM remove such pages from their site in a flash if the marketing agreement has been terminated.

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone recall pre-OFP demo days? wink_o.gif

How can you compare BIS as a startup, eating up money and no prior product, to a now established and highly successful developer, that's proved itself in the market?

Don't mind me, I'm just stirring the pot, in the same way that the removal of the codemasters logo from the flashpoint2.com website has done so.

I remember reading discussions, quite literally years ago, for which the same thing happened to the previous publisher on the old official OFP website.......The planned publisher, (whose name I can't recall off the top of my head) had its logo removed, and the OFP site was revamped once a new one had been found.

One can still compare BIS of today to the BIS of yesteryear, because the people at the helm are still one and the same. If for whatever reason, they find Codemasters to be an innappropriate publisher......(IE, too restrictive, or intrusive, or unwilling for whatever reason). They may choose, for whatever reason, not to publish their product through Codemasters, and go find someone else who is either, willing to meet BIS's demands, less intrusive e.t.c.

I've seen other games have the carpet pulled from under their feet due to publisher problems, and the strong products, managed to find (or pull) another publisher in reasonable time.

Remembering, Codemasters is a large corporation, it may take time for the publishing giant to turn full circle, and update it's site, or, there could still be negotiations going on in the background for publishing rights..... The removal of the codemasters logo may merely be a bluff, for all we know.......or a signal, designed to gain attention.......who knows! I'm just calling it as I see it! wink_o.gif

If I was at E3 now I would have rushed to the BIS area.

Let's hope for the best all! wink_o.gif

If I was at E3 now I would have rushed to the BIS area.

Let's hope for the best all! wink_o.gif

i would as well.. who wouldnt..

got to love your sig now lol.. 00,00,00,00

Pheew.. good that the Xbox version is called AA and not OFP2 biggrin_o.gif

The xbox version doesn't have a name, just look at this:

Quote[/b] ]Press release – First console game from BIS - 18.5.2005

On this first day of the E3 show, we are pleased to announce details of the military combat game for a current generation console.

No mentioning of Operation Flashpoint

Quote[/b] ]Genre: First person military combat

Release date: Q3 2005

Publisher: To be determined

This confirms the rumours between BIS and Codemasters as far as I'm concerned

I TOLD you all , all those crappy replies from Codemasters were a sign of a fallout between them. Otherwise why would they reply in a 'pissed of way' and not give a straight answer.

As long as they don't choose Ubisoft or Electronic Arts (Arse? tounge_o.gif ) to publish my ''baby'', than I am all for it sad_o.gif

What have these sites got against BIS or OFP2 is what bothers me now mad_o.gif

They dont have BIS listed or OFP2 in their games section , wtf? All other crappy retarded two bit console portovers are there with their stupid names of pikachuoihnsfsnldjrhw whatever and OFP isnt crazy_o.gifmad_o.gif .

Site in question E3 insider

Pheew.. good that the Xbox version is called AA and not OFP2 biggrin_o.gif

Or AA is an OFP expansion, which would also explain why BIS didn't want to do any patches including some small requests done by the community. They'd lower the customers for a possible expansion which includes stuff like some new scripting commands, fixed free-view from the cockpit etc.

But this is only a supposition

Hi all

Another article on OFP 2

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news....id=1589

and CVG have witten a second article

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r....tp

Kind Regards Walker

That first article is just crap.. It contains info released in 2003 when OFP was supposed to take place around 1970 but looking at the screenshots makes it obvious that it's a modern game

It says directly on the website, XBox live.

Those screenshots look exactly like the units shown in the Armed Assault units.

AA is OFP Xbox version smile_o.gif Without question