Sign in to follow this  
supergruntsb78

Operation sender green

BACKTOHELL1.jpg

the year is 2005 we all know that there are still U.S. soldiers missing in vietnam what if the C.I.A has intelligence on there where abouts whould we go and get them? well this is your chance in operation sender green you ,as a seal, are going back to vietnam to get our boys back (ok im dutch so its not realy my boys:P but you get the picture)

this campaing will contain

lots of sneaky action

its set in different regions

some larger battles between nva and us sf

resque pow's

and more ............more.............and even more...........

ill post pick up as i see fit :P no pushing this campaing if you do ill put your name on one of the pow's the player will have to resque :P

Think that if any us soldiers are still there captured ,they're dead.

But cool idea!I'll play it when released! biggrin_o.gif

Ah here we go, your thread. smile_o.gif

Bravo, good idea around the campaign. In real life i'd say it's nearly impossible to have them still in Vietnam, but if they are actually still in there i am sure the US would send a well trained force to get them out of that country. They would probably just do it to show to the rest of the world that they are still out there, and that they haven't been forgotten.

A good idea m8, now you just have to think it out well. And off course keep the crowd happy, just look in my thread. People can be anoying with their pic cravings tounge_o.gif .

I'm seeeing good potential for this campaign idea.

Good luck m8!!!

p.s. few dutch words: Veel geluk met je campaign!!! Yep ik ben ook Nederlands. biggrin_o.gif

p.p.s. To the english speaking world, the above means in dutch: Good luck with your campaign!!! Yes, i am dutch to. "put in smile here"

p.s. few dutch words: Veel geluk met je campaign!!! Yep ik ben ook Nederlands.  biggrin_o.gif

he he mooi makkelijk dat taaltje van ons je komt ons ook overal tegen

(translated : its a easy language that of ours you find us (the dutch) everywhere:P)

tnx guys ill put in the best effort i can get up with

there will be some things i'll need for starters i need old mens faces (70-90 years in age :P ) if anybody could do them or knows somebody who could do them i would thank dearly for it

(i was always learned to plan a operation backwards start with the final approach then work your way back till what you need for it biggrin_o.gif and thats the way im going to do this biggrin_o.gif)

Cool concept, though I highly doubt there are still alive soldiers in vietnam...my only concern is it going to be like Delta force versus 1968 nva? That would be weird...you should use some of the great opfor packs to make some cool, modern guerillas.

yea i was thinking that to, the NVA today is a lot different when it was in 1968, the airforce evan has a small number of SU-27s crazy_o.gif , i would suggest you do some background research on the NVA's equipment in use today smile_o.gif , great concept, reminds me of the MIA films smile_o.gif

the nva regulars will be equiped better then back in 68 the local militia (vc) will still be poorly armed its not going to be DELTA vs NVA --->> U.S.NAVY SEALS vs NVA is more likely (too much water for the delta boys :P )

(you guys are right on the newer equipment but most of it was donated by russia/china to the NVA, vietnam it self is still a pretty poor country with not much money to spend on weapons etc. althoug they are going foreward and therefor they will not have much weapons that can match todays standards)

I think this campaign would be really cool for one reason and thats to remeber those guys who didnt come back from "The Nam" My suggestion is to make it more beileveable put the timeline in the early 1980s or mid-1980s

This might be realistic if you take it back to the 80ties or late 70ties(can't remember) cause back then Delta force(this is told by a man who claimes he served with Delta Force from the begining and 8 years forward) was planing to make shouch operations but the two times they wanted to go some atventura turned up on tv and said he was going to do it= soldiers where moved form the camps the two times and where problery killed at last.

besides shouch an operation is not for seals its for special forces, seals are good but they are more a raiding force which operates near water.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]This might be realistic if you take it back to the 80ties or late 70ties
Why dont you try reading some of the posts before u post mad_o.gif

This might be realistic if you take it back to the 80ties or late 70ties(can't remember) cause back then Delta force(this is told by a man who claimes he served with Delta Force from the begining and 8 years forward) was planing to make shouch operations but the two times they wanted to go some atventura turned up on tv and said he was going to do it= soldiers where moved form the camps the two times and where problery killed at last.

besides shouch an operation is not for seals its for special forces, seals are good but they are more a raiding force which operates near water.

STGN

well someone has sucked the fun right out of this concept crazy_o.gif

STGN

well someone has sucked the fun right out of this concept  crazy_o.gif

he he the fun is not sucked out yet i have been thinking about the timeline and maybe i will set it back a little

but im only considering it at this time

as for the seals ,vietnam has lots of jungle with rivers but also lots of AAA and therefor the best way in is through the water thats why i selected the seals they will be supported by some other units (with these type of missions the brass select men from all special ops units so they have a force who can operate in all matters and with all type of missions)

as far as the campaign is going the ideas for the missions are already on paper now its getting time to get to work on it

i will keep you informed

supergrunt out..............

This would be a SEAL type operation. Special Forces are used more as military advisors and for training indigenous forces. Special Forces wear Green Berets (hence the nick name).

Also the US navy SEALs while often being deployed from the sea aren't required to be near water to fight. Conceivably you could drop them in the middle of the Sahara and they would fight just as well. They aren't amphibians, they wont spontaneously die or lose combat effectiveness if there's no body of water in sight.

It could be a SEAL op, it could be a Army SF op,it could be an army Rangers op,it could be a Marine Force Recon op. I say make it a Marine Force Recon op since there are so many missions with SEALs,Army SF,and Army Rangers being the main force conducting the op.

about the time line it will probably set back to around the 80's as miss_cleo as making some pretty good looking seals from around that time frame so this means ill have to redo my background searches again tounge_o.gif and wait for the seals to be ready (ill make the missions and when they are released ill switch the current soldiers to those seals)

a also decided to make the cia involved a little bit more so the troops used are not only seals (to make some people who hate seals and are wearing fur coats tounge_o.gif happy)

I don't mean to dig up an old thread but, I have made pow camps that I would like to give the public; I hope they can help you guys.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=45498

Edit:

Have you guys seen the movie Rambo II (First Blood Part 2)?

The movie is similar to your campaign (expect the year is 1985 and an ex-green beret is sent in to take photos of pow camps in nam, then he is left behind and rescues the pows by himself.)

Quite a refreshing idea for a nam campaign - I'll certainly give it a willful try when it's released. I think your on the right side of the tracks with the conception of utilizing the brand new SEALs addon; I've seen the pictures and they look great. By the way, I hope they are going to be released not only in the desert camo - that would be an obstruction to the campaign, wouldn't it? ... Make a thorough investigation on the major issues at least: weaponry,tactics, research political & historical background a little,I guess you know what I mean - there are few as offputting things in missions that are supposed to be "realistic" as mistakes in the basics. Once I dared tp play a mission in which NVA was claimed to make benefit of the drug traffic as their main source of income ... Geeez! ... Good luck with the campaign.

well to be honest when i searched for information  i also read that the NVA was using small time drug operations to get more funding  althoug it wasnt cocaine or xtc  (opium) so it could well be that they did it more then we would know  but dont worry thats not going in to the campaign  i also hope the 80 seals get released in more then desert colors but as i read the topic cleo said it will be in 3 colors at least   woodland/black/desert

I don't mean to dig up an old thread but, I have made pow camps that I would like to give the public; I hope they can help you guys.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=45498

Edit:

Have you guys seen the movie Rambo II (First Blood Part 2)?

The movie is similar to your campaign (expect the year is 1985 and an ex-green beret is sent in to take photos of pow camps in nam, then he is left behind and rescues the pows by himself.)

yeah i know the movie but dont wurry in this campaing you will not be left behind to do it yourself tounge_o.gif

as for the pow camps i downloaded them and ill take a look this week if i can use them biggrin_o.gif

Also it has never been offically confirmed (to my knowledge), that the russians directly supplied the NVA...

russia was communist

andn even now when they are democratic we don'y hear much of their activities e.g. checniya

unlike u.s. where theres a freedom act rights person every 1 in 5 person and politicians ready to fry rouge agents/politicians/foriegn policy

Any progress in work on that one?How updating us, Nam vets, a little more often? ...

Bill Lee, sgt 1st class,5th Special Forces(Airborne)

I like the idea!

Good Luck!

Please try to use if possible, good updated addons!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif