Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

I search for the  Ruger AC556K Assault rifle

Does it gives already that weapon? or can someone do it?

would be really cool

gun4.jpg

ac556k_3.jpg

The closest thing to this weapon is the released Mini14 addon;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4341

There's also a great M14 SOPMOD in the INQ weapon pack (comes with the rangers and Delta's). And one in the M14 pack by Danak47. M14 SOPMOD looks a bit like it;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7387

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7236

Those are the only weapons that come close to it. The weapon you mention has not been made. Looks quite nice.

no, the M14 should really come under the Self Loading Rifle desgination rather than assult rifle or sniper rifle smile_o.gif

the M14 was a semi automatic rifle i think looks like the old M1Carbine smile_o.gif  i like those weapons  smile_o.gif

before it gaves these Assault rifles like M16 and so on , the soldiers fight with huntingrifles wink_o.gif

Note that the M14 SOPMOD's come in two versions; one as a sniperrifle and the other as a heavy assault rifle (or SLR) with a red-dot scope.

battle rifle? never heard i only know "assault rifle"

but as far as i know the m14 shouldn't be really good rock.gif

but as far as i know the m14 shouldn't be really good  rock.gif

That's probably why they still use it and keep improving it and that it's still popular among SOF's.

The M14 is a damn good rifle. It's accurate, reliable and tough.

Yeah the M14 is basically a descendant of the M1 Garand rifle used in WWII. It is very solid semi-automatic rifle firing 7.62x51mm (.308) ammunition. The M21 (what BIS made as the West sniper rifle) is the sniper variant of the M14. Basically it is an M14 that is modified in various areas for increased accuracy. However even the standard M14 has very respectable accuracy and the lethality of .308 ammunition is very good. During the Vietnam War, the M14 was replaced by the M16/A1 mainly due to the nature of that war and in fact most wars where in fact most engagements took place in ranges under 300 meters. The other fact was that most rifleman could not hit accurately targets beyond 300 meters in combat. The M16 offered accuracy, MUCH lighter ammunition, and MUCH lighter recoil when firing the weapon. Plus the weight of the rifle itself was much less then the M14. After initial problems with the M16, eventually the M16A1's problems were mostly sorted out and it became standard issue...later replaced in the 80's and 90's by the M16A2...which now (in the US Army at least) has mostly been replaced by the M4A1 carbine.

However... now there is a new trend. The lack of longer range, accurate firepower has been noticed in combat units.

Drawing from lessons from the Israeli Defense Force, the US Marines first started incorporating designated marksman in their units. Now only recently in Iraq has this trend made its way into the US Army.

What is interesting is that the sniper variant of the M14 (the M21 rifle) has had a comeback in the last few years in the US Army. Apparently, these rifles have been pulled out of mothballs and are being used by many US Army infantry units as a designated marksman rifle in situations where your team's sniper may not be in the right area and you really need to put down some accurate medium range fire for such things as shooting suspected IED's and to provide medium range fire support. An example is when a convoy is attacked an average rifleman may not be able to enage the enemy way up in front of the convoy (or at the rear). The unit snipers may be able to but they are probably only a couple of guys unless extra snipers are attached for an operation. Worse yet, the snipers perhaps are being engaged at close range and are not able to exploit the long range power of their sniper rifles (which are not the best weapons for close range combat).

By having designated marksman in each each squad, other squads can bring them up into an area that has a clear view of fire and have them provide accurate fire support to the squads being attacked. Furthermore the semi-automatic nature of most designated marksman weapon systems makes them useful in close range combat as well.

Because of this need, the M14/M21 is still alive and well.

In the IDF it was recently replaced (or still in the process of being replaced) by the Stoner SR-25 designated marksman rifle...which basically looks like an oversized M16A2 but firing .308 ammo and totally customized and designed for high accuracy.

Anyways back to this Ruger rifle... I'm not familiar with it, but it looks like a nice rifle. However I don't think any military forces use it.

However one Ruger rifle that is widely used by both military and police forces around the world is the Ruger 10/22 rifle.

My mod (The Lost Brothers) will have a Ruger 10/22 (silenced) in our update pack #3. It is a .22LR rifle used mainly for close range sniping work. Despite the tiny size of its ammunition, it has proven to be a very lethal weapon.

Ruger also makes a select fire variant of the 10/22 which fires on full-auto as well and is very controllable on full auto making it useful for close quarters combat as well if the opponent is not wearing body armor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi,

The chromiumplated version of the AC556 would go nice with a black van and an improvised flamethrower made from ducttape and a lawnmower, but it would require to have an IHD (improbably high dispersal) magazine defined in the config cpp.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire ...

Regards,

Sander

well i have make the weapon now (my first addon!!!) , but i have some problems to make an optic for it and it didn't shoot to the front rock.gifrock.gif

well i have make the weapon now (my first addon!!!) , but i have some problems to make an optic for it and it didn't shoot to the front  rock.gif  rock.gif

Sounds good. Glad to see someone taking the intiative to make the addon they want, instead of just asking others.

Yes the weapon looks good , i have modified the Mini14 from "Acecube" but it hase some bugs because i don't have much skills in o2 , note it is my first gun addon wink_o.gif

it only need a scope i though on an reflex optic , but i don't find something like this. Then i have to fix the bug that the gun shoots to the front crazy_o.gif maybe someone knows what i did wrong wow_o.gif

Rifle1.JPG

The people making a Northern Ireland mod would probably be interested in any .223 Ruger models - the RUC used it as their main personal weapon in the late 70s/ early 80s, before the HK 5.56mm weapons became available.

Well i think your one will be much better then my , because i have no skills in making 3d models , i like it more to texture tounge_o.gif

but as far as i know the m14 shouldn't be really good  rock.gif

You need to play Halo 2 tounge_o.gif

did anyone know , where i become an reflex optic? rock.gif

Perhaps take one from like INQ's M4 do it yourself pack and just place it on your weapon?  That would serve it's purpose I believe smile_o.gif.

It may be hard to find INQ's M4 do it yourself pack though...if someone can find a working link for Rat, that would be great (link on INQ's site is dead).  It's good to see a new guy taking a stab at addon making smile_o.gif, good job!

Well now i have the reflex optic on it too , but i need the 3d file for the optic , but how to make this? can anyone help? crazy_o.gifrock.gif

Ruger.JPG