Sign in to follow this  
twobells

OF Not Booting At All

Hey all

AMD Fx-53

ASUS AV8 Mobo

Geforce 6800 Ultra (66.93 WHQL -signed drivers)

2gb DDR RAM

Onboard sound

I returned to OF after a long absence to find that the game on booting displays the oblong OF logo then drops back to the desktop.

No error messages, nothing, task manager shows no OF exe's running, just seems to disappear on me......

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

TwoBells

have you tried to add -nomap -nosplash to your OFP shortcut ?

And signed drivers do not mean OFP friendly drivers , as often some nvidia drivers can be a real problem

And try to run flashpointpreferences again and see if that helps.

have you tried to add    -nomap -nosplash    to your OFP shortcut ?

And signed drivers do not mean OFP friendly drivers , as often some nvidia drivers can be a real problem

hmm

OperationFlashpoint.exe -nomap -nosplash

exactly like that?

twobells

update: no luck :-(

Stick them on the end of the target in properties from the shortcut. Make sure you have a space before the "-" or it won't work (at least not for me when I tried it to see what happende).

EDIT: EG

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=wgl -mod=llaumax -nosplash -nomap

Also make sure you have 1.96 installed, then try the full 1.96 BETA, it makes it so you don't need the CD to play. Also some mods NEED you to run the beta exe in order for it to work. (I think that's FDF yes? Can't remember, might have been ECP thinking about it).

I can say that its not a 6800 problem.I am using Geforce 6800 and OFP GOTY

Forceware 71.25 drivers here

Sorted!

Needed to patch it up to 1.30, can't seem to find the later patches apart from on fileplaent and since it joined with IGN my log-in won't let me downlaod anything..:-(

Thanks guys for your help, the game looks suprisingly good for its age!

TB

Talking about GC drivers...

I have GeForce Fx5600, 256MB. I was getting about 10< fps, with DxDll running. Switched from latest, or atleast pretty new, to drivers I downloaded 5 moths ago. Few fps more, can view cutscenes with DxDll.

Needed to patch it up to 1.30, can't seem to find the later patches apart from on fileplaent and since it joined with IGN my log-in won't let me downlaod anything..:-(

All the patches are on our download page and the links work cos I spent a lot of time fixing them wink_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/download.html