Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Aircraft Center of Gravity

Ok, here is my problem. The B-29 Superfortress that me and Footmunch have been working on has a slight but, i hope, minor problem. The dust, from when it taxi's, takes off, or lands or just moves around in general on the ground, is centered in the middle of the plane. Is there any way i can make it so that all this dust will be seperated into three equal areas; the 3 tires in which the plane surfs the ground with for example???

Brandon

pravy prach is dust for right wheel

levy prach is the left.

Put these two points in the memory lod, on or near the ground behind the wheels.

Thanks dude! just one more question though, when the b29 takes off from an airport, it takes a hard right for some reason no matter what i try to do with it (this is when the computer drives it) and it explodes because its right wing hits the ground...

do you guys know if this problem can be fixed?

Brandon

yes i do crazy_o.gif

Your going to have to play around a bit with these values smile_o.gif

aileronSensitivity = .4;

elevatorSensitivity = .6;

flapsFrictionCoef = 0.25;

noseDownCoef = 0.03

maxSpeed = 650;

landingSpeed=175;

> Increase your landingSpeed. Id say make this 200 or 230 for the first try and see how much it effects the plane (you may have to increase it more) When you find the right balance, scale it back towards 170, dont forget to check when the plane lands that it doesn't overshoot the tar.

> Increase your max speed to try to avoid stalling depending on your mass in geo lod.

> Check these aileronSensitivity and evatorSensitivity give them a higher number to start with.

> Lastly check the Cent of Gravity in the geo lod try position is over the rear wheels or further aft, Possibly throw in another land contact point below the tail.

good luck

and dont load the abomb before you get it off the ground ghostface.gif

Thanks Trench, this is helping alot. Trying to get this done so you can fly it in the next few days.

And finally, this is the final two questions, no more i swear to god! With flaps and gear, how do i change the sound they use in the config?

Also, how do i make one of the planes land again?

Brandon

I guess they use soundServo[] in the format {"sound file",Volume,Pitch}

example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soundServo[]={"\mypbo\sound.wss",db+1,1.00}

soundServo[]={"\mypbo\sound.wss",db+1,1.00} 

Can you please Explain if you may how this command exactly works..and were it goes and such

Damn sorry I forgot to close the code part.

This definition goes into the vehicle class of the plane in config.cpp. The first entry of the array is the path to the sound file, the second the relative volume in the format db+0 (original), db-X (louder i guess) or db+X (less loud) where X has to be a number. The third one is the pitch, 1.0 being normal, >1 higher and faster and <1 deeper and slower.

hey

Only problem is that i converted the wave file for the flaps to ogg. and now you can't here any flaps anymore. I know you have ot have the wave set at certian settings and stuff, so yeah, its making me mad..

Brandon