Sign in to follow this  
el Gringo Loco

Useful Discrimination

logically is the FBI speaking more with young men coming from the middle east about the attacks than with Hawaian aloha-girls

something to read if you're interested, I accumulated some news on this topic and made a nice story for you lot to read

Since the 11th September attacks a lot of americans have formed a different opinion about racial profiling (the controling of people because their skin color or belief). During the recent Bradley-lecture for the American Enterprise Institute Heather MacDonald (the author of the book "The burden of bad ideas, how modern intellectuals misshape our society") held a convincing lecture beneficial to the selectivity during the search of terrorists.

All the nineteen plane hijackers came from the Middle East with the mission to kill as much american "unbelieving dogs" as possible (they found a document in the luggage of Atta containing words of the same tenor). Naturally this doesn't incriminate all the 5 million people in the US arabic community as a possible accomplice. On the other side it would be foolish to extent the investigations all the way to the corn farmers in Iowa or the Hula girls in Hawai, the prevent the accusation of unfairness. It's not only foolish, but also totally impossible because the FBI doesn't have the means to do this, each investigation makes use of known facts to give a direction it should go. In this case, MacDonald recently wrote in The Weekly Standard, the FBI would be crazy if it should not use the nationalities and beliefs of the hijackers in their search for more accomplices within the students of the flying schools. For all means, the hijackers did couch their mission in religious terms.

Before the 11th September people like Jesse Jackson. Al Sharpton and progressive white professors were constant indignantly bellowing when it became clear that the police proportionally had arrested more afro-americans than whites. It confirmed what they knew all along: the police were a bunch of incorrigible racists.

A more reasonable comment was seldomly heard: That different population groups don't commit crimes in the same ratio. That would also be a miracle. In NYC the afro-americans (25% of the populations) commit 13 times as many violent crimes as whites. There must be a good explanation for that. But when the police stops more afro-americans than whites during the fight against robberies there is no connection with racial profiling

In 1996 Al Gore was a chairman of a commity who should make proposes to increase the safety in aviation. At first the commity considered that the nationality of a passenger should be a point in the assessment of the risk of that individual. When the Arabic Lobby and the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) found out about this the world was too small.

Gore, hyper-politically correct as no other, immediately withdrew proposal.

Minister of Justice John Ashcroft decided that the FBI should conduct interviews with 5000 young men who came to the US in the last two years from countries who supposedly support terrorism. "Pure McCarthyism" yelled Hussein Ibish, the head of the Islamic Mission of America, who had this silencer at the ready.

In reality it only relates to 0.1 percent of the arabic-american population. The interviews are not conducted at the office and are voluntary. No one has the right to never be questioned by the police, and in every big investigations this is the way it normally goes. The FBI is trying to prie through to the biotope of the perpetrators. Should the FBI forfit this method of investigation after the most bloodiest murder ever commited on american soil?

God forbid, but if in some ten years some group of bolivians stage a huge terroristic attack in the US, than the interest during the investigation will swing around to the latino population. That also won't be discrimination, but the banal realism.

In a recent Gallup-investigation six of ten americans said that people with a arabic appearance should be investigated more thoroughly before they board an airplane. "Pure discrimination" according to Peter Roff, a political analyst with the press agency UPI, "but it is also sensible".

It seems the increase the safety of everyone, while it not really hurts anyone, expect for the terrorist who is caught before he could fulfil his mission.

The afro-americans saw themselves as the most important victims of racial profiling before the 11th of September, now the the tables have turned. "Oh goodness, who is being selective now" wrote a black commentator of the Chicago Tribune, who admitted that the black community is feeling more than any other community for the profiling of muslims.

Disclaimer

If you have read the story well than you should realise that I'm not a racist, seperatist, nazi or whatever. I purely wrote this because it interesting to see how opinions can swing as a leave on a tree when something happens. Flaming me for racist thoughts or other comments in that way are purely based on the fact that you don't understand what I wrote here above. Thank You

trying to write a noval or something? too much info to take in geting a headache sad.gif

racial profiling HAS ITS PLACE these days.. PC or not, tough shit.. its useful in solving crimes. its not like they just lock up anyone who fits a certin 'racial' profile they simply pay a little more attantion to them, in light of the september 11 crap and all the other crap middle eastern terrorists have done anyone would have to be stupid NOT to pay special attention to middle eastern looking people in airports..

it may not be all wonderfull and PC and fair, but tough crap.. the world doesent work that way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 13 2002,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">racial profiling HAS ITS PLACE these days.. PC or not, tough shit.. its useful in solving crimes. its not like they just lock up anyone who fits a certin 'racial' profile they simply pay a little more attantion to them, in light of the september 11 crap and all the other crap middle eastern terrorists have done anyone would have to be stupid NOT to pay special attention to middle eastern looking people in airports..

it may not be all wonderfull and PC and fair, but tough crap.. the world doesent work that way.<span id='postcolor'>

racial profiling doesn't work

one of the suicide bombers who studied in Germany wouldn't have appeared in the racial profiling thing because he doesn't really fit the 'norms' of a terrorist

one of the suicide bombers who studied in Germany wouldn't have appeared in the racial profiling thing because he doesn't really fit the 'norms' of a terrorist

but many do, and yes it does work, if the PC police will shut up and let it be used properley..

most people who are against it know little if any about how it REALLY works.. its not like "wow that guys is black/mid eastern/german..etc lets pull him aside and interrogate him"

insted its a built up.. yupp PROFILE based on the type of people who have been commiting a certin type of criminal act in that particular area.. in the US's current case that would be airports.. and the profile would be a 20-45 year old man of middle eastern appearence.. now just because someone fits that are they gonna be rounded up and thrown into a room and asked "WHO SENT YOU!" no, insted their papers will be looked at a little bit harder than most other passengers and not much else.. if something is slightly amiss their bags might be searched, but most anyone who travels frequentley has had that happen i know I have TWICE.

same goes with if a crime has just been commited.. the same as above applies. its not being racist, its not predjudice.. ITS COMMIN SENSE.. if every terrorist who has attacked the US latley has fit that profile it stands to reason people that match it should be looked at aswell..

I know it would be nice to not bother anyone or looks trange at anyone till AFTER you know they blew up a plane but we just cant afford that kind of niceness anymore.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 14 2002,00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">one of the suicide bombers who studied in Germany wouldn't have appeared in the racial profiling thing because he doesn't really fit the 'norms' of a terrorist

but many do, and yes it does work, if the PC police will shut up and let it be used properley..

most people who are against it know little if any about how it REALLY works..  its not like  "wow that guys is black/mid eastern/german..etc lets pull him aside and interrogate him"

insted its a built up.. yupp PROFILE based on the type of people who have been commiting a certin type of criminal act in that particular area..  in the US's current case that would be airports.. and the profile would be  a 20-45 year old man of middle eastern appearence..  now just because someone fits that are they gonna be rounded up and thrown into a room and asked "WHO SENT YOU!"  no, insted their papers will be looked at a little bit harder than most other passengers and not much else.. if something is slightly amiss their bags might be searched, but most anyone who travels frequentley has had that happen  i know I have  TWICE.

same goes with if a crime has just been commited.. the same as above applies.  its not being racist, its not predjudice.. ITS COMMIN SENSE.. if every terrorist who has attacked the US latley has fit that profile it stands to reason people that match it should be looked at aswell..

I know it would be nice to not bother anyone or looks trange at anyone till AFTER you know they blew up a plane but we just cant afford that kind of niceness anymore.<span id='postcolor'>

In that case I must apologize as I am thinking of something else.

Not sure what the English term is, but the German name for it is "Rasterfahndung"

It is because of the school-system. In the States we see most history classes focusing on American history, however stories from abroad are only dealt with superficially.

america.gif

No, I am not bashing the Americans, I am only making a yoke, that is all. I know your education system is alright. Anyway statistics say that my rich Switzerland has about the same qualitiy of eductional as the Tscheck Republic. (still better than Germany)

Albert, you never cease making me laugh! biggrin.gif

I'm in agreement with Wobble and L24A. If 90% of the Terrorists who are attacking you happen to belong to one minority, its just common sense to look at them a bit closer.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Jan. 13 2002,23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">trying to write a noval or something? too much info to take in geting a headache sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I suppose this means that you read exactly 0.45 books per year. You must have an impressive librabry by now! tounge.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gif

HAHAHA!! that map is a riot!! "dragons"

I dont much care for the 'bombing small countries' part because thats a NATO thing, not a US only thing.. but the rest is hilarious..