Sign in to follow this  
kroky

What config Mod are you using mostly?

I wonder which of the above is used most in the community?

If there is another config Mod, that applies in general to the whole gameplay in OFP, than let me know please.

If you choose other, then please specify which one you are using.

To Munk and Medicus: I didn't include ECP original in the vote, since FlashFX and Y2K3 are replacing units too. ECP original doesn't replace any units. So anybody using original ECP please vote for EECP.

To raedor: FDF is a Total Conversion and not a config mod which is applied to the whole gameplay in OFP AFAIK.

Same as Smith. They don't cause lag for me, I just don't like them tounge_o.gif. I will definately try ECP 1.075 when it is released though wink_o.gif

I selected other because i play a lot of different mod using a config.

Can't decide between them all

yeah i choose other because i have tried and im swithcing back and fourth between a whole bucnh of configs.

I love mods and i hope there always will be mods unclesam.gif

I value the ability to choose so i have lots of configs and mods and stuff, currently im testing out WGL and have already made a decent coop for it, Can't wait for the next version of ECP to get released xmas_o.gif

I think the FFUR isn't a competitor to the Y2K3 or EECP because It based on approximatively 1985 era, I am not in competition with Y2K3 and EECP because my MOD is based over the era of the years 1985 in order to respect the data of BIS with more realism, it's intended to players who wish to play their missions and campaigns with a "touch" of the years 1980-1985 smile_o.gif , while the 2 other MODs of replacement are in competition because they're based over the same current era, each mod has its own qualities ...

EECP : Great MOD of replacement based on the realism and only on the excellent effects ECP, moreover than it's perfectly usable for low CPU,because it didn't replace all addons

Informations

Y2K3 : Great MOD with many changes and improvements based on ECP+FlashFX+nice scripts of the whole community Informations

FFUR : My mod tounge_o.gifInformations smile_o.gif

FFUR is a one of our competators since it is a "total conversion/unit replacment" dispite it being 1985 and EECP and myself being more modern.

but if you want my honest opinon, FFUR and Y2K3 are more like sister mods wink_o.gif since we traded assistance on either. smile_o.gif

Yeah it's good to see a healthy sense of cooperation between like mods.

Anyway they're all good!!!

(I just wish my old ancient clunker computer could run most of them more smoothly..) sad_o.gif

*saving up money for new computer when OFP2 is released*

but if you want my honest opinon, FFUR and Y2K3 are more like sister mods wink_o.gif since we traded assistance on either. smile_o.gif

Yeah , old friend, I totaly agree wink_o.gif

let encourage the co-operation and the assistance between all the mods in order to optimize and improve one of the best simulators in the World : Operation Flashpoint while waiting for that BIS get out Flashpoint II smile_o.gif

I try to do my home config and I use directly addon for my mission. And today configs remplacement use addon but when the addon is in a patch, we must download the patch. The best config will be the config which use an addon patch make for the config...

And a good config isn't a config which change just P3D models,but bullet status, car config, weapons config ect... I think a good config don't exist today (no release) and when I see one man who relaese patch after patch (if he add a patch after one addon relaese, we will have many patch), I won't use config.

I hope BIS relaese a big patch to add modifications after works with scriptmakers.

-chevladimir-

I didn't understand the majority of your sentences rock.gif

What do you mean exactly ?

Patchs are needed to improve the game , so today , in the FFUR mod you may download the full pack and ONE patch , for the Y2K3 you may download only ONE full pack , and the EECP you may download ONE config...I think that's necessary that you'll check again each mod of Replacement mods rock.gif

, BIS 's actually working on OFP II , I don't think that they 'll release another patch after 1.96 one

I use my own replacement mod...wgfxupgrade.

It has evolved to include east and resistance replacements but, does not use any special effects packs.

I am quite happy with it i might add.

Heu, I never say "FFUR".... You think you are a target?

Seriously, there are many addon for SF, plane, weapons, but i never find a new Shilka, new BMP ambulance, new standart jeep, i think remplacement configuration are not perfect today, and little connexion and little computer cannot have this configuration.

the FFUR was single modification for single player, but one month after the relaesa we found many addons, scripts, ect, and I don't see the "single configuration". Just change p3d, or don't tell "single modification".

And I don't think a config is a mod, just config, a mod has a config, but addons, missions and campaign.

Eh, why do you want to know?

And why do you want to know why I want to know? wink_o.gif