Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Kane

IL2 Sturmovik poll!

It seems lots of people play IL2 here, and I have a question...

I use time compression to slow down the game when I'm in a dogfight. It lets me aim better, and saves me ammo. I feel sort of weird about doing this, since I have all the "realistic" settings turned on ingame. So, who here uses time compression to get a better bead on their target?

And BTW, isnt the Stuka supposed to be released in a patch soon? biggrin.gif

Cheater!  wow.gif

Nah i don´t do this, takes out realism, action and fun imho.

i slow down cos i dont have a good joystick and find it hard to do many things at the same time with keyboard, time compression helps me with it.

but im a il2 newbie so.....maybe i need to buy a good joystick?

Anyone use auto pilot for those long way points.

I only use time compression for those long 'empty' periods. Sometimes with auto-pilot sometines flying myself. Never used slow down.

im still trying to learn how to dogfight mad.gif

Time compression is very good for us newbie-wanna-be-erich-hartmanns. Makes cooler movies than Matrix, when u set compression to 1/4th and watch the tracers and bullets hitting the Nazi-bastard or Commie-sucker depending which side you're playing on.

I only used time compression in conjunbction with auto when im going on a long jaunt from waypoint to waypoint.. seldom ever else.

it cracks me up that some people think turning off padlocking and range icon makes it MORE realistic.. thats bullshit.. it just makes it HARDER, not more realistic.. padlock simulates how you would follow a fighter with your head in a dogfight and the range icon makes up for the loss of depth perception you get when viewing a 2d image.. you cant judge range in a game like you can IRL. ESPECIALLY in a flight sim.. so you giet a little distance meter to compensate for it..