Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

World Car of the Year 2005

Too bad... not a Citroën C4 or a Toyota Prius on top of the list..

I drive a Peugeot 206 with a 1.6 liter 16V 4 cilinder engine and 110 BHP..

packs helluva punch, especially with V-Power.

Not to mention that THIS car can corner compared to the average American car. wink_o.gif

Too bad... not a Citroën C4 or a Toyota Prius on top of the list..

I drive a Peugeot 206 with a 1.6 liter 16V 4 cilinder engine and 110 BHP..

packs helluva punch, especially with V-Power.

Not to mention that THIS car can corner compared to the average American car.  wink_o.gif

Wtach the ball joints on the 206. They have a habit of seperating when cornering.

My mates wife had the ball joint seperate coming off a roundabout, that in turn ripped the driveshaft out, and the wheel was only held on by the steering rack. Luckily she was fine, but it could have been a very nasty incident.

Common problem apparantly.

(I get my RS Turbo soon smile_o.gif Can't wait! )

Now, how on earth would you be able to stuff all of your kids into that lovely 911 2+2 Avon

Precisely why I love it! biggrin_o.gif

In germany it is usually a car for those that are 40, have no kids, suffer from mid-life crisis and look after girls at the age of my girlfriend. tounge_o.gif

Man come on, the Porsche is just a bitch to drive. It is impossible to handle once it enters a spin and it's butt ass ugly (face it), plus it's not confortable and you can't see anything out of it. It is very over rated, and currently it's kind of a big loser in the racing scene.

Hi love biggrin_o.gif

I have to admit the 911 is starting to grow on me lately.....

Between the 993 of the nineties and the 911sc (made untill 1983) as seen in 4in1's post I have to agree that it was dead ugly. But still, the 911s dynamics always comes out on top when a new version was presented to the market. It's simply fantastic, it shouldn't work with an engine in the back - let alone behind the rear axle - but it does! Despite still being a challenging drivers car it has also become quite docile compared to the time before they radically changed and updated the suspension. And even better is the fact that it has become so common and thus kind of "classless" compared to other alternatives. I like it - but I prefer the no-nonsense Caterham Seven!

Oh, and it's still winning races in the FIA GT Championships.

Well the thing is, it doesn't work too well as it's difficult to control on the edge, like i said.

Sure the 993 is winning in NGT, although the NGT class is basically made of Porsches... how about something more serious like the GT class mate. I would not want to drive the street equiv of an NGT anyway, GT however, sign me up. tounge_o.gif

my personal top 3

Porsche Cayenne

Probably the best offroad onroad car in the world. It doesnt matter where you drive you will always arrive first. No car before in history tried and was so successful in developing such a double-ace without compromise

cayenne.jpg

Doesnt look great but once you heard the sound and driven it you never want to give it away again.

9999999999.jpg

Hard to judge if you never drove it, but this is the most comfortable car I ever drove. The new BMW5 can be sporty as a Porsche but silent as a Rolls!

2004-BMW-5-Series.jpg

And this is the most beautiful car currently on the market. But the extreme price makes it drop out of my Top3!

http://www.motordesktop.com/wallpap....768.jpg

Who particpated? Amish countryfolk? blues.gif

I agree. This was the list of eligible vehicles:

http://www.wcoty.com/html/eligvehic.html

Quote[/b] ]

Acura RL /Honda Legend

Aston's DB9

Audi A3 (5-door)

Audi A6

BMW 1 Series

BMW X3 (SUV)

BMW 635/645Ci (Convertible)

Cadillac STS

Cadillac SRX (crossover SUV)

Cadillac XLR

Chevrolet Corvette C6

Chrysler 300/300C

Chrysler/Dodge Magnum (wagon)

Chrysler Crossfire Roadster

Dacia Logan

Ferrari Scaglietti 612

Ford Focus (excluding North-American)

Hyundai Tucson

Jaguar X-Type Estate (wagon)

Kia Amanti

Kia's Picanto

Kia Spectra / Kian Cerato

Land Rover LR3/Discovery III (SUV)

Maserati GranSport

Maserati Quattroporte

Mercedes-Benz A-Class

Mercedes-Benz SLK

MINI Convertible

Mitsubishi's Colt

Peugeot 407

Porsche's 911 (977)

Renault Modus

Seat's Toledo

Smart ForFour

Subaru Outback

Volvo S40/V50 - OK

I mean come on? A Volvo S40 when you can have a Maserati GranSprot or Quattroporte? rock.gif

2004_gransport.jpg

Not to mention, Aston Martin's DB9. Who in their right mind would choose an Audi A6 over this beauty?

Aston.db9.coupe.300pix.jpg

And who chose the eligible list anyhow? Is 911 the best they could pick from Porsche? What about a Carrera GT? A Jaguar X-Type Estate? Who in their right mind would buy a Jaguar wagon?

And this is the most beautiful car currently on the market. But the extreme price makes it drop out of my Top3!

http://www.motordesktop.com/wallpap....768.jpg

That I agree with. The Vanquish is truly a beauty. The only car I like even beter is the Jaguar F-type concept prototype (that will unfortunately never be produced)

ftype.jpg

Jaguar-F-TYPE-Concept-02.jpg

Unfortunately they decided against producing it sad_o.gif .. and it would have had a much more reasonable price than the Vanquish.

Well. Guess it was the best overall car. Not the car to most likely get you laid.

Said they evaluated on 20 parameters....didn't really explain what those were other than styling, fuel economy, handling, etc.

Well. Guess it was the best overall car. Not the car to most likely get you laid.

Explain the difference. I understand the words you are writing, but they make no sense together. wink_o.gif

my personal top 3

Porsche Cayenne

Probably the best offroad onroad car in the world. It doesnt matter where you drive you will always arrive first. No car before in history tried and was so successful in developing such a double-ace without compromise

[imghttp://www.autogazeta.com/g/356/cayenne.jpg[/img]

Please, Go test drive the 05 Grand Cherokee Limited Edition and tell me that silly porche beats it. smile_o.gif If you do go test drive it, make sure it has the 360 Hemi V8 and Quadra drive II 4wd system. Porche can't match it.

Offroad it is more capable than any other factory jeep out there right now, and onroad it drives like a dream.

154_0412_gran_01_z.jpg

Review

I find all the city-jeeps utterly ridiculous. Ok, I can accept it from US car owners - there's a certain tradition there. But in Europe?

They're completely out of context, ugly, pollute like hell, difficult to park and more dangerous to pedestrians.

more dangerous to pedestrians.

Who cares about pedestrians anyway? If they can't get out of my way in time, screw 'em. wink_o.gif

I tend to stay away from Chrysler products, so a jeep is out of the question. Too expensive anyway.

Screw Volvo's and Audi's, I'm getting a Honda Civic. tounge_o.gif

I find all the city-jeeps utterly ridiculous. Ok, I can accept it from US car owners - there's a certain tradition there. But in Europe?

They're completely out of context, ugly, pollute like hell, difficult to park and more dangerous to pedestrians.

I agree, but you do get a very clear view on your surroundings though. But you also get that with a Voyager too plus more useful space.

But I don't see how or why a jeep pollutes more than the next car. And all the jeeps I've driven are easier to park than any other car I've driven due to the high seating height and the relatively short length of the car.

I agree, but you do get a very clear view on your surroundings though. But you also get that with a Voyager too plus more useful space.

But I don't see how or why a jeep pollutes more than the next car. And all the jeeps I've driven are easier to park than any other car I've driven due to the high seating height and the relatively short length of the car.

Usually because a jeep/4x4 has a 3+ litre engine, and if its an US one, absolutely no MPG or emmisions controls!

As for that Porsche.... Its a fucking 4x4! You buy a Porsche becuase its a sports car, not a school run van!

People in 4x4 sicken me here. Fair enough if you live in the sticks and have to use it in rough terrain, but people who drive the bastards for city use are gimps. Whats the point? Do they make them feel secure? Sort your lives out people!

my personal top 3

Porsche Cayenne

[ighttp://www.autogazeta.com/g/356/cayenne.jpg[/img]

Please, Go test drive the 05 Grand Cherokee Limited Edition and tell me that silly porche beats it. smile_o.gif If you do go test drive it, make sure it has the 360 Hemi V8 and Quadra drive II 4wd system. Porche can't match it.

Offroad it is more capable than any other factory jeep out there right now, and onroad it drives like a dream.

[im]http://jpmagazine.com/roadtests/154_0412_gran_01_z.jpg[/img]

Review

Bah keep your American tat! If you want a good 4x4, buy a new Land Rover Discovery. Absolutley superb vehicles, the bastards can climb mountains! (As seen on Top Gear)

Edit - Denoir, do you ever watch 'Top Gear'? Its Brit motoring show. In one episode they raced a DB9 from the UK tothe South of France, against a High Speed train. It was superb! I have the episode torrent if you ever want to watch it.

Porsche Cayenne S

620 Newtonmetre

4,5 Liter

450 PS

6.000/min

0 to 100 km/h in 5,6 seconds

266 km/h top speed (locked)

Give me something else to challenge but please dont give me a cherokee!  smile_o.gif

I mean come on? A Volvo S40 when you can have a Maserati GranSprot or Quattroporte? rock.gif

http://www.wcoty.com/html/judging.html

A sports car isn't the best for everything, I'd say these awards focus on versatility and suits the majority/ordinary buyer best, drittstřvel. But then again a car that for example gets a high wow-score can end up high in the score table even though it's not a car suited for the ordinary buyer, like the 911 on 3rd place.

drittstřvel

LOL, I'm guessing that's Norwegian for "asshole" (i.e equivalent of "skitstövel" in Swedish)

drittstřvel

LOL, I'm guessing that's Norwegian for "asshole" (i.e equivalent of "skitstövel" in Swedish)

Yes.

Porsche Cayenne S

620 Newtonmetre

4,5 Liter

450 PS

6.000/min

0 to 100 km/h in 5,6 seconds

266 km/h top speed (locked)

Give me something else to challenge but please dont give me a cherokee! smile_o.gif

easy...

1986 Chrysler Lebaron GTS

2.2L Turbo 26Psi Boost

0 to 100 <4.5s

Beat the Cayenne in snow too. wink_o.gif More like humiliated.

Edit: woops, 27psi boost.

Explain the difference. I understand the words you are writing, but they make no sense together. wink_o.gif

lol...

lol...

He means that it's a nice car, but it's not the car to "pick-up chicks". Basiclly, he means that women aren't attracted to that car, so they wouldn't be interested in "you". Bah, I can't explain it. crazy_o.gif I give up.

BTW- I can't believe Mercedes isn't on that list. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

Still not giving up my 190hp volvo 740 station wagon w/ turbo tounge_o.gif

the only good volvo is a swedish military volvo. they are awesome biggrin_o.gif