Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

it might be coming back....opinions

Hello,

Im sure most of you who’ve been around are well aware of the Korean Conflict mod that I had a while back. Im thinking right now of getting back into computer gaming with OFP, I still have tons of high quality models and low quality models that we built, including a B29 Super Fortress, and I was curious, do you think we should come back, The Forgotten War: Conflict in Korea mod? I am up to all idea’s from the ofp community about how the mod should be ran, if we should try and join some other mods, if we need a new mod leader, im up for all ideas, just shoot!

Ttyl,

Brandon

Ps. I ask pleas not to be rude or anything here, i'm asking for the best advice from the people from the community, you are the eyes and ears, you make everything happen in reality, I will base my decission upon your opinions. Thank you!

who the hell votes the third one here and on ofp info?

just should really finish your addons and maybe make the revival.

anyway, good look on what you want to do ":thumbs up:"

Would be nice to see you guys back in action. It's a very interesting materia in my eyes smile_o.gif

I'd like a new mod leader though in my stead for i might not have as much time to take control of the mod. Has the mood about the Korean war changed amongst the ofp community though?

~Brandon

not much has been said............. but like so many other MOD's, they have been started not to be finished.... one example being OPGWC

I think maybe we've seen so many mod ideas spring up, release a few pics, get our hopes up, only to fade away and die.

How many WWI mod proposals have we seen?

Then again, the American Civil War died, came back as a new team, released a pack, and now look at the counts in their thread!

I think the Korean War has real potential for two reasons:  1)  The weapons are closer to what OFP originally featured.  The Civil War Mod has almost completely worked around that, but it wasn't easy.  And  2)  Korea is potentially brewing up in the real world, it may be more on people's minds.

Pics perk people's interest, released items even more.  If you don't feel you can lead the mod, I'd at least release some pics of what you have, it may spark some interest.  The B-29 is practically guaranteed to stir something up.  Perhaps you guys can do what Xelsis is doing in the WWII Pacific mod, release some unit packs instead of doing a full-blown mod like the Civil War Mod has turned out to be.

It just seems to me that text hardly graps people's attention, something visual is even better, a release better still.  And maybe even target something.  The Battle of the Chosin Reservoir is a great tale!

Maybe quit with the waste of time polls if you dont have much time and actually spend the time you do have and actually work on the mod.

The korean war is another interesting chapter in conventional warfare.

After WW2, korea was divided into 2 along the 38th parallel. However in 1950, rapacious commies, 90,000 Nkoeans + T-34 tanks decided to make a bid to swallow up the whole of korea, pushing the united nations forces way down south. But luckily for them, US had a Julius Ceasar- Macarthur - who not only gained back the 38th parallel, even managed to chase the commies back to China!

However, 250,000 chinese with soviet migs15 chased the US back to the 38th parallel. Macarther was all for it to give chase to the chinese and soviet forces, stomp out the commies once and for all, but unfortunately, Truman, a known commie softy, sacked Macarthur instead and negotiated for a truce in korea, inhold till today.

Controversies still rages and hold relevant to this day, on several 'what ifs'..........

Give yer best shot, bmgarcangel..all the best! smile_o.gif

last time I saw the weapon models of Forgotten war, I thought that they were the best models I've seen! They really good looking and Korean war is easy to make, 'cause there is a lot of desert kind of places, not much trees and bushes. So not much lag when the whole chinese (volunteer biggrin_o.gif) army would attack...

I think. No, I wan't really badly for you to come back...! wink_o.gif

we so need Korea stuff here! it's the war that really hasn't been covered that well. not much movies or games and we didn't much dig into the conflict during our history lessons back in school. if I knew how to make models, texture or make islands I'd be so glad to help you out but I just can't learn those things sad_o.gif

@Snypa

desert? I'm so gonna find out right now cos my thoughts don't match with that.

While I would like to see a Korean mod, I'd hate to see another mod struggle with no members and such, I think you should team up with another mod, maybe share your work.

If you can get a team together I think you should try to get back to it, Korean war would be great in Opf smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]After WW2, korea was divided into 2 along the 38th parallel. However in 1950, rapacious commies, 90,000 Nkoeans + T-34 tanks decided to make a bid to swallow up the whole of korea, pushing the united nations forces way down south. But luckily for them, US had a Julius Ceasar- Macarthur - who not only gained back the 38th parallel, even managed to chase the commies back to China!

Yeah... Really sad story.

@bmgarcangel

i really liked your addons and screenshots! please try your best to come back guys!

To be frank, if you need to conduct a poll to find out if you should continue with a mod or not, it pretty much means you've given up already. Outside interest alone isn't enough to keep you and your team (if you have one) working. YOU have to want to build your mod because YOU will be doing the work. And if you need everyone to tell you to keep working on your mod, that says to me that you may as well not even bother.

That said, I'd love to see a Korean War mod, but if I'm going to play a mod I want it to have been built by people with the internal motivation to do it themselves and for themselves. If they're constantly unsure of themselves or their motivations, then that will be reflected in the end result of their efforts.

And so I voted "Don't even bother."

I agree with Hellfish6. I also voted not to bother. BMG, you have a great skill with modelling, you should join an established mod and help them if they need addon makers. For example, I44 or WW2EC would suit you nicely as you have an intrest in this time frame wink_o.gif.

If your up for the work i say go for it. I think the korean war would be perfect for ofp.

you should join an established mod and help them if they need addon makers. For example, I44 or WW2EC would suit you nicely as you have an intrest in this time frame wink_o.gif.

I gotta disagree a bit with this. they already have many guys working. think about the unsung team for example. but I really hope you can get a team and finish what you've started!

Yeah, I worked bymyself begining around November 2003 with the 30 Caliber machine gun, then from there i progressed to making by myself and with little help in making the following:

WEAPONS STILL NEEDED TO BE PUT INTO CONFIG

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">PTRD

SVT40

SVT40/Bayonet

SKS/Bayonet

T33 Handgun

.38 revolver

M1C Garand

M1 Garand

M1 Garand/GaranteA

M1 Garand/GaranteB

M1 Garand/Bayonet

M1C Garand Sniper Rifle

M1 Carbine

M1 Carbine/Bayonet

M1 Carbine/GaranteA

M1 Carbine/GaranteB

M1A1 Carbine

M1A1 Carbine/Bayonet

M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine/Bayonet

M2 Carbine/GaranteA

M2 Carbine/GaranteB

M2A1 Carbine

M2A1 Carbine/Bayonet

M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

M3 Carbine

M9a1 Bazooka

M3a1 Grease Gun

Enfield no4. MkI

THOSE AND WEAPONS ALREADY IN GAME AND CREDITS

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Thompson - Imported by NXSHADOWS from BF: 1942, used bf42 thompson for template, by bmgarcangel

SKS - Imported by NXSHADOWS from BF: Vietnam, used bfvn sks for template, by bmgarcangel

Sten MkII - By Bmgarcangel

Sten MkV - By Bmgarcangel

.30 Caliber M1919a4 Machine guns - By Bmgarcangel

.30 Caliber M1919a6 Machine guns - By Bmgarcangel

.50 Caliber M2 Machine gun - By BIS & Bmgarcangel

PPSh-41 - By Cympatheey

M1911 .45 Colt - By Cympatheey

T33 Semi_automatic pistol - By Bmgarcangel

.38 Revolver - By Bmgarcangel, skin by Viet Cong Game Makers

M1 Garand - originally by MOHAA team, worked on by Upminder, completely redone by bmgarcangel, skin by sgt stryker.

M1 Garand Varriants - By Bmgarcangel

M1 Carbine - Edited by Bmgarcangel, model by Trigger, Skin by Brutal

M1 Carbine Varriants - By Bmgarcangel & Lt Hunter

M2 Carbine - Edited by Bmgarcangel to be a m2 carbine, model by Trigger, Skin by Brutal

M2 Carbine Varriants - By Bmgarcangel & Lt Hunter

SVT40 Automatic Rifle - Originally by MOHAA team, brought into ofp by upminder, Edited majorly by Bmgarcangel

PTRD AT Rifle - By Dark Soldier & Bmgarcangel

M3 Carbine - Edited by Bmgarcangel to be a m3 carbine, model by Trigger, Skin by Brutal, scope by LT Hunter

M9A1 Bazooka - By Bmgarcangel

Enfield no4 MkI - By LT Hunter

Thats what i did from November of '03 to July of '04, when after going to a Civil Air Patrol Encampment at Ft. Lewis washington and begining my senior and final year in high school, i lost interest in all computer games and got deep into the social life which i'm still in. I'm scared to get out of it and back into this, but i'm willing to do it. I promised the community, i intend to keep that promise whether i continue on with it or i hand it off to someone else in the community.

First thing is first though, one of the #1 reason's i left the community and my mod rather quickly was mainly because I was not able to finish most of the tasks put on my hands without help, and that help i searched for but could not find or recieve because i didn't release anything or my attitude back then. Right now all i need is a few people, who have multiple talents.

At the moment i only have modeling talents, minor texture talents, and very minor cpp. skills. I don't have time to learn new skills without putting some of the things in my life aside.

Without those skills for a rather short amount of time provided by just a few people, I bet I can still get it all done but at a much longer date will it be done, yes....because i'm a very busy boy at hte moment and adding this to my plate will make my life even more bush, but adding even more to it will make it unbarrable.....

So in the end, i will continue with the mod starting very soon, but i ask for minor assistance from a rathe few number of people from the community for a short amount of time who have rather good experience in multiple areas of the ofp community.

Hellfish, thanks for the heads up, same with you hooahman, i respect and take to heart your critisim.

~Brandon

Quote[/b] ]minor texture talents

Well, if you didn't texture those weapons then who did? crazy_o.gif And if you texture those wepaons I saw last time, I think you have very good texturing skills.

C'mon people, is there any good .cpp writers to get this weapon pack to us... wink_o.gif