Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Longest CTI

nice smile_o.gif

and how about everyone disconnecting from the server and the AI´s took over? that happened at zeus server, the game kept playing with noone there crazy_o.gif

we started with a full game, the MFCTI fixed and upgraded maps pruduced out of MFCTI.COM show even less lag then mainstream mfcti 1.16, this map was on novago as well, a map many complain of lag (more due to low end vid cards and LOTS of tanks)

We Lost, about 6 hours in our CO lost con, so I will implement Sky Wolfs Disconected CO settings that i helped him with that will switch the settings to ahigher income

so for three hours we had 4 men with AI compeating against an East CO that could produce more AI, man was it a constant watch to make sure you had all your AI out

I find cti missions boring after two hours, but to each his own i guess. Most of the times the winner is clear after two hours and it is just a "lets throw everything we have against the enemy hq" by then which i personally find rather dull. I like the "win by conquering all towns" option some cti missions offer better than the (mostly boring) total destruction of the enemy base.

And i think any other version (zeus version or cleanrocks version) of cti has less lag than the mfcti one. The CRCTI missions play on custom islands that are much "laggier" than nogova and perform really well.

I find cti missions boring after two hours, but to each his own i guess. Most of the times the winner is clear after two hours and it is just a "lets throw everything we have against the enemy hq" by then which i personally find rather dull. I like the "win by conquering all towns" option some cti missions offer better than the (mostly boring) total destruction of the enemy base.

And i think any other version (zeus version or cleanrocks version) of cti has less lag than the mfcti one. The CRCTI missions play on custom islands that are much "laggier" than nogova and perform really well.

so untrue CRCTI is even more buggy people allways lose connection map bugs etc....

look at our match with SWEC on CR .60 ver 5 SWEC vs 7 RN

not even 2 hours in the game 4-5 players lose connection playing a buggy CR mission littered with Exploits...on Evron

bored after 2 hours mabe go play CTF haha most games are 30 mins...

also CR the Commanders job is very boring less for the CO too do and build,buildings build way too fast and everything comes upgraded...

nevermind the the killing of yer own AI when his RPGS run out and kill yer own AI from a menu screen that is gay

MFCTI is far better and more fun too play in my view...

town victory is also a boring game.. drive bye flag capping if ya call that fun no wonder CR games in the tourny end in Draws if ya look at the record book in matchs played at CTITC 60% of games end in a tie after 3 hours hahahaha

this is true, CR maps can not handle 40 tanks per side and lag like crazy as more tanks are pruduced while MFCTI.COM maps have no problems and can push 60 tanks per side if need, too many scripts are generated per tank to many times and last as long till they are delted by yet another script monitoring them

CR just does not understand this fact because SWEC have used that many tanks in there battes, just checks all thier match stats, this is the Primary reason salvagers were made, only 1-10 scripts running while in CRs version there are 2-3 per tank just for deletion of them

the Server has to think for these scripts, and thuse the lag in CR maps

MFCTI.COM entered a wait command to all build/give commands stopping the money cheats and stoping more then 1 script at a time for purchase or give order smile_o.gif 15% gain in CPU resources on 3.0s and more on our 4.0, and i noticed CR finally fixed his version of it

and taking towns is totally boring, OFP is about killing shit tactically

walking into a a town with 1 AI is not fun and claiming your smarter is lame, thats basing the game on random chance your 1 AI will see the other 1 AI

and the fact that you can draw a CR map is you want to by hold 1 town for every with your primary base built it

Do we play the same cr ctis? Afaik there were old (mod) cticr missions and the newer (total rewrite) crcti ones. In our version each town is protected by resistance and tanks. You have to conquer the towns. Not send one ai to get them. And after that you have to HOLD them against retake from resistance ai or the other side. Of course we rarely play on the standard island and with standard units. Check Medicus post about his cti modification

USMC/Laser CTI

Finmod CTI

Winter Kodiak CTI

According to you this should lag as hell, but it doesn't. I also cannot reproduce that "on crcti everyone is losing connection" problem. But you can judge by the ridiculing tone that russin uses that he has not much arguments anyway and has resort to name-calling. Yeah, everyone who does not want to play a 9h cti should go play deathmatch missions instead, he is a whimp and looser.

Also i have to admit that the commanders role is less interesing in the newer versions and i also do not like that too much. But those missions are easy to tailor to your own needs.

never called anybody no name what ya on about

big deal you don't like a long back and forth battle.... the way you interpt CTI is over in the first 2 hours is usally decided in first 30 mins in any CR map just a matter of time after the 30 min mark...

there are some people that like a nice long battle on a saturday afternoon with nothing too do this was one of those games where each side dished out there punishments over and over battling for towns attacking bases everything happened in this game and the trasishion too nightfall was a sign of a long game biggrin_o.gif

gettin a little offtopic here anyhow Benu read the subject title and weep smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

he does not play enough CTI to even know what hes talking about, and it by his post he has never maxed out tanks in either mf or cr

we do it every day, and CR lags, MF does not

... and CR lags, MF does not

I think you are really playing another crCTI than we do ... i never played a MFCTI without lag, but played really a lot crCTIs (with lot's of custom-addons and on big custom-islands) and never had a lag-problem.

... and CR lags, MF does not

I think you are really playing another crCTI than we do ... i never played a MFCTI without lag, but played really a lot crCTIs (with lot's of custom-addons and on big custom-islands) and never had a lag-problem.

I can't agree more to that.

Personnally i never ever saw a MFCTI game online without desynch or lag, maybe when every players are on NASA or high end computers it is possible but on average system not.

If only the crCTI had the same features that are found in the MFCTI, it would be perfect.

That is why i have a lot of hope in the Zeus CTI when hopefully it will be +/- bug free , as it is as low on ressource as crCTI but have all the MFCTI features.

thats beacuse you guys never use any of the power server and are not regulars, we are also in the cr league were you guys are not and we see all the maps

mfcti1.16 and all its modified version on lessers server lag like a bitch, even CR maps do, on the power servers there is almost never any lag with any version untill the tanks are mass produced in CR maps

also mfcti.com has been lag reduced and will now work on lesser servers, ZUES is another form of mf, and has the same qualities as mf but it still does not have mission fixes that mfcti.com has for better balance

FYI:

Malbeuf and his followers (RN clan) are on a crusade to destroy my crCTI missions reputation .. no idea why, but make sure u filter their arguments heavily when reading their posts smile_o.gif

PS. I have put a lot of effort into minimizing network traffic (via PublicVariable) and script cpu utilisation

thats beacuse you guys never use any of the power server and are not regulars, we are also in the cr league were you guys are not and we see all the maps

mfcti1.16 and all its modified version on lessers server lag like a bitch, even CR maps do, on the power servers there is almost never any lag with any version untill the tanks are mass produced in CR maps

Let me get this straight: on "lesser servers" crcti works great and mfcti lags but on "power servers" (as yours) mfcti works great (could be) but crcti lags (doubt it)? That would be funny indeed.

But to come back to your original posting: when you don't know where the enemy base is after 30 minutes into the game you are doing something wrong. And when it takes you more than 8h to destroy it after you have found it you are obviously doing something else wrong. It may be that we never "maxed out our tanks", but we never needed to as our missions are normally decided within 3h. You know we played to win the mission and not to max out the tanks. And i for one find that "you know where the enemy base is and just DEATHMATCH 2h to destroy it" really boring. Because normally one team IS superior to the other by that time and only has to concentrate on wearing down the enemy base. Thats not much fun. The standard mfcti with its "win by total destructing of enemy base" leaves actually LESS tactical options than the crcti where you can win by different means.

FYI:

Malbeuf and his followers (RN clan) are on a crusade to destroy my crCTI missions reputation .. no idea why, but make sure u filter their arguments heavily when reading their posts smile_o.gif

PS. I have put a lot of effort into minimizing network traffic (via PublicVariable) and script cpu utilisation

Not a problem,

Personnally i and everybody can easily see what is "lagging" and what does not, none is needing a 3rd party opinion that will explain that what you see smooth on your system is lagging and horrible and what you see stuttering, with tons of desynch is perfectly smooth and light on the ressource.

In that case i prefer to trust what i see really on my system while playing and the result is that your crCTI does not lag or desynch as much as the ressource hog that is mfCTI.

I don't know what league gaming or whatever pro-thing and tank maxing RN_Malboeuf is summoning with the argument, but anyone can easily experiment lag and desynch yourself when playing online a mfCTI or a crCTi.

mfCTI lags and desynch more than crCTI.

And if on "lesser" servers mfCTI lags and desynch more than crCTI , i can't see why on the "super hyper power nuclear" servers crCTI become suddenly laggy and mfCTI the smoothness incarnate.

nice..my record of playing cti is 5hrs one match, and it was not boring...

The longest game I've played lasted between 6 and 7 hours, and the only reason for me staying that long was an angry wife. :P

FYI:

not at all your just too big headed to admin when you are wrong

net traffic is only apart of it, the script set ups abuse the CPU, this is what causes dysync on CR maps, you run too many and they grows as the tanks/units are built

Let me get this straight: on "lesser servers" crcti works great and mfcti lags but on "power servers" (as yours) mfcti works great (could be) but crcti lags (doubt it)? That would be funny indeed.

But to come back to your original posting: when you don't know where the enemy base is after 30 minutes into the game you are doing something wrong.

cr lags out on lesser servers even more then MF, the CPU speeds are just not fast enough to handle the over use of scripts per each vehicle built

I dont think you play enough CTIs with top squads, the battles are neck and neck till the last few minutes hours into game

i see more people lose connection playin CR-CTI than any other version that includes all MFCTI maps originals and moded ones,

the record shows in CTITC leauge ive not played 1 match where the 14 players that joined where still playing the end of 3 hours...

and in MFCTI you see full games of 9vs9 last atleast 3 hours/or before with all still playing at the end so feed me some more CR litterd scripts...

hell in our last match 8 players where left in CRCTI match 5 Roughnecks vs 3 SWECS so in reaility CR can't handle a 7vs7 over mfcti witch can handle 9vs9

we had atleast 12 players still playing after 5 hours on MFCTI recored breaking game there is somthing up with disconnections in cr something CR eaither ignores or just a buggy version of cti

tounge_o.gif

that the the unheard of bugs in CR, normally a map should be bug free prior to a league season start

cr patches his version 70 times at least, its not that we dislike cr, we just dislike the end results which he says there is nothing wrong, then he releases a new bugged version

this is in league play not general play, its upsurd

10 server with over 30 player playing MFCTI vs

2 servers with 6 people playin CRCTI biggrin_o.gif

it is simple too see what people prefer too play and most MF players play all day and night smile_o.gif

check the servers anytime you will see what is played more..

there must have been 5 new leauge CR map updates threw the course of the tourny and still need more FIXs that they have no clue how too fix the players losing connection

we just played a full 3 hours match on MFCTI vs Devgru not 1 person lost connection in a 9vs9 ithink the record shows what is bugged and what isn't....

now go play a CR map and pray ya don't lose connection biggrin_o.gif

and it was a good game, they beat use down to 1 barracks

then they walled in thier last base and we made sure to keep all there air facts down

then we stole one of their repairs and rebuild our air port base, and built 6 choppers

just b4 the 1st chopper took off we started mortoring and 12-20 troops attact thier base from the south where thier entrance was

major ground battle

then we pounced on them from the air

we should have lost

but we won - so as for your so called 30 min idea.......