Sign in to follow this  
Shinkansen

ww2 pacific

Hi,

This is a new fighter airplane called KI-43 Hayabusa (Peregrin falcon) of the Imperial Japanese Army Airforce. The general idea behind this addon was not to use more points / textures as you usually spend for a single soldier. So some real big airbattles should be possible if the map isn`t too big. BRATTYS CORSAIR addon is needed. At the moment the pilot is the british pilot of the corsair package.

overview7pk.jpg

download

Have fun.

PS: It would be nice to get some feedback.

1.) Do you like to fly in 1.) or 3.) person view?

2.) Do you need/like an animated cockpit?

3.) Do you need/like animated canopy?

4.) Best camouflage version of this package?

5.) Worst camouflage version of this package?

6.) More quality/details on the airplane for the next release or continuing with optimizing the addon to increase number of planes in a mission beyond 100 and more?

not downloaded it yet mate but if you want interanl pictures of the cockpit i can take pics from pacific fighters as ive been told its very acurate

not downloaded it yet mate but if you want interanl pictures of the cockpit i can take pics from pacific fighters as ive been told its very acurate

Hi,

every kind of information would be helpfull, especially more pictures of the cockpit of ww2 planes that were used in the pacific war theater.

i can give you in game pictures of the zero, hayabusa, tony and the ki-84 and probbaly george if i can be bothered to reinstall cfs2 again.

ill send you an email sometime soon mate

cool, something for the corsair to shoot at, been waiting for something like this!

I really like the 1st person cam that bratty did for the plane, it would be great to echo that. I tend to fly with the joystick, but mouse as well from time to time!

keep up the good work!

.sub

maybe you could retexture one guy of the imperial japanese army pack as a pilot, so that the right one is in the plane.

screens looking really nice, i must admit

Blah, I owe it to Saburo Sakai to take these for a spin...

Feedback - I like the cockpit! Give you a good overview and it's nicely done. Can't comment about the camoflauge, but if they're all realistic, don't take any out. I don't really think we need an animated canopy. I like to fly in a bit of both, but in this case where I can actually see where I'm flying, I'd love to fly first-person more.

very nice addon, thank you smile_o.gif

some issues that could be improved,

1-alpha textures of propeler and glass cockpit need fixing, as they make everything behind it transparent.

2-landing gear stays down if planes starts mission in-flight

3-i really like the textures schemes, can you make them crispier?

4-the pilot's shoulders stick out a little bit out of the fuselage.

5-you could possibly turn off radar?

6-ironsights and tracers in bullets tounge_o.gif

7-lightning could be improved.

the cockpit anims are eyecandy IMO, but a working artificial horizon is a must.

i mostly fly 1st person, but in editor i like to goof around in 3rd.

p.s: was that plane so small?

p.p.s: keep it up, OFP needs a ww2 pacific theater and your mod looks very promising smile_o.gif

the origanl ki-43la,ki-43lb and ki-43lc had a telesopic sight not a reflector sight like most aircraft, but the ki-43ii gained a upgraded engine and a reflector gunsight

some issues that could be improved,

1-alpha textures of propeler and glass cockpit need fixing, as they make everything behind it transparent.

2-landing gear stays down if planes starts mission in-flight

3-i really like the textures schemes, can you make them crispier?

4-the pilot's shoulders stick out a little bit out of the fuselage.

5-you could possibly turn off radar?

6-ironsights and tracers in bullets tounge_o.gif

7-lightning could be improved.

to 1.) Yes, i have seen this bug also, but I think it's the problem that two alpha textures in a line will do this. Don`t know how to fix this.

to 2.) This can be solved. it was very late yesterday so i included only a simple form of gear script.

to 3.) What does crispier mean? I don't know this word.

to 4.) Yes, sometimes the pilot is moving around on his seat. Most time he should be in the cockpit, but I will check this.

to 5.) I like the radar, its a very basic version to give you a hint if there are enemys or not. In a big dogfight with 40 airplanes involved it is sometimes hard to say who is who...

to 6.) I am not sure if I understand this (should increase my english knowledge) what are ironsights...

to 7.) I will look for that, can you give me an example of an addon were it is improved?

the origanl ki-43la,ki-43lb and ki-43lc had a telesopic sight not a reflector sight like most aircraft, but the ki-43ii gained a upgraded engine and a reflector gunsight

Yes, I left this out yesterday. A telescopic sight with zoom will be in the next update...

by crispier i meant sharper textures, i know your goal is to set a low cpu load with this plane, but it was only a suggestion.

Nice work...always good to see ww2-era fighters smile_o.gif

P.S.Are those the instruments from aces high II, or is that just me :P

Hi Shinkansen Nice work on the KI-43 adds a little more to air combat now  wink_o.gif

just some things i noticed that weren't mentioned

If you want to remove the gun smoke under the nose use this config file. (credits to Klink  wow_o.gif )

Excellent damage script i like it, but 1 small prob was that when the planes is shot down it continues to burn even in the water. Maybe add a counter/timer to it so it exits after some time. Smoke Pic

you also got the damage right  (see below for more on that)

Nice killsys  blues.gif  

I found the plane to be a lot under powered.

I assume casue the focus is Midway era that this is the early version? the real version can do 320mph so maybe increase the speed.

Aparrently the army sacrificed everything for manoeuvrability  so can you increase this more?

Most japanese Aces got their kills in this plane so yeah it needs to be more Agile.

One last thing i think you got the flap/Aileron  positions mixed up.

Cheers Tf

Hi,

the mustang is looking really good!

There were three major versions of the Ki-43, the KI-43I, Ki-43-II and the KI-43III last wasn't produced in large numbers. I have a book about all aircrafts of the world (reprint of old tchech magazine "Aero") so I like to take the speed, armament and equipment from there to equalize all airplanes. If I remember right, the values should refer to the KI-43II.

One idea is to divide empty load and max load and scale with this ratio the maxspeed values for several different armaments and loads. This will lead to (maxspeed = empty load) and (cruise speed = max load). So for example a Dauntless at a scout mission will perform much better than a full loaded strike version.

by crispier i meant sharper textures, i know your goal is to set a low cpu load with this plane, but it was only a suggestion.

Hi,

This is a hard blow biggrin_o.gif ... I thought using cascaling textures will sharpen it out! Most other addons using big textures covering the hole model have a washing effect because the texture must be expanded in three dimensions. This is a point that should need further investigations. If possible it would be nice to see a screenshot from the textures of my addon and from an other addon that has better textures.

I found the plane to be a lot under powered.

I assume casue the focus is Midway era that this is the early version? the real version can do 320mph so maybe increase the speed.

Aparrently the army sacrificed everything for manoeuvrability so can you increase this more?

Most japanese Aces got their kills in this plane so yeah it needs to be more Agile.

One last thing i think you got the flap/Aileron positions mixed up.

Hi,

I thought manoeuvrability is fair, I can survive the corsair and scuds typhoon and scuds P-38 is only canonfodder.

But It would be very nice if you can help me increasing the manoeuvrability, because I have no idea what values must be changed...

I thought the lkd, lkh flaps goes to the inner side of the wing and the ls flap to the outer side? is this wrong?

I have a very ugly model in the pipeline, a Gloster Gladiator that needs a far better flight physic, if you are interested to fix this, please contact me.

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

To be honest, after trying it out...i was disappointed with its performance sad_o.gif ....been waiting for a jap plane for so long.

1. Flying:- the plane loses power/speed too fast while climbing or turning, as a result, i cant dogfight after only 1 encounter with p51 mustangs, either to crash or land with the faulty landing gears.

Even while not fighting, starting at 350km/hr ingame, just climbing the hills of malden and then do a 180 turn, i am back to 100km/hr and stalling soon.

What i did and i sincerly apologise to u for i dont do it always, i altered your config and model.

Model:-

1. Contrary to some beliefs, i placed the flaps in the geolod too just to make sure.

2. I copy and pasted all the flaps into geolod, reconfigured the mass and let it centre on the pilot area.

3. I set the mass at 1100 instead of 1900 that was the original plane. ( i would suspect the loss of power due to this issue cos the bisplane is only 1100 mass. Furthermore as i applied only 1100 to the first plane and not to the rest of your planes, only this first one performed well despite the new config, on a rating of 75% mass issue vs 25%config alteration. Perhaps mass has something to do with the speed u set? - the more mass, the higher you must set the plane's speed?)

Edit:- to further test the mass results, i reduced it to 600 and it flew like a dream.

Config:-

1. I inherit the a10's class:- class japfighter: A10

reason being for some hard coded engine cfg, the a10 seems a better plane than to just inherit directly from plane.

2. I added line:-

simulation = plane;

brake distance = 100;

steerAheadsimul = 1;  //some say this is not necessary

steerAheadplan = 1; //    ''

save and ingame:- voila!!! it manoveres better! less loss of power in turns and can chase the hell outta any american plane tounge_o.gif

Other than some other script issues with the gear, i think your plane is great! Thanks for the addon. smile_o.gif

Very nice plane, it has proved to be the perfect Opfor for the upcoming Hurricane and Hawks by WW2EC, however there are some issues I would like to discuss smile_o.gif :

1) You want to keep the poly count etc down, but why do you have double sided faces in your model then, if you should remove these it will help with the lighting on the model and also on the poly count. wink_o.gif

2) Better textures using the same resolutions as you use now are perfectly possible, if you want some assistance, don't hesitate to ask. You could also modify the current textures to make them better by using some small post processing.

3) The AI has it's gear down, I looked in your cpp and I suggest you add a checkgear script which you run using the init eventhandler:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_plane = _this select 0

?(not alive _plane): goto "Exit"

?(speed _plane >100 && isengineon _plane): [_plane] exec "\mid_ki043\scripts\Gearup.sqs"

?(speed _plane <100): [_plane] exec "\mid_ki043\scripts\Geardn.sqs"

#Exit

exit