Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

does that mean to test one config? if you want just contact me! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I need 2 serious persons with a basic military knowledge for a good FINAL beta testing of the FFUR pack v5.0

im interested

im only 14 but i do know alot about millitary such as procedures, contact drills and quite alot of realism plus i have a lot of free time on my hands. So just IM me if you think ill do.

oh yeah also in key cats group link script there is something wich makes soldiers take cover if coming under heavy fire try include that, that will definately add realism

cant wait till v5.0

Thank you a lot people for your enthusiasm and kindness toward us by making proposals , But I got both needed Beta testers smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

oh okay that fine cant wait for the mod must meen its close if your looking for more beta testers, is there any exact eta for the realse by any chance or is it still a rough guess ?

@Thunderbird

I've just spotted this bit of script on http://ofp.gamezone.cz.

Is there any way you could add this script to your up and coming release?  It's just the sort of realistic element of detail that I've been waiting for!

bashnia1.jpg

i saw that even though ive been told the turret can go upto 40feet in the air but i still think the height in the pics are ridiculous plaus yes that is realistic i saw an article when an M1A1 was hit by a mine the turret went about 15feet away from the tank

Quote[/b] ]By upcoming release do you mean 5.1? Because I'd really hate it if the release was pushed back again.

good point leave it for 5.1 because weve waited like good bys for about 10 years well not really around ahh who cares just if its pushed back some people are probaly not going to be able to get any sleep the sooner the beter

Quote[/b] ]That looks cool but isn't realistic

actually the turret coming of is relistic just not that common but it does happen but i dont think the turret will go that high in to the air.

how about a list of scripts that are being used that you havent said ?

I'm as anxious to see the new masterpiece completed myself...but...as we've waited this long I'd be happy to wait alittle longer for any and all possible improvements.  But that's me.

the tank turret thing was tried in an earlier patch, but it lagged the game like hell so it was removed. Also, maybe this can be implemented in a future patch, but right now I don't want to see the released date pushed back further.

Once i´ve edited the effectpack.pbo, where you can find the turret thing, to have less debris. With that setting it works much faster than the ffur4.5 explosion and looks way better. I´ve send thunderbird this effectpack-light, but he said, it causes some trouble.

Me for myself, everytime a new release came out, i changed the tank explosion to the effectpack-light version, and i´ve never noticed any problems with it.

i don't really like that because it's not realistic. I mean it's uncredible to see a turret fly in the air like that.

Pshych' , the current script used in FFUR works pretty well too , your customized one was pretty good though but if I remember well the debris appeared as green spots in the radar or ? ..

if you can send it me again then it would be great mate wink_o.gif

(just to have a look on it again)

Quote[/b] ]That looks cool but isn't realistic

actually the turret coming of is relistic just not that common but it does happen but i dont think the turret will go that high in to the air.

how about a list of scripts that are being used that you havent said ?

See, like you said that just doesn't happen each time you blow up a tank. Like if you nail the back of an M1A1 the turret isn't going to dettach itself so cleanly in one solid piece. Usualy you end up with charred pieces of metal in large burning chunks if the explosion even has enough power to rip off the turret. That what I'm mean by it not being reallistic, not that turrets don't get blow off tanks.

i don't really like that because it's not realistic. I mean it's uncredible to see a turret fly in the air like that.

Having tanks 'pop their cork' is totally realistic. If you're interested - do a web search and you should find still/video samples of these catastrophic events (often WWII T34s but others as well). I'd suggest the height of the turret is perhaps questionable - but not with BMPs.

hey dudes , it's too late now , the FFUR pack's totally finished , btw the current explosion tank effect's pretty nice, it doesn't need any change... , more one or 2 beta tests then the pack'd be online wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

@ Thunderbird notworthy.gif

yes, you´re right the debris appears green in the radar. It doesn´t bother me that mutch, but i think it really causes some slowdowns. whistle.gif You´ve changed the ammount of debris in the plane explosion, aren´t you.

I´m really looking forward for 5.0. biggrin_o.gif I think there are always some things left, which can be made better. You became a real perfectionist, lately wink_o.gifgoodnight.gif

yeah , Tomislav contamined me tounge2.gif , btw thanks and goodnight.gif

you can expect to get the FFUR pack this weekend though...

Best Regards

TB

Hi smile_o.gif

Yeah i think so smile_o.gif Today or tomorrow tounge2.giftounge2.gif

@thunderbird

Hi mate smile_o.gif You remember you promisse to send me the FFUR 5.0 before you release it public? tounge2.giftounge2.gif hehe

Maximus-Sniper

Well most of the russain desinged armored vehicles the turret is mearly kept on by the weight it almost commonly flies off with a catastropic ammo explossion usually launching it about 30 ft in the air. Mainly due to all the ammo being stored inside of the hull under the turret in the crew compartment. West tanks seldom lose the turret being they were commonly bolted down since WWII

Seen a few M2A2s pop thier turrets after getting hit M1s are slighty more diffcult having their ammo stored in the magazine with blast doors to vent the blast of a ammo explosion up. Most of the M1 shown with turret blown off where despoyed by a 500lb bomb based IUD, or detroyed by airstrike after being abandoned to keep the insurgents from getting their hands on the tank. The lower section of the turrent is encased in a cage-like system Now protected by additinal anti spalling plates.

oh yes today or tommorow i supose then oh i cant wait. it sounds great and looks great and of course i hope it will be great

everyone who has worked on FlashFXUR notworthy.gif

and thanks for making such a great mod