Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

I think CZ host pack 3.5... do a search.

nope, they only show a link to filefront download page

There would of been multiple mirrors, but it was requested not to. wink_o.gif And btw the new features/screens look absolutly stuning. Nice work! smile_o.gif

Is there a thread for the FlashFx Unit Replacement Pack 5.0 anywhere?

Also, does this version (4.5) and/or the 5.0 pack be compatible with the FDF mod?

This thread is for FFUR 5.0, the title just hasn't been edited yet smile_o.gif

It is compatible with the Finnish Defence Forces Mod, as it has a seperate launch icon. You can't run them both at the same time, though, as they have clashing configs.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

We've reduced the lag of FFUR 5.0 by 60% and reduced the download size to around 450Mb from 800Mb by removing P3D files and useless textures that aren't used by the mod. There is no sacrafice in quality at all, we just made the mod more efficient smile_o.gif

FFUR 5.0 will be standalone, as we've replaced too many things from 4.5 to consider a patch. It will be alot smaller than pack 3.5 was, though.

I figured if they're making it, they should at least have some idea of how it's going to work, but I can wait. wink_o.gif

but it is also a very nice play to find it out by yourself during playing ofp wink_o.gif

a few surprises should stay smile_o.gif

Yeah it works again thanks alot.

Nice news. That sounds damn good. And reduced lag is good, i really get sometimes a lag that makes me reading a book while playing.

Sorry Canadian, you were right. tounge_o.gif I'll wait. biggrin_o.gif

In 4.5, is there a way to turn exploding bodies on?

just take the exploding bodies config (FlashFxUR\bin\high Cpu ......) convert it to config.bin and put it in FlashFxUR\bin then

How do I convert it to config.bin?

CPP2BIN by Amalfi

Would it be possible to add congiguarble keys instead of having hold down the shift button to lean e.g. just press insert for lean left and pg up for lean right, whihc can be changed in the options,controls menu?

Unsure if this has been said in the last few pages but this IS possible. Simply bind 'Turbo' and 'Strafe Left' to your Insert key and bind 'Turbo' and 'Strafe Right' to your PG Up key. It'll will show up red in your controls menu but that doesn't matter, I have Q and E as my lean keys.

Cap.

Hi there - Seems like while playing regular OFP, the game is always asking for kegsw66.pbo.

Strange things are :

1) this addons is in Addons and Res/addons

2) I have been playing those missions wihtout kegsw66 for months without problems

What is wrong ?

FFXUR still works fine smile_o.gif

Edit : this might be fully OFF topic because FDF may be the guilty guy, however OFP is still screaming for Keg addons such as kegsw44m tounge_o.gif

thunderbird can you make me a config what includes smart AI script?

no replacements needed.

very good to see those updates on that mod. biggrin_o.gif

AI?If you got VME's PLA MOD,that inculded what you need tounge_o.gif

and for surrender?

AI will surrender when lost so many units in squad and no full squad around they.

but firendly unit can turn surrender units back when they around them.they'll hold a movement(this is not BUG,just for blance) then pick up their weapon then able to rejoin the battle.

I you see an enemy surrender unit,just take his weapon away then even his firend back later he will still not able to fight

Player can surrender only when enemy near you can see you.

but please take care,if no firendly unit can find you you'll not able to return(can't cancel surrender status,this is for blance or you can surrender any time)

some times if you shoot a enemy soldier's hand he may drop his gun you know,but if you very near him he may surrender if no firend unit near him,if not he'll try to pick up his weapon and got you

at least tony hasn't reported about all surprises tounge_o.gif

some will still be there for you wink_o.gif

Hi there - Seems like while playing regular OFP, the game is always asking for kegsw66.pbo.

Strange things are :

2) I have been playing those missions wihtout kegsw66 for months without problems

What is wrong ?

FFXUR still works fine smile_o.gif

Edit : this might be fully OFF topic because FDF may be the guilty guy, however OFP is still screaming for Keg addons such as kegsw44m tounge_o.gif

The problem isn't FFXUR or FDF but the fact that Kegetys' S&W revolver pack addons are broken in that they lack the proper addon dependency declarations which then leads to, among others, the symptom you describe.

Here's an archive with a fixed set of Keg's S&W revolvers: KEG_SWRevolvers_10_fixed.rar.

Replace any and all copies of KEGsw* in your OFP folders with the ones in that archive. They are corrected and work.

Strange things are :

What is wrong ?

FFXUR still works fine  smile_o.gif

Edit : this might be fully OFF topic because FDF may be the guilty guy, however OFP is still screaming for Keg addons such as kegsw44m tounge_o.gif

The problem isn't FFXUR or FDF but the fact that Kegetys' S&W revolver pack addons are broken in that they lack the proper addon dependency declarations which then leads to, among others, the symptom you describe.

Here's an archive with a fixed set of Keg's S&W revolvers: KEG_SWRevolvers_10_fixed.rar.

Replace any and all copies of KEGsw* in your OFP folders with the ones in that archive. They are corrected and work.

Thanks smile_o.gif