Sign in to follow this  
pexmo

Need serious help on texture conversion

Ok i usualy make textures for other engines but this one gives me shity results.

Well this is my problem:

When i save the pictures from photoshop to .tga or eaven if i use highest quality .jpg from photoshop, i have real good quality.

But now comes the part that kills me:

If i convert with paatool/texview i get crap results, alot of wierd colors and my shadowlines gets f***ed.

the same thing happens if i use my high quality jpgs directly into the game.

So:

Is there a special palette to folow or is there something else i should do to get alot better results?

I use the best compression possible in paatoll and texview.

cheers and beers!

/Pexmo over and out

Hi,

It may help limit, but not remedy entirely, your conversion problems to make the textures in a 256 colour palette. In my experience converting a .tga file already limited to 256 colours to .paa or .pac will result in fewer undesirable conversion effects than a .tga file that uses more colours. To combat blurring effects around edges of two similar, but not identical shades a solution can be to increase the contrast between those shades to a point where the side-effects of converting can be predicted.

Regards,

Sander

it is also possible to leave them in the jpg format, but many here don't want to do it, dunno why, must havt to do with performance