Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

yea i noticed that big a bit late.

thats actualy a bug with all addons that use a start up sound.

what happens is: the AI are too retarded to understand a stoped or timed waypoint. so the mission maker, in this case BIS, must remove all fuel from the vehicle. unfortunitly, the AI still attempt to start up the vehicle. which activates the "engine on" sound. and they will continue to attempt to start the vehicle until it has fuel or until they die, whatever comes first.

sadly thou i discovered this too late to do anything about it sad_o.gif perhaps the next patch that will be resolved if there is a next patch

I edited the cpp file so that it uses the sig tanks instead of the ORCS ones but when i started a mission i got a message saying "error loading y2k3_hg\barreta (Magic)". banghead.gif

And the mission wouden't start. So i tried other missions and got the message with about 90% of them. I think the cpp file is missing someting. pistols.gif

I reinstalled y2k3 mod up to 7.2 and now everything is fine.

I hope you can fix the problem so i can use 7.3 again. Execpt for that the mod is Awesome. My missions are 10 times better than before. Keep up the good work. thumbs-up.gif

ok did you de-bin the config.bin?? or did u use the included config.cpp in the Y2K3\Bin\Configs\Exploding Bodies Effect

(or the desired config style [exploding bodies, no exploding bodies, unit replacment])

Just a weird point I found... if you start any more than 1k away from those ORCS tanks, lag = mega. Even I get 3 - 4 fps. However, if you go close to them, as in < 1k away, lag disappears, and game goes back to about 20fps. And the weirdest thing is, you can then run away as far as you want, and the game remains at ~20fps.

Strange! confused_o.gif

The best way to take out a such lag is to remove the scripts included in the EH and a bunch of the useless usermenu's selections.

E.G

for the T-80 replacement by ORCS T-80UM, you may have something like this.

(this class belongs to the FFUR 2005 pack, so don't use the "weapons" and "magazines" lines as showed here because you'd need to defin'em in the cfgweapons and cfgammo)

//the same goes for the FFUR_Brad_MGunClouds

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class T80:RussianTank

{

side=0;

scope=2;

crew="SoldierECrew";

weapons[]={"2A46c","PKT55","NSV"};

magazines[]={"3BM42M80","BK29M80","9M117Launcher80","PKT55","PKT55","PKT55","PKT55","PKT55","PKT55","PKT55","PKT55","NSV"};

displayName="T-80UM";

model="\icp_t90\t80utim";

nameSound="tank";

canfloat=1;

picture="it80";

icon="tank";

maxSpeed=65;

armor=700;

armorStructural=2.0;

forceHideGunner=0;

class HitEngine {armor=0.8;material=60;name=engine;passThrough=1;};

class HitHull {armor=0.9;material=50;name=hull;passThrough=1;};

class HitTurret {armor=1;material=51;name=turet;passThrough=1;};

class HitGun {armor=0.6;material=52;name=gun;passThrough=1;};

class HitLTrack {armor=0.6;material=53;name=pasL;passThrough=1;};

class HitRTrack {armor=0.6;material=54;name=pasP;passThrough=1;};

soundEnviron[]={"\ICP_t72s\sound\treads.wav",0.916666,0.800000};

soundEngine[]={"\icp_t90\DVI.wss","db-2",1};

soundGear[]={"\ICP_t72s\sound\gear.wav",0.1,0.8};

gunnerOpticsModel="\wgl_veh\t80\t80_optics.p3d";

gunnerOpticsColor[] = {0.91, 0.23, 0.23, 1};

driverAction="ManActT80DriverOut";

gunnerAction="ManActT80GunnerOut";

commanderAction="ManActT80CommanderOut";

driverInAction="ManActT80Driver";

gunnerInAction="ManActT80Gunner";

commanderInAction="ManActT80Commander";

ejectDeadDriver = 0;

ejectDeadGunner = 0;

ejectDeadCargo = 1;

type=1;

cost=1500000;

simulation="tank";

hiddenselections[]= {"TR","zak","dz","pl","no1","no2","no3","fire1","fire2","fire3","fire4","fire5","fire6","rak1","rak2","rak3","rak4","Flag"};

class HatchDriver

{

selection="poklop_driver";

axis="osa_poklop_driver";

angle=-100

};

class HatchGunner

{

selection="poklop_gunner";

axis="osa_poklop_gunner";

angle=-100

};

class HatchCommander

{

selection="poklop_commander";

axis="osa_poklop_commander";

angle=-100

};

class ViewGunnerBase

{

initAngleX=5;

minAngleX=-30;

maxAngleX=30;

initAngleY=0;

minAngleY=-100;

maxAngleY=100;

initFov=0.550000;

minFov=0.320000;

maxFov=0.850000;

};

class TurretBase

{

soundServo[]={"\ICP_t72s\sound\turret.ogg",0.0316228,1.0};

gunAxis = "OsaHlavne";

turretAxis = "OsaVeze";

gunBeg = "usti hlavne";

gunEnd = "konec hlavne";

minElev=-4; maxElev=+20;

minTurn=-360; maxTurn=+360;

body = "OtocVez";

gun = "OtocHlaven";

};

class Animations

{

class SetNumber

{

type="rotation";

animperiod=0.5;

selection="useract";

axis="osa_useract";

angle0=0;

angle1=0;

};

class InFlamed

{

type="rotation";

animperiod=0.5;

selection="useract";

axis="osa_useract";

angle0=0;

angle1=0;

};

class OtstrelGilz

{

type ="rotation";

animPeriod =0.5;

selection ="Krish";

axis ="osa_krish";

angle0 =0;

angle1 =-2.5;

};

class Recoil

{

type ="rotation";

animPeriod =0.1;

selection ="stv";

axis ="osa_stv";

angle0 =0;

angle1 =-0.0042;

};

class Podveska

{

type ="rotation";

animperiod=0.5;

selection="podv";

axis="osa_sus";

angle0=-0.041;

angle1=0.041;

};

};

class MGunClouds : FFUR_Brad_MGunClouds{};

};

You won't need to add any class EH cuz it will automatically use the class tank:landvehicle 's one

wink_o.gif

Now your lag's problem should be fixed.

PS : Hmm, if pappy used the T-90 instead of the T-80 UM then keep the "model=" ; "displayname=" and "hiddenselections=" as they are .

smile_o.gif

Kind Regards

Thunderbird84

Will give it a shot. Thanks, mate.

Just another thing, when I put an INQ M1A2 into Newland island, the game stalls every 6 seconds, even when the addon has all scripts removed, and max fog/min visual quality/500m viewdistance.

Any ideas? Could just be the textures or summat...

tbird: the orcs tanks main source of lag has nothing to do with eventhandlers. its the high polly models and extremly large textures. at the time i didnt realize they used 2048x2048 res textures! otherwise i would have NEVER used them. fischkopps H53 pack does the same thing to me for the same reason. insanely high res textures are not only dumb they are pointless, and lag the game like hell.

i resized the textures from 2048 to 512 and retried and gained about 5fps, so the highpolly/detail model must be partley to blame too

...insanely high res textures are not only dumb they are pointless, and lag the game like hell...

I agree entirely. 1024pixels is the maximum I ever use, and the performance hit compared to 512pixels is noticeable, so I tend to try and limit myself to 512 unless absolutely necessary. 2048 for vehicles is, as you rightly said, absolutely crazy. Granted, it looks nice, but you need a super-high spec to have more than one on screen at the same time, and for a vehicle such as a MBT (Main/Medium Battle Tank before anyone asks), thats rarely the case.

well finally tried Y2K mod for shits and grins, mostlikely the final hold out, mostly to compair it for MP use with my gaming clan due to FFUR likes to go tits up a lot durring missions. Well was pretty decent, only main gripe was the armor is unusable in missions due to lag issues. Anything that involved large scaled armor missions was a nocan do. But kinda noticed that with the hig poly units Orcs and the USMC mods tend to toss out.

Orcs often offers different levels of addons for performance but not with vehicle addons.

Y2K earned a spot in being used in infantry vs infantry missions at least and some of the more intersting missions like Police Cops and Serial Killer missions. Must be good had seveal all weekend sessions trying to complete those missions but were were doing everything the hardway.

Nice can enter most MP games on other servers without too many issues. Other than ones who porpusly have adons that must have or their oen personal mods in operation to play..

ok did you de-bin the config.bin?? or did u use the included config.cpp in the Y2K3\Bin\Configs\Exploding Bodies Effect

(or the desired config style [exploding bodies, no exploding bodies, unit replacment])

Pappy, I used the icluded config.cpp file from the unit replacement directory. I guess i had to de-bin the config.bin.

I'll try that again some day. To busy with other games at the moment. Thanx.

neo: your not suppose to debin it, your suppose to edit the config.cpp and then turn it back into a bin before using. once turned back into a bin, move that config.bin file to your Y2K3\Bin directory

bobcat i thank you for the kind words, the armor lagg issue woulda been a non issue had i had the time to really test those missions out with lots of tanks in them i woulda learned the truth and left the orginal sig tanks alone.  confused_o.gif

as a personal request: can someone that speaks orcs laungage (russian?) please ask them for a lower polly/res version of those tanks? or if a modler with the time please go over the T80, T90, and T72's and try and tweak the models for better performance?

edit: in the mean time ill create a 7.3 "low res" patch that returns the tanks back to where they were for the time being

That's exactly what i did. I used the cpp file from the Y2K3\bin\configs\unit replacement folder. Used cpp2bin program to change it into a bin file and replaced the config.bin in the Y2K3\bin folder. The tanks where changed back to the SIG ones but instead i got the "beretta(Magic)" error with 90% of the missions i loaded. huh.gif

Download 7.3 Low-Res Version Here

this version is untested.. but by all means should work (assuming the sig tanks are still in your Y2K3\Addons directory)

edit: the only thing changed is the tanks back to the sig ones.

the orcs tanks are still needed for the weapon, ammo, and sights.

Tried the new patch. Got about 4-5 fps more. Still lags as hell.

I guess the ORCS addons have to be removed entirely for this to work. sad_o.gif

I'll try some things out with the config but after what happend last time i'm not sure that is a wise thing to do. I'll keep you posted.

the orcs tanks are required for the weapon, ammo, and sounds.

the low-res patch should solve the lag problem. thats the only major change that would be causeal to the lag issue

I have been testing this mod since yesterday and i really like it inlove.gif .

My only problem is why the AI (machine gunners and RPGs) won't engage enemy combat helicopter such as Cobra and Apache ?

I have 'designed' a mission which i play with FFUR mod or Y2K3 mod : played under FFUR, the enemy infantry will fight back at me firing everything they have (i have been downed by small arms fire numerous time when i was too cocky...); but played under Y2k3, the enemy infantry will not fight back. It will fight against helicopters such as Blackhawk be not against Cobra and Apache...

Is there a way too change that ? help.gif

Not too sure if infantry machine gunners would be likely to try gunning down at Apache, but you're definitely right about the Cobra, thin-skinned thing that it is.

as a personal request: can someone that speaks orcs laungage (russian?) please ask them for a lower polly/res version of those tanks? or if a modler with the time please go over the T80, T90, and T72's and try and tweak the models for better performance?

ironically, orcs have made low-res versions of practically every addon theyve made, except for the one we ACTUALLY need a low res version of!

word yo huh.gif

about the infantry thing: i think tbird is using an enhanced script for infantry to shoot at helos.. im not sure on that.

i did look into infantry enhancing scripts like covering fire and the like but i found that using scripts outside the hit/killed and fired eventhandlers was just too costly in terms of performance. and since ive used many other scripts in other aspects of the game i felt that the cost outweighed the benifit.

no promises but perhaps before the new year breaks.. or mabe even early christmas present there might be a 7.4 patch (which will combine the 7.2 and 7.3 upgrades into one patch) that will include retextured orcs tanks using lower resolution textures. and my inside source says that mabe we can get that new shilka pre-release. but once again the patch hinges on one varable: the shilka. if theres no shilka. theres no 7.4 patch cuz that will be the only changes is lower res orcs tanks and new shilka. plus a few bug fixes with the engine start up sound bug and whatnot.

might even come up with a catchy name for the 7.4 patch since it will be a compilation patch (that will weigh in at 70 megs approx) that will replace the 7.2 and 7.3 patchs (ill remove the links from the site and just replace it with this" with a simple "Y2K3 Ultimate Upgrade" or something catchy like BIS called their patchs. ill figure all that out later if it comes to be.