Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Pappy, this may sound like a silly question knowing your'e thoughts on the old ECP pistols.gif However it dosn't seem to lag as much,and i was just wondering is their any way you would consider implementing it into a latest edition versionof your fantastic Y2K3 mod sad_o.gif

He'd be welcome to as long as he adheres to the terms outlined in the license agreement. smile_o.gif

Pappy, this may sound like a silly question knowing your'e thoughts on the old ECP pistols.gif However it dosn't seem to lag as much,and i was just wondering is their any way you would consider implementing it into a latest edition versionof your fantastic Y2K3 mod sad_o.gif

He'd be welcome to as long as he adheres to the terms outlined in the license agreement. smile_o.gif

Great attitude smile_o.gif

Let's work hand in hand for the community wink_o.gif

this would be most awsome biggrin_o.gif Adding the ECP effects to the y2k3 notworthy.gif Mod of all mods right here lovely inlove.gif Adding all of the ECP stuff to this y2k3 mod WOW inlove.gif

i looked into it.. matter of fact i started to... i thought it would be simple enough since their last one was just adding a simple eventhandler to each unit...

ha!

this one u need to modify every single unit. not just 20 or 30 eventhandlers or such.. but somehwere about 200 or 300.

on top of that... id need to edit the resource.cpp again.

for me.. its way way too much work. if i put forth the effort your lookin at most likly somewhere around 3 or 4 months at the least.

but if any one out there wants to put forth the effort to make an ECP-Y2K3 config. by all means i wont stop you. matter of fact ill gladly mirror it and post it on my site in teh downloads section with full credit to whoever wants to do it.

edit: just to clairify.. and please dont drag this out lets drop it.. but to clear things up.. i have a small "issue" with the ecp mod itself... my main hatred stems from most, of the ECP team members. my dislike of them isnt as much as i dont like thier mod as i dont like them personaly. dont ask me why i dont like them, dont ask me what happend. becuz im not going to post it here. but yea my problem with ecp isnt as much the mod as it is the people.

back on topic. if someone wants to make the config please do. let me know too so i can mirror/host it

edit: just to clairify.. and please dont drag this out lets drop it.. but to clear things up.. i have a small "issue" with the ecp mod itself... my main hatred stems from most, of the ECP team members. my dislike of them isnt as much as i dont like thier mod as i dont like them personaly. dont ask me why i dont like them, dont ask me what happend. becuz im not going to post it here. but yea my problem with ecp isnt as much the mod as it is the people.

I seem to remember that there is a standing agreement between you and I, due to your inability to refrain from flaming/flamebaiting them if you mentioned ECP or the ECP mod team again you would be post restricted and receive warning level increase, I also seem to remember that I said if you did it again any/all Y2K3 threads would be closed, however I'm a little hazy on that part so for now I won't close the Y2K3 thread.

72hr PR & WL+

you use your turbo key (usualy its SHIFT) and left or right movments.

for instance i control movment with the arrow keys so for me its shift and left arrow or shift and right arrow.

the lean only works when your armed with a rifle and have the rifle selected. so if you have an M16 in your hands then u can lean. go prone using the same keys to roll.

i should let you all know i do have a 7.3 patch in the pipeline. currently clocked at 25 megs...

but it was delayed due to the recent surfacing of a new shilka model.

in other words im gonna wait for the new shilka befor release.

heres whats changed thou. minor stuff.

T72 - ORCS T72 (same for the resistance side only w/o the armor plates)

the main battle tanks (T72, T80, M1A2, M60) are all ballanced now based from the M1A2's orginal armor values.

in other words the M1A2 is set at 1500 a fair number in this game. the T80, a close equvilent, is now 1200 to keep it semi-fair.

the T70 armor values were left as is from the ORCS settings (900 for the armored 750 for the unarmored/resistance side)

to further balance it out the T80 now shares the same gun and ammo as the T72 (from orcs) and the M60 shares the same gun and ammo of the M1A2 to keep the battlefeild balanced when shooting at each other.

so now tank battles are completly balanced once more. the abrams is no longer a god-like tank. althou 4 on 4 with T80s it still comes out ahead but not without substance losses.

another small change is all tanks and all APC's now feature the 3d crater from ECP when destroyed. cars, trucks, helos, and planes have a very small random variable of that smae crater being spawned. however that is the only new ECP feature that will be implemented into Y2K3.

it was the only feature i personaly felt was "worth while" other then that i didnt see any other features that really wowed me enough to consider it worth implementing.

and before you ask.. no it doesnt ofer any slowdown. before implementig this i ran a test. on desert island i get between 50 and 60 fps. i went to the editor and placed 100+ craters all within my veiw distance and i still had 50 to 60 fps.

and im waiting for the new shilka to replace that too.

oh and just as a formality theres an invisable passenger proxy on the motorcycle too for mission compatibility

Top news Pappy can't wait.

Y2K3 is a great mod and constantly improving all the time.

And everytime you say it will be the last patch!!!!

biggrin_o.gif

i know thats cuz i want to be finished with this...

and i wait months and months and months for something newer and better and nothing comes out. i read topics about "release in a few days" and then 4 months later they vanish from the planet. so right when i can rest easy knowing that there wont be any further addons that can i can support in this mod... someone releases something.

in light of a recent PM i just received the 3d crater is now @ 50/50 chance of making it into this patch. althou ecp has athorized anyone to use their stuff i got a pm from the modler of the crater and he doesnt like me too much.. sooooo we'll see what happens there.

update: dispite kindly requesting the usage of the crater which was the main point of the PM (which i had fully planed on doing before release) the creator has refused to give me a direct yes or no. and i do not have the time nor the patiance to deal with this so.. ECP's 3d crater will not be implemented....

instead i have pulled some strings and used some of my more talented and reliable resources... and got a completly differnt crater for Y2K3's tanks and APC's. so please have no fear the 3d crater will still be used. it just wont be ECP's smile_o.gif

and placebo: dont close this topic.. im being as nice as i possibly can right now

Super stable mod, great job, (for me the best until now).

Thanks Pappy Boyington notworthy.gif

just a lil update to the crater situation...

its no longer a situation  smile_o.gif i present the custom Y2K3 crater for APC and Tank explosions. good for looks, and makes a nice place to hide in when being shot at  wink_o.gif

craters.jpg

ecp crater is just there for comparison smile_o.gif  enjoy.

alot of time and effort went into the making of the new crater exclusivly for Y2K3, and several other mods have already shown intrest in using it as well biggrin_o.gif . so id like to thank:

Col Klink - i used the crater from the UH1 Down pack (edited)

Wilco - for his primary help in editing the model in O2

Wacky Iraqi - for his secondary help with O2 editing

CJS - for helping me remove the shadow lod from it at the last minute

and finnaly myself for texture and implemention of the crater.

so look foreward to the crater in the upcoming Y2K3 patch version 7.3

7.3 Status - currently waiting on the shilka.

Well, as Y2K3 is a modern combat mod, will you include the new T-90 / T-80U (pack)?

You could replace the T-80 by the T-90 and the T-72 by the T-80U, the T-55 by the T-72 etc. Just a little advice inlove.gif ...

Gotta agree Y2K3 does seem the most stable mod at the moment, I like ECP, had probs with FFUR (but am waiting in aticpation for the new release), the new EECP should be good as well.

Great news on the 3D crater, shame the ECP guy is so funny about using his crater when ECP said it was OK considering all we are all intrested in making OFP cool - not a mature attitude. Also yours looks better IMO.

Anyway am looking foward to 7.3, counting the days, fingers crossed the Shilka hurries up!!

smile_o.gif

i was thinking about it... but there was alot of bugs reported with it  crazy_o.gif perhaps if he gets them sorted out before patch time ill do it.

the T72 is replaced by orcs T72.

so the T80 and T90 might be useful assuming the bugs are fixed

edit: by the way about the crater.. i wont go into my feelings on the subject but i will say this much.. in a sense im glad they said no. because if they said yes i would be using thiers... but since they said no i was inspired to make my own... so not only do i have to worry about copyright legal stratigies... but now we have a better looking crater. and thats how newer and better addons are born... someone says "no u cant use my addon" so u make your own.. u make it better and then somewhere down the line someone trys to out-do yours and the cycle continues  smile_o.gif

so its like they say... if u cant use their mousetrap... build a better one yourself  smile_o.gif

oh and again id like to thank all those invovled in helping to get that crater perfect.

Pappy,Ive downloaded the 7.1full tens of times !Every time I install it, 60% of the addons cant be decompressed correctly! banghead.gif So I deledted it ,chose another mirror ,and spent another boring 4 or 5 hours to download this 612M again,then problems recurred!!Thats catastrophe to me! banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Waiting for your latest version ,without catastrophe,not a patch,badly notworthy.gif ~~~~~

What about the AH-64,is it being the same old MPIV stuff? Or the newer one?

yes its the same old AH64. it has all the features that id like to use as well as some nice scripts as well

tarrega i dont know what to tell you about the install.. there should be no reason that it shouldnt work. i dont know what to tell you confused_o.gif

tarrega i dont know what to tell you about the install.. there should be no reason that it shouldnt work. i dont know what to tell you confused_o.gif

Pappy, how about making another full installer? smile_o.gif

i make a new installer.... i fight with news sites to get it mirrored.... the ones that will mirror it will take at least a week to get it mirrored due to 90% of news site posters are on 56k or less....

he downloads it...

and the new installer has all the addons he needs but still doesnt decompress it right crazy_o.gif back to square 1

theres only one other installmaker thats up to the task... and its VERY memory hungry. in both creation and installation. and if his computer is crappin out with that installer.. it will most likly explode in a ball of fire and shrapnel at the mere thought of the alternitive crazy_o.gif

the installer is as basic as can get.. compatable for all OS' from crapnix to windows xp-pro.

like i said i honestly cant see why this problem is happening for him. confused_o.gif

tarrega i dont know what to tell you about the install.. there should be no reason that it shouldnt work. i dont know what to tell you  confused_o.gif

well, when i install the full.exe, a warning window jumped uot and saying "xxx.pbo cant be decompressed corecrly".i clicked "ingnore" to go on ,but the warning jumped time and time again sad_o.gif the last time i install the exe,i wrote down all the pbo files which cant be decompressed,there wre 70 crazy_o.gif including all the USMC pack,CBT pack ,ECP_** files ,Y2K3_** files and even the bin filefolder and the dat filefolder!!

its OK that you dont know the reason,Pappy, thx all the same smile_o.gif if i have the patience to download it tens of times, i have the patience to wait for your another super version tounge2.gif

got any freinds?

try goin to thier house.. downloading it.. install it.. and then burn all the files nessacary onto a CD and take it home and install it one by one.

just a thought.

cuz unless i make it to 7.5 im not planing another "Full installer" for the above mentioned reasons.

i really hope it all works out for you

Apart from the water splashes, the crater is one of the best aspects of the new ECP. Glad your incorporating it into my favourite mod. biggrin_o.gif