Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

just a small update im replacing the Jeep (police) with the gaz 24 police unit. with working siren/light; however the editor name will remain "jeep police" to keep compatability (in other words as not to confuse you when trying to find the standard bis unit)

im not waiting. matter of fact im closing the case on this.

the OFP community is thinned out to a few diehard fans. i honestly dont belive we will see many more mods, addons, or anything else for that matter. so im not gonna hang out waiting for newer versions of this and that and updates to this and that. gonna finalize Y2K3 once and for all.

7.2; final patch. theres no full version for 7.2 just the patch. so it requires 7.1 full.

this patch has been dubbed the Civilian Patch as it changes only 4 civilian vehicles. Motorcycle, Jeep Police, Sports Car(s), and Cessna 182. on that not the Cessna 182 editor name changed to Plane (Civ). for you mission makers out there; thats the default/standard civi plane.

Y2K3_7-2s.jpg

Download Here

Click to download the 7.2 patch

if theres no problems with it. then ima go ahead and close the case on Y2K3 and let you enjoy it.

ive fully tested the new changes including playing missions that use the addons, checking compatability as well as "missing addons" and everything passed. so.. enjoy. hopefuly your results are the same and i can close the book on this  thumbs-up.gif

Nice! So is this the final version, or are you planning to update Y2K3 again at some stage?

Great mod you came out with!!

SO much fun, favorite OFP mod pistols.gif

Closing the mod already!!?? what about those really cool 3D creaters....! those would make OFP look so much better! i hate having to blow shit up in good gfx and effects and then look at the LOW RES Cold War Crisis crater! crazy_o.gif

Anyway, it would be cool if you could make one smile_o.gif or wait...I found some screenies that someone posted from your mod!!

ecpo2.jpg

This looks great!!!! and would make OFp scenery and war so much cooler!

if ur not planning to release them i would greatly appreciate if you could email me the beta smile_o.gif

email: kosenkod@yahoo.com

I thought Y2K3 and ECP were the same... oh well

So far i know only two Realism mods , this one ive been playing (says ECP) and some Flash Effects mod or something... crazy_o.gif

Pappy, shut up, get your act together, OFP ain't dead. the release of mods like CSLA II proved that.

The mod community is progressing, it's going slower, but they're certainly there. as is allot of members that play, but don't bother to sign up and post here.

There is an entire asian modcommunity we know almost nothing about. if mech lovers knew what I saw on some of the sites they'd die to get their hands on it.

EDIT: and before I miss my point: you said 7.0 would be final, now you're saying 7.2 will be final. just face the facts: you will continue to upgrade Y2K3 , because the community also continues to upgrade.

I personally love your mod better then Ffur, Y2K3 is much more editor-friendly, instead of offering a "clean" editor, it offers an editor where you can not only select replacement units, but (for instance the AH64) , but also stuff that comes with that addon (IE the AH64 wreck).

Please keep up the good work. Ffur is allot more user-friendly, but I dont like 1985!!! crazy_o.gif

another upcoming MOD upgrade from Wargames and from beta testing it it is gonna be the biggest and best MOD out there notworthy.gif and with the possiability of porting over excisting ofp addons into Arma there is no reason to stop pruducing patchs or imporovments

the commuity is a little smaller and mabe a little slower now but still playing

so all in all GET BACK TO WORK ON OFP stop makin excuses nener.gif

Pappy, shut up, get your act together, OFP ain't dead. the release of mods like CSLA II proved that.

The mod community is progressing, it's going slower, but they're certainly there. as is allot of members that play, but don't bother to sign up and post here.

There is an entire asian modcommunity we know almost nothing about. if mech lovers knew what I saw on some of the sites they'd die to get their hands on it.

i didnt mean all mods... but look at a then & now comparrison. there was a time when OFP users came to the forums and thered be a shiney new addon every day...

now we wait months before a new addon is released.

there are still some mods active; this i know. csla obviously; but so many more have left. either posting they are watiing for AA; gone over to the god-like vbs, or plain dont say anything at all and just pack up and close shop.

imho: i think that VBS shuolda been kept non-public and the news of AA shoulda held off until 2 months before release. because both, primarily vbs, have caused so many modders to just go "im done with ofp, good bye". since vbs we lost a little peice of our community every day.

OFP isnt completly dead; but its as close as you can get. csla just released a new version of thier mod, that looks rather nice. but look how many replies its gotton. back before the times of vbs and the promise of "much better games right around the corner" thier topic would have had 35 pages of replies the first day. now its barely pushing 20. on top of that, besides me, ffur, and i suppose lobo counts, how many large scale mods are still making releases? scratch that; how many large scale mods are still active? dont go by the "work in progress" news reports either. just for shits n giggles go to ofp.info and type "Work in progress" and see how many of those wip addons.. vanished. i dont have any hope in addons or mods until theres a release topic. and its not because im bitter its just you get burnt looking at those goin "omg i cant wait" and you wait and wait and wait, and email someone only to get one of 3 replies: "the mod is dead" , "we are now playing vbs and will no longer work on ofp addons" , and the growing in popularity "we are waiting for Armed Assult".

like i said its mainly the die hard fans like you and me, and the other people still posting here.

ive got over 150 people on my MSN. 140 of them i added from playing OFP. now a majority of them give me these responses when i ask them if they read the latest addon news: "ofp what?... oh yea i played that years ago", "who the fuck cares about that stupid game. vbs is 800x better then ofp" , "sorry im waiting for AA" or "eh i havnt much interest in ofp anymore"

im down to mabe 30 people on my msn that still play, or edit ofp.

in the forums:

"37 guests, 50 Public Members and 10 Anonymous Members"

before vbs and news of AA "right around the corner" that used to be 80 guests, 120 public members, and 30 anonymous members"

this is peak hours right now. those kinda figures posted above used to be offpeak like 3am my time (eastern standard time)

yea OFP is still alive; but currently on life support. and CSLA, Y2K3, FFUR, and LOBO are that life support.  im not trying to be rude here but the numbers dont lie confused_o.gif and i dont like it anymore then you do tbh.

back on topic:

actualy i said 6.0 was going to be the final.. but i gave up on that hope after 18 new addons were released within the following weeks. @ 7.0 i thought id continue making updates every few months... but the only addon released since then (that i could possibly use) was the PC6, and i think the mustang pack was released after 7.0... or perhaps im mistakin.

just becuz im finalizing this doesnt mean that im quiting ofp and gonna sit on my hands until AA. thats not gonna happen. but currently i cant foresee any thing else released that i can possibly use to update Y2K3 with.

yes those 3d craters do look nice. and i thought about making one myself and implementing it....  i guess it wouldnt add much lag.... but thats an ECP deal as someone pointed out. and if you recall ECP is "moments away from release" or at least thats what they said last year. anyway other then that theres not much else i can add to y2k3. ive been replaying a bunch of missions with y2k3 and im satisfied that ive changed everything that needs to be changed; and changed it to the best possible selection of addons.

gandalf: about the clean editor thing.. one of the reasons i went agasint this idea for Y2K3 which is as you pointed out. you can either use the default replacment or use the addon itself sepretly. not only does this give the user more to play with; but it also gives you a better chance of having a "Required Addon" for a custom misson you download. i mean look how many missions use the HYK soldiers.... now you dont have to fumble around with a download link because you already have them. with Y2K3 the average custom mission may only require you to download one or two addons. because you already have the rest.

hey khewett how do you like the new motorcycle?  smile_o.gif  its from the troublemakers mc malden pack. i singled it out to save download time, added the kickstart in there automaticly rather then by action menu. and who could foreget the CD player on it. low riders is sounding pretty good right about now.  smile_o.gif edit: and i changed the engine sound too. hopefuly you like it.

also id like to thank you die hard fans for sticking with OFP, and Y2K3 for so long. if theres another patch, and thats a big "if" it will be for the 3d craters.

Much as I love the spirit of OFP, I think it is slowly dieing for the simple fact that the engine is so old and the AI limited in its potential. Although advances occur slowly, the world of OFP is ultimately a sterile one and the lack of interactivity negates some of the feeling of freeness you get from being able to play in a such of a large world. I look forward to OFP 2, though.

Well, our friends in the Czech republic are currently working on the sequel to the best battlefiled-style game there was since 2000.

They also say, they are trying their best to allow the use of addons from previous OFP versions.

SO we will have a new physics engine, awesome AI and all this shiz with some of the great things our community accomplished so far. pistols.gif

Well the funny thing is that "Death of OFP" was proclaimed at least 10 times in last 3 years AFAIR.

As for not that many addons are coming out I can certainly agree with that, the problem is that their quality is way better now too. I'd rather see one great addon a week, than 3 crap addons every day.

Pappy, love the motorbike, brings the game bang up to date mate, great to cruise with the CD player on

Love Y2K3 mod, its transforms the game, keep up the good work you're obviously great at this addon/mod stuff.

Lots of firm following for OFP left I think, and I'm sure everyone like me who is too computer inepet to make a mod really appreciates the work you guys put in.

smile_o.gif Keep it up!

Cheers

Kieran

Pappy,

I am still getting out of memory errors and I am patched up to 1.96.

I am not runnning XP SP2 if that makes a difference.

I am still getting out of memory errors and I am patched up to 1.96.

Try this  wink_o.gif

Right click on you OFP shortcut, and click 'properties', and look for where it says this:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=Y2k3

Change that line to this:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=Y2K3"

That should work  

If you get different errors, like 'flashpoint has experianced an error and has to close' etc, take away either -nomap or -nosplash, and see if it works with just one of them

hi pappy,

one again gj for this version ;-) always fan as i you see smile_o.gif

i ve got a little pb with your 7.2 patch, its in the Everon intro :

It seems to be a missing script in the demo mission (always that same demo scene) but i dont know where i can fix this. any idea ?

i ve tested with another mod - only 7.2 give me this error message.

thx for help

cu and good work wink_o.gif

hi pappy,

one again gj for this version ;-) always fan as i you see smile_o.gif

i ve got a little pb with your 7.2 patch, its in the Everon intro :

It seems to be a missing script in the demo mission (always that same demo scene) but i dont know where i can fix this. any idea ?

i ve tested with another mod - only 7.2 give me this error message.

thx for help

[img1]http://tchoup.freesurf.fr/errory2k3.jpg[/img]

Download an updated version of Vit Ah-1 from Vit's page and replace the file that you currently have in y2k3\addons. It worked for me.

Well the funny thing is that "Death of OFP" was proclaimed at least 10 times in last 3 years AFAIR.

As for not that many addons are coming out I can certainly agree with that, the problem is that their quality is way better now too. I'd rather see one great addon a week, than 3 crap addons every day.

I'd take one great mission a week and one great campaign every month or so, in exchange for only getting one good mod a year and one good addon every 3 months.

The problem with OFP is that there's far too many addon makers, (some talented, some who receive far too much credit) and not nearly enough mission makers.

deathsai i agree with you. which is the beauty of Y2K3 is you get to play old missions and campaigns with new addons and effects already there. so same old mission brand new twist.

i suppose tho that you can only play the same mission over and over before it becomes boring confused_o.gif

deathsai i agree with you. which is the beauty of Y2K3 is you get to play old missions and campaigns with new addons and effects already there. so same old mission brand new twist.

i suppose tho that you can only play the same mission over and over before it becomes boring confused_o.gif

You sure can! You know how many times I replayed original demo mission? Around 30-35 times I think! biggrin_o.gif