Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Thank you $cruffy, i thought this updated SpaceAlex Everon was lost from the face of the internet

one little thing always get an error when stating a mission that uses the apachi longbow wathever.

mpiv_weapons_aircraft missing.

i know that this is the pbo where the weapons for the helo are in and i have it my addon folder....

does someone else gets this message rock.gif?

and pappy. the ah1 and one russian helo have no chooper dust.

is there any possibility to make it work ?

I forgot... well I am with Y2K3 from the ... beginning I think...

but ... again... playing OPF will never be boring with it !

for me, it lags pretty bad.....even though i have a *good* crazy_o.gif computer....

4 years old, and the ofp engine will lag on even the newest of systems. so pretty much what i learned ----> you will not beable to play live reinactments of all the pretty pictures in the photography thread.

i still get under 20fps from time to time.....on an x800 pro

maybe ofp runs better on nvidia...........

pappy will better explain performance issues for everyone wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]mpiv_weapons_aircraft
editable config, add this to the class preload addons at the bottom of the config like thunderbird described in an earlier post. (use the editable config in the Y2K3\Bin\OFPY2K3 folder) it might help....

i have a 1.5 GHZ P4 Processor

i have 256 ram

i have a FX5200 (nivida) 128 meg card

i get between 8 and 20 fps depending on the island and the mission. desert island with 4 squads engaged in combat i get 25fps. it all depends.

but i never got more then 15 fps in ofp. now thats in OFP altogether. installing OFP, out of the box, no addons aside from bis ones. i get no more then 20fps. with Y2K3 i get the SAME exact frame rate. yes my game might skip a beat or slow down for a moment or two when you get a massive explosion or something like that. its the fire scripts yes. but the alternative is yellow puffs. and since this isnt a fairy tale ill settle for 5fps for 1.5 seconds while a BMP blows up.

im not being defensive here, im being honest. for me, on my system OFP does not lag anymore then default OFP does. (and default OFP lags for me)

Y2K3 does have some laggy fx that only lag when intiated. but the end result is worth a breif moment of lag.

on my laptop; 1.8 GHZ Sempron processor, 512 ram (447), and some no name gfx card called a via chrome whatschamacallit thing. i get some darn decent frame rates with Y2K3. the key here is ram. the best graphics card in the world.... with the super fast processor, will not let u do a damn thing without ram. if i could afford RAMBUS ram for my desktop. id have damn decent frame rates.

so the bottom line here is Y2K3 lags no more then default Y2K3 does on a normal basis (normal combat.. not 80 things blowing up at once or 500 soldiers running all at the same time)

Pappy is right here - at least in my (recent) experience...

I've used "steal the car" as a benchmark mission, and I have OFP set up on my main computer...

P4 3.0Ghz

GeForce FX5700LE 256mb graphics

1024Mb RAM

I've got 3 shortcuts set up...

Standard out-the-box Resistance 1.96

The new Y2K3

The ECP/E:ECP combo

OFP preferences settings are like this...

Resolution - 1280x1024: 32bit

Textures - all 1024x1024

Drop-Down - None

In Game...

Framerate & Visual Quality - maximum

Terrain Detail - Very High

Everything else on defaults...

And DXDLL on full processing/reflections, etc...

------------------------

The results...

Standard Res = 18-20fps

Y2K3 = 18-20fps

ECP/E:ECP = 16-18fps

As Pappy says, there's occasionally a very brief "hiccup" when there's a lot happening on screen (not in "steal the car" of course), and I've seen framerates as low as 7 or 8fps in MP with complex or unit-heavy missions but as far as I can see there's virtually no difference between the standard game and Y2K3, and only a very small drop with ECP/E:ECP...

I tried the same thing on my laptop...

P4 2.0Ghz

ATI Mobility graphics (64mb SHARED RAM)

512Mb main RAM

Had to drop the resolution and quality quite a bit, and DXDLL does the reflections, but nothing else... and, as you'd expect, overall things were a bit slower...

Standard Res = 10-12fps

Y2K3 = 10-11fps (it never actually made 12fps, and I'm trying to be accurate here!)

ECP/E:ECP = 5-7fps

So the Lappy didn't like the ECP setup quite as much (I suspect the shared graphics memory)...

But overall, the same story...

Like One said... OFP is wierd... 4yrs old and 20fps is good?? I can get close to 50fps with Doom3 and graphics on psychohigh...!

And like Pappy said... RAM is the key... I doubled up to 1024mb recently and I reckon I got a good 5fps improvement at least... My mates system is virtually identical to mine (including 1024mb RAM) - he gets just about the same framerates but he has a 128mb video card, so if you have limited cash and want to boost performance, I'd vote for RAM first...

Tried installing the mod but I keep getting "Data file read error (config.bin)" in a win notification box and the game don't start. Confusin the hell outta me.

And like Pappy said... RAM is the key... I doubled up to 1024mb recently and I reckon I got a good 5fps improvement at least... My mates system is virtually identical to mine (including 1024mb RAM) - he gets just about the same framerates but he has a 128mb video card, so if you have limited cash and want to boost performance, I'd vote for RAM first...

truth to be honest though....i upgraded from 512 to 1024 ram.....and it ditdnt do a damn thing for me. Biggest waste of money ever! honestly take the money you'd spend on ram(if u already have 512, and do something else with it.

as great as the ofp engine is (expandability, customization, gameplay) the graphics are really shitty. and from what im collecting from others' posts, its not the fancy addons that cause slowdown. graphics/performance wise - the ofp engine boasts nothing impressive sad_o.gif

mabye when ofp 2 comes out it will use some of the new features of direct x ver. 12 or whatver and will run and look slick tounge_o.gif

Get this message as soon i come in the menu:

no entry 'Y2K3 Custom-PE-NXB-TR.bin/cfgweapons.bas_m4desacog'

Any1 knows how i can fix that? rock.gif

Incredible effects and great work!

Except for a "Scipt scalar bool array string Oxfcffffefflies\flies_pause.sqs not found" and another error the same with Totala:

"2) No entry "Y2K3 custom-PE-XB-TR.bin/cfgweapons.bas-M4desACOG "

Do I miss some files? how can i fix them? wink_o.gif

One what operating system do you use? I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that going from 512 - 1024 does nothing, I know from my own experience what a difference it makes rock.gif

nice job, but there are some things i dont like

-how can i change the color of tracers for east side? i hate this green

-why some units dont have tracers?

-can you add in your script a random value to make not all bullets ricoche? something like 1/10-15, i think it would be more realistic

-is it possible to add a glow effect on tracers when you use nvg?

One what operating system do you use? I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that going from 512 - 1024 does nothing, I know from my own experience what a difference it makes rock.gif

dident do much to me either when i increased from 512 -> 1 gig.. wink_o.gifmad_o.gif to bad sad_o.gif

Really nice. Great work! unclesam.gif

What the f...?

It would be nice if you asked for the shot instead if copying it.

If you do not know what I am talking about, then it is about a BHD shot below.

sorry for the offtopic Pappy.

Hey, This is the first time i've tried the Y2K3 mod, I installed the Main installer (579mb) and extra installer as instructed, my resistance is patched to 1.96.

However I run the exe provided but I get loads op pop ups saying "missing /data3d/uralt.p3d" and various other things missing in data3d etc.

Is this a known issue or have i thrown a spanner in the works with a new error

thanks

Lee

This mod requires ECP right? DO I need to put ;@ECP at the end of the shortcut pathname?

Really nice. Great work! unclesam.gif

What the f...?

It would be nice if you asked for the shot instead if copying it.

If you do not know what I am talking about, then it is about a BHD shot below.

sorry for the offtopic Pappy.

Sry Gordy if forgot to send u a message sad_o.gif

Can i use youre BHD shot for Signautre??

Black Dragon

Sry for the offtopic too.

i usually use windows xp with sp1/sp2 but i got hooked up with windows xp mce 2005 for a while....

actually on a side note...it did do one thing for HL2, where it recomended me to use the high settings instead of the medium ones with no performance change rock.gif the game ran just as fine on the high settings as it did before with 512mb

Hey, This is the first time i've tried the Y2K3 mod, I installed the Main installer (579mb) and extra installer as instructed, my resistance is patched to 1.96.

However I run the exe provided but I get loads op pop ups saying "missing /data3d/uralt.p3d" and various other things missing in data3d etc.

Is this a known issue or have i thrown a spanner in the works with a new error

thanks

Lee

I've sussed the problem, It was the fact that it had disabled HWTL in options, so i re enabled it and the errors have gone biggrin_o.gif

Do I need to buy a new copy of OFP or sumin cos I still aint got no reply yet

-DuckRat- wink_o.gif

Do I need to buy a new copy of OFP or sumin cos I still aint got no reply yet

-DuckRat- wink_o.gif

and the question was ?

i guess its just no one noticed :-p his problem was something about O.pbo or something

@ duck_rat.

No mate, don't worry, the worst case scenario is that you'll have to reinstall OFP.

If I was you I try a cuple of things:

Get your OFP Resistance disc in your computer and go to "My computer"; right clik on the drive where your OFP Resistance is instaled and clik explore.

Now you'll be able to see the filles and folders in the CD, double clik in the folder "FlashpointResistance", then once inside that folder double clik in the "Res" folder; and again, once inside this folder clik on addons, and in there, withing the other pbos you'll find a brand shiny sparkling fresh O.pbo.

Just replace your old pbo with that one and see if you can run Y2K3 without problems.

If you still have problems, I would reinstall Y2K3, and if it don't work try reinstaling OFP all togueder, at list somebody knows exactly what file cause this problem or how to resolve your problem without reinstaling.

That's the only way I can hellp you, sorry if that won't do sad_o.gif

@ Pappy, my missus hates you mate, I could be here playing OFP all day biggrin_o.gif lol, good job, I prefere this version a lot more than the last one.

Regards.

@CERO.