Sign in to follow this  
Uziyahu--IDF

Stutter Fix!

I've tried this stutter fix for my GeForce 4Ti4600 and it really seems to smooth the frames.

http://discussions.playnet.com/viewtop....start=0

There is debate about whether it should help, according to the science, but WW2 Online players are returning very positive feedback.

Read the thread and decide whether you want to try it out. (Make sure you write down the latency of your video card BEFORE you change the setting, in case you want to change it back.) Let me know if it helps with those split-second long lags that happen when next textures or AddOn sounds are being used for the first time in-game.

I'm busy playing WW2 Online, so I don't have time to try it in OFP:R.

One fellow mentions that the new high-end cards are coming set with a latency of 64, while high-end cards from several months back have it set much higher.

I read the discussion about it on this Guru3D thread and all i can read is that :

-It is awesome and transformed totally their system for some people

-It is a good utility, added some fps to their games for some people

-It does nothing good/bad for some people and looks like a placebo effect (i do not try to insult someone here wink_o.gif )

-Some drop in performance in overall fps in games for some people

-Made their system unstable and horrible fps in games for some people

Well, can't say anything personnally about this utility as i am not really adventurous with tweaking tools that are not universally appreciated.

-It does nothing good/bad for some people and looks like a placebo effect (i do not try to insult someone here wink_o.gif )

mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

At home my Radeon was already running at a low latency so for me was irrelevant.

Balschoiw - thank you for bringing this up again, it went past me, and know i tried it

i use a geforce 6800 gt, and i used the tool and set the pci latency to the propossed latency value = 64

i tried missions i know by heart, and realized, that it was a step backwards, less frames wow_o.gif

but since it has been posted on guru3d i thought i give it another try, since they usually know what they are talking about

so i set the latency value = 128 and tried the same missions again, and now i got the smoother handling of the game, its hard to describe, just the feeling, that everything reacts faster, and the framerates went up accordingly smile_o.gif

now the strange thing is, that the frames per second are equal to the setting i had in default mode (latency value = 248), but the handling of latency value = 128 seems to be smoother wink_o.gif

so after experiencing this i thought i read in the guru3d forum about the tool, and not suprising i found another user with a geforce 6800gt, and this is what he posted:

Quote[/b] ]

Thanks, because I didn't know about any latency tool. ATI expert tool has the option I think, but ...EVGA supplies a small booklet with a 6800GT and in there it says to set AGP aperture to 4. "believe it or not" and also to set pci latency to 128. In my nf7s bios you can set pci latency like you want, but it's not for the AGP.

I haven't been having any problems with anyting but I like to have the option to tweak, if you know what I mean. So, now I have a tool to set it like I need it. You see, my GT was set to 248, and by setting it to 128, and leaving all other pci settings to 32, I do notice a little bit of smoothness, and responsiveness in my games.

mind though, i only changed the latency value for my graphic card, the other latencies are set to 64 on my system, compared to what the user wrote, what is default on his system wink_o.gif

so i can suggest to all geforce 6800 GT user to give this tweak-tool a try, it worked well for me smile_o.gif

Well, I tried it with my ATI Radeon 9600 (latency was set to 255, reduced it to 64) and I can say that I got similar results as honchblack got. Hm, might be worth a try for everyone.

Jens