Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

more inaccuracy on AI!

Goodday! smile_o.gif

I want to know of a way to inflict minor dammage on a unit's arms, so they will not aim so accurate as they currently do in OFP , but more like FDF. And no, i do NOT want to use HD weapons wink_o.gif .

I know that inflicting dammage on a selected bodypart with a script is possible

I know that hands can be "dammaged" on diffrent levels, from "a bit off" till "aiming with your feet".

I hope to hear a solution soon, so that i can make FDF-aiming possible without requiring my new clan to download a 500 MB mod wink_o.gif

Greets,

Deniz//Gandaf//Gladiator

For your recoil config needs, this is a very usefull reading.

Now for the weapon "sway" in the hand play with the config values named "aimprecision" , it has nothing to do with the unrealistic weapon dispersion and can have really interesting results.

that's not what i mean wink_o.gif

I want to inflict some minor dammage to the hands/arms, so they will sway, just like when you get hit you cant aim, i want the soldiers to behave like they got hit and they cant aim wink_o.gif .

IE FDF style "aimprecision" without the need to change configs , etc.

I have not heard about a damage localisation script, but i can always be wrong.

At least if you don't find such script you can always use a low setdammage (0.2 or 0.3 should be enough) to give the same effect as being hurt in the hands.

If you're just looking for inaccurate AI without any addons needed, Zayfod made a really nice script called "random firing" back in the day. I can't find the post on the OFPEC forums (might have been too far back). The script basically would randomly change the AI's direction while firing, creating a "spray" effect.

If you can't find it, maybe I can put it up for download.

You can also setdammage the unit with negative values... Ie:

unit setdammage -30

Gandalf,

I have the same problem with the 99% dead accurate AI which at times I think border on cheating. All it causes is a few minutes of game play and then the contant reload. What fun is in that ?

AgentFox2,

Can you post this "random firing" script somewhere for us to download, or should I send you my email address for you to send the file ?

Many thanks.

Lamerlot

You can also run a script on a fired eventhandler to slightly offset the bullet when the enemy fires it, giving them an HD effect without any downloads. I could post that script if you want it.

as long as they can still hit you in less then 5 attempts it's good smile_o.gif .

I can handle this AI (playing ofp for years ^^ ) but my new clan wants me to use HD weapons (mostly on MG'ers and civils) , but i think HD is just too inacurate.

It is actually incredibly simple just to modify the BIS config to get what you want. Just make yourself a modified config, and send it to everyone in your clan. I'll post for you here a IM I sent to someone who wanted to know how to increase the weapon sway (like you do), as well as wanting to know how to increase the AI sight and hearing range.

First off, grab yourself a copy of the game's config.cpp. (check here)

Now, how to increase weapon sway:

In the "CfgMovesMC" section of the config, find the "CfgStates" class. In it, the various animations are configured. Sight sway is a property of the animation state the unit is currently in. So, by modifying the sway property for combat, kneeling and prone animations, you can increase sway.

More specifically, the property is "aimPrecision". The default values I believe are something like:

aimPrecision = 0.3; //Lying

aimPrecision = 0.5; //Crouched

aimPrecision = 1; //Everything else, including standing, AT, and all pistol animations

By increasing this number, you increase the sight sway. I can't remember what values I ended up settling on for a good, realistic sway IMO, but I believe they were like 2-3x the default. I also increased the number by like 3-4x the original value for pistol animations, since pistols should have a much less steady aim than rifles. For the pistol animations (and most others), you have to manually insert that line into the class, since they just inherit from the default class.

There also appears to be a value in the anim config that adjusts a weapon's recoil per animation, but I haven't figured that one out yet (since I dont' know how to configure weapons).

Changing the AI sight/hearing distance is even easier. Just find the "man" class, and change these default values:

sensitivity=1.0;

sensitivityEar=0.130000;

I suggest using the values of     1.5 and 0.5, respectively. I haven't extensively tested these numbers, but they seem to be reasonable from the tests I did do, and from playing, they definately help the AI out a ton without seeming like it is "cheating".

There is one other value that you might want to change in the "man" class: the formation spacing. Normally guys spread out 5 meters from each other, which is extremely close compared to RL protocols. Game-wise, it also makes it easy to take out an entire squad with a grenade or two. I suggest doubling the spacing to 10m, but changing these lines:

formationX=10;  //default 5

formationZ=10;  //default 5

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, please let me know if you decide on better/more realistic values for sway or especially for AI sight/hearing range.

this setdammage -0.8 works very well for your desired results. Works even on tanks etc.

Johan

that optically dammages the unit...

Cant i dammage the entire unit, settexture it to look like a "healthy" soldier, and put in a "armor" script that weakens bullets? rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

A problem is that the entire map will run to the nearest field hospital when i start... sad_o.gif

Are there any good scripts/example missions for reducing ai accuracy.

The example missions in the links King Nothing and AgentFox2 provided have been removed from OFPEC.

If anyone has them or knows where to find them please post.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by medusacadenza

The example missions in the links King Nothing and AgentFox2 provided have been removed from OFPEC.

Thanks in advance.

I think this is what you want:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23050606/fox2_hdconvert.zip

that optically dammages the unit...

Cant i dammage the entire unit, settexture it to look like a "healthy" soldier, and put in a "armor" script that weakens bullets? http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/rock.gif http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/biggrin_o.gif

A problem is that the entire map will run to the nearest field hospital when i start... http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/sad_o.gif

Are you looking for an armor script for all units or just the player? You could always check if the player has been hit and then restore them to full health X number of times.

hi,

Thanks in advance.

Here's a simplified version of FOX2's script. Better performances and easier to implement in your mission.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127420-Nikiller-s-scripts-pack&p=2064078#post2064078

cya.

Nikiller.

Thanks Zulu1 and Nikiller.

The scripts I'm really after are the ones in this link:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=19537

It changes the bullets direction when fired.

And Zayfods' examples:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=7298.0

Also the Fire dispersion scripts by GeneralCoder:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=8586.0

Anyone have these?

Nikiller. please can you post the demo mission relating to your post. it's been deleted from mediafire.

Thanks.

I now have Nikillers stuff (Thanks).

Just wondering if there are other ways of reducing ai accuracy aside from HD mags. The ones that were on OFPEC look interesting, if anyone has them or similar please post.

Cheers.