bn880

Bn880's Tracers V1.0

But vehicles (e.g. shilka) have old bad tracers not like the BN880avi 1 vid...why?

Here is a rec I made of mein tracers under WGL 5.1

There will be more to come with time I think...

BN880 Tracers WGL5.1 record-1 3.5MB pistols.gif

@HGuderian: You have to disable the old tracers in the config, and add special init EH's to the main vehicle classes for them to have tracers. Check some mods that have them already, perhaps Vietnam The Experience (VTE), or WGL5.1.

Here is a rec I made of mein tracers under WGL 5.1

Nice freudian slip there biggrin_o.gif

edit to add some ontopic:

Could someone explain why i only get tracers on BMP´s and the T72 with this change in the ECP config.cpp under //Development path?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//#define ECP_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN { ECP_path = {\@ECP\Addons\ECP_Effects\};_this exec (ECP_path+{ECPinit.sqs});{_c = _x camcreate [0,0,0]}foreach [{ECP_MKII},{ECP_M61},{ECP_M67},{ECP_F1},{ECP_RGO},{ECP_RDG1},{ECP_ANM8},{ECP_ANM83},{EC

P_M18Red},{ECP_M18Green}]};_this exec (ECP_path+{init.sqs});[_this select 0,2]call loadFile""\Bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf"""

some mods that have them already, perhaps Vietnam The Experience (VTE)

In VTE v0.3 development we had tracers on the vehicles like M2 machine gun, dshk, Huey doorgun, other aircraft and tanks, but I removed them on the last minute because the tracers were on bombs and tank rounds then which looked bit funny and I thought there was some bug when the crew came out and fired their infantry weapons as the tank got destroyed/dammaged, but this might not be the case. Will have to investigate further.

When... is another matter smile_o.gif

I've "studied" those configs but I haven't seen anything such as Event handlers special line about tracers (I'm not apologizing nor I'm a modder).

However thanks bn880...there's an incoming new version?

Yes for ArmA I will be making a new version of the tracers, well they will be mostly the same ones but just working under ArmA as best as possible.

Hi, I'm still tryng to add Bn_tracers in my ECP config's zsu and vulcan...but I don't succeed.

Plz does anyone may tell to me where exactly in config's classes I must put the EH line and describe, exactly, the line command?

Thanks...

This is for M60 tank:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers:ECP_EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec ""\@ECP\EECP_Tracer_Init.sqs; _this exec ""\ECP_Effects\init.sqs""";

Just rename tracer_init.sqs with actual name of your's.I hpe this helps. smile_o.gif

This is going to be a really dumb question for you, BN... am I supposed to disable the default BIS tracers through a CFG file, and exactly how am I supposed to do that?

Is this step neccessary if I want to use your tracer package solely for singleplayer (campaign, single missions, mods, etc), or does your newer version handle this automatically?

I tried to search the forums on this, but I'm not getting the results I'm looking for; any help you can give me is greatly appreciated!

Jn6ix1Sh.jpg

With permission and approval of @bn880, 14 years since the last update, I have decided to release a fixed version of bn880's Tracers addon which is compatible with ACWA (1.99 version).

V1.25 Changelog:
10/07/2019
Fixed A:CWA compatibility issue

Link:
ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/ofpd/unofaddons4/BN_tracers1_25.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

^ I approve 😄  and thank you RozekPoland!  😎  (To clarify it was more of an adaptation than a fix by Rozek, there was no bug with the initial release it was all on purpose. 😉 )

• Like 4