bn880

Bn880's Tracers V1.0

well the only change was a more reliable registration for spawn managers. And of course a requiredAddons section to make sure everyone has the right addon. Interesting.

I would need to make a seperate cpp for Campaign mode, which has no cfgPatches/requiredAddons entries.

As for the lag, what? No, you are imagining that it's from my addon again. smile_o.gif

Edit: AHH, FlashFX, open the addon and delete the cfgPatches entires in the config.cpp. That's good enough for your mod.

yeah man , the source of the lag isn't your addon , but my others scripts , wink_o.gif

again sorry

so I'll stay using your precedant update , keep this good work man wink_o.gif

Hi everyone, does anybody have effect like this one tracer.jpg

when shooting with bn880's tracer script on (the blinking yellow thing under the barrel - i think its tracer tounge_o.gif ) ?

Yeah , I've the same effect but I didn't want to say him because I've already reported a lot of false 'bugs' , one dislikes bad publicity tounge_o.gif

sorry again bn880 , you've done very nice stuff, just love it wink_o.gif

You know this is really not a problem. These tracers are way better than anything yet. I play with 7 guys using this mod in coop missions and the affect at night is unbelievable. If you looking at the end of the muzzle your not in the game anyways and your going to get picked.

Yes, I know about this, it is the tracer basically originating at the barrel and setting up, it is not yet the entire thing.

If I were to remove this, more tracers would originate say 50-100m away from the barrel.

It's a trade off, the script only has a resolution of about 10 to 50Hz depending on your framerate. Some choice had to be made and I think this kind of small thing is not a big deal when you're blasting away with a large muzzle flash. You don't see it in lower FPS either.

Quote[/b] ]Quick on the print screen key eh?

I was lucky smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes, I know about this, it is the tracer basically originating at the barrel and setting up, it is not yet the entire thing.

If I were to remove this, more tracers would originate say 50-100m away from the barrel.

It's a trade off, the script only has a resolution of about 10 to 50Hz depending on your framerate. Some choice had to be made and I think this kind of small thing is not a big deal when you're blasting away with a large muzzle flash. You don't see it in lower FPS either.

I just want this script to be as perfect as possible tounge_o.gif . As Jinef said before, IRL tracers start to burn after some distance - maybe you can simulate it by spawning the tracer model initially a couple of meters away from the end of barrel. Is it possible? (plz forgive me my ignorance at scrpiting)

Yes it is possible in theory. First and foremost what would be required are some actual factual documents on the tracers to specify when the tracer tips start to light up.

Like I said, need actual documents either from field manuals or manufacturers of ammunition for NATO or others.

If it were 15m then it is a non issue for us as the resolution of the script is approximately 50m per 20FPS and 100m per 10FPS. Since these tracers should work for low FPS MP environments, it is actually best to create them at the barrel for realism. Moving the tracer ahead of the barrel has the potential for more CPU use and a bullet to tracer error.

The tracers are fine as they are.

Just played a Coop on zeus addon and they are an amazing plus to the gameplay!!

Hey bn800 can you look at this video , i saw it posted on another forum and it was very good , it shows tracers flying from a Minigun , i am guessing that these are tracer rounds since the original bullets arent this colourful  biggrin_o.gif

Canwe have tracers such as these? These fly more often and can be seen easily , unlike the present ones in your addon ,its hard to spot them sad_o.gif

Gattling gun vid

The tracers are just like that actually. smile_o.gif The rest is just not doable in OFP.

I think many people would say no way. I think they can be but only for selected bullets, hence only when I get the time to make different sized tracers. smile_o.gif

They're not that bad man, it's not really the thickness or anything, mostly the framerate of OFP versus the inadequacy of the films you see. That is not exactly real either, what you see on tapes.

Cheers

Ummm this is awesome, couple this with FLASHRAM and you have the most amazing looking firefights... it reminds me of videoclips that I saw of street battles between Spanish troops and ETA terrorists. Great work!!

Thank you!

@Wolfbane: Ah Wolfbane I missed your post! Thanks for the compliments, and remember, your tracers were the inspiration. smile_o.gif I did not make these to screw up your day, I know how it feels to have someone else make stuff you were thinking of, but it has to happen to all of us at least once I guess.

Cheers

So how would I be able to implement this in a single player mission - like ambush?

I already de-pboed it. Can I put in a script like this

east = aunitse

west = aunitsw

[_aunitse , 3]call loadFile{\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf}

[_aunitsw , 3]call loadFile{\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf}

what should I change to do it right.

The easiest thing is to go to the mission editor and open up each unit's properties where you want tracers. Then inside the init field put the init line like

[this,3]call loadFile{\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf}

if you mean aunitse is a unit array then you could do:

{[_x,3]call loadFile{\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf}}foreach aunitse

but then every single unit/weapon will fire a tracer every 3rd round biggrin_o.gif

what if I want all the units on the map to fire tracers...surely theres an easier way than opening up each individual unit and adding that line! crazy_o.gif That would take forever! And since in missions which deal with Russian and Chechen troops the weapons will be pretty much the same so the tracer number doesnt matter too much.

Thanks

what if I want all the units on the map to fire tracers...surely theres an easier way than opening up each individual unit and adding that line! crazy_o.gif That would take forever! And since in missions which deal with Russian and Chechen troops the weapons will be pretty much the same so the tracer number doesnt matter too much.

Thanks

Well like I posted above.

Hey talk to the hand, I mean BIS, it's not my fault there is no global list of units without triggers in OFP scripts. smile_o.gif If you get a trigger filled with the units, then you can do a foreach to load the tracers on.