bn880

Bn880's Tracers V1.0

I think the empty reflectors class was causing problems anyway.

How could it cause any problems when there was no empty reflectors class in your original rock.gif

Well how do you think? Is there a problem with some logic here? I had a reflectors class during the making of this addon... not sure why that is so complicated.

sorry, but I meant turn off the rifle tracers via the difficulty setting under options. What do to change the 'truecolor' setting? I do know it's in the cfg file.

and I have noticed that when using a tank or APC with this script I always start out 'turned out' if you get what I'm saying. thanks in advance.

You can't, you need to edit the config.bin. Or try the WGL mod.

Start turned out? No you don't... the tracers don't do anything to you or your vehicle.

How could it cause any problems when there was no empty reflectors class in your original rock.gif

I have seen a lot of htese tracers fired and never seen such a problem, it can't even have a reflector as there is no proxy... so yeah. smile_o.gif

For the last 15min i've tried to get a Screenshot of what i mean, but hadn't any success as it is apearing for a too short time to actually capture it crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif.

But i've had a closer look at the light and i can even see the lightcone that normaly only is visible on light from vehicles and streetlamps !

I've made a little test: I've changed the color of the normal reflector under class LandVehicles in the Config of OFP (from where the car class inherits its reflectors) to red and voila the light emitted by the tracer was also red !

Conclusion:

A unmaned vehicle whithout any proxy's for lights does sometimes emit a normal light just for a split second after it's created, just as defined in the LandVehicles class !

Adding the empty reflector class to BN_Tracer as mentioned above removes this light.

Well if this is appearing for more people then I might bother to fix it, same for the exploding stuff.

Very nice tracers!

But, grenades fired from a grenadelauncher have tracers too. (realy big ones actually)

Yep, they do, primaryweapon thing.

Never bothered to remove tracers from slow projectiles, I'll add it in for next ver. I think.

Well how do you think?  Is there a problem with some logic here?  I had a reflectors class during the making of this addon...  not sure why that is so complicated.

I'll take this as an personal offense . mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

It wasn't clear from your post that you had tryed this during the development of your addon !!!

But as English isn't my native language i'am maybe getting this wrong.

Also instead of just telling somebody that he has a problem with logic thinking why don't ya just tell what problems you encountered while making your tracers and using the empty reflectors class . mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

Okay version 1.1 is now up. biggrin_o.gif Check first post.

Locke@Germany: I think English is the problem here as you didn't understand what I meant before. Before(a while ago) I had some problem with using an empty reflector class, it gave me some stupid error. Anyway, I added it now and it works great! You won't see the cone anymore then. smile_o.gif I personally never even saw this problem, but I took your word for the problem and put that in.

See, I do listen. tounge_o.gif

What program do you guys use to edit .paa files? I'd like to edit the West side color of the tracer to be a little more red. Is that possible? I haven't messed with textures too much.

I use various applications to edit textures. Paint shop, photo shop, etc.

You need to convert the texture back to a tga with texView first.

The problem with making tracers more red is that they will be more black under NVG's.

Yeah, I kind of figured you tried various colors and you ended up with that one for a reason. I play mostly day missions. I thought red might be a little easier to see.

Thanks. I know about Texview and I can see the textures. I just wanted to see if there were any free programs that allowed you to manipulate the textures.

Oh and they are great BTW, like all of your work.

So what this newbie have to edit in the config to get this working with EECP? wow_o.gif

Well, what can i say.. truly kickass work bn880! biggrin_o.gif The custom tracer objects you made look really really cool just as i thought they would. I tried to do something similar for my little addon but i never really got it to work since i couldn´t get the config right. Very clever to use the car class/simulation, i don´t think i would have ever figured that out.. biggrin_o.gif

I think i know what tracers i will be using from now on.. wink_o.gif

So what this newbie have to edit in the config to get this working with EECP?  wow_o.gif

class eventhandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0,2]call loadFile""\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf""";

};

for soldiereb, soldierwb, and soldiergb

Hi , sorry but I've found a bug , when you add the class to a US tank like the M60 or M1A1 , it fires green tracers like soviet tanks crazy_o.gif

bug.jpg

Hi , sorry but I've found a bug , when you add the class to a US tank like the M60 or M1A1 , it fires green tracers like soviet tanks crazy_o.gif

Ahh dang, it must be that vehicles start out on the civvy side initially.

I'll see what I can do about this. For a tank that starts the mission empty, you will always (no matter what) have the tracer civilian color. However for tanks that start with crew the color should be dictated by side.

Obviously I have to think about this a bit to fix/change it. smile_o.gif

Grr... Second time I am writing this...

Anyway. I was playing a co-op last night. I was hosting and one other person joined. We were receiving constant script errors at the top of the screen. They didn't seem to affect anything but they were really annoying. They didn't occur in singleplayer or multiplayer with no-one connected.

I found a fix.

Quote[/b] ]bn_trdedi=true;

change to

bn_trdedi=false;

Then delete the last line of that file.

I suspect it has something to do with the delays in the server.sqs file.

So for anyone who plays this way, here is your fix.

Bn880, that's a great tracer addon here! Would you mind if I make a customized version for my Operation Carrot mod? Readme says I need your permission to do that so hereby I'm asking for that. smile_o.gif

Thanks in advance. wink_o.gif Of course, you'll be given a full credit for your hard work.

Nice work , but i wish they were more visible or a bit thick if you will , right now they just come and go too quickly, hard to spot them really.

Heres a pic:

img.php?im=55366575_tracer_1.jpg

Grr... Second time I am writing this...

Anyway. I was playing a co-op last night. I was hosting and one other person joined. We were receiving constant script errors at the top of the screen. They didn't seem to affect anything but they were really annoying. They didn't occur in singleplayer or multiplayer with no-one connected.

I found a fix.

Quote[/b] ]bn_trdedi=true;

change to

bn_trdedi=false;

Then delete the last line of that file.

I suspect it has something to do with the delays in the server.sqs file.

So for anyone who plays this way, here is your fix.

Second time you are writing this? You mean something up with forum? I never noticed this post before, I'll look into it.

And this is an important point: If you get an error, report the exact error please. You don't have to look for fixes, what you just did is not fixing anyhting but it's loading a dedicated server with tracers which no one sees anyway. smile_o.gif

Sorry for the confustion. I typed it, I hit back on my browser by accident and everything I wrote got deleted. Not anyone's fault but mine. I was mad at myself. tounge_o.gif

I know this is pathetic... but I don't know how to take a screenshot (except with DxDll, but I don't know how to view .tga files. Texview won't open them for me).

Regarless of my stupidity, the error at the top of the screen was from this line (at least the portion that fit on the screen):

Quote[/b] ] if!bn_trdedi then{

_n="BN_Tracer"camcreate _p;_n setdir getdir _b;_n animate["tracer_swing",acos((_v select 2)*3.6/speed _b)/180];_n setvelocity _v;_n setObjectTexture[0,format["\bn_tracer\%1b.paa",_c]];

I don't know if that helps. Sorry for being vague in the other post.

No problem, I am struggling a lot with some MP issues right now. So if you have problems there, I'm working on them.

Version 1.2 is up, check first post

Important fixes for MP^^

Enjoy