bn880

Bn880's Tracers V1.0

I had a bit of fun playing with this addon earlier today. Nice effects. Is there any chance you can release a version we can use as a modfolder? I hate copying and pasting the settings cfg every time I want to try it out on a diff island etc.

I've put 20 soldiers , 10 from each side at 4:00 am , it gives a kick ass effects but very slow and very lagy

sad_o.gif

it is a pity really sad_o.gif

lmfao guys i dont get lagg at all.. and i dont have a very powerfull machine...

2500 view distance

+

normal terrian setting

I use not only this script but a lot of others scripts ... it's certainly the reason of the lag sad_o.gif

edit : is it possible to change the seize of the tracers for the shilka ?

Nice tracers.

But you may want to add this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Reflectors {};

to your config. Because the tracer is based on the car-class it inherits the refelctors (Lights) from them, sometimes producing a flash comparable to the FlasHRAM Addon.

Hey love it , I've deleted some scripts and now it works perfectly

here's a screen

Tracers.jpg

Is is possible that I get out my config using these effects ? I'll add you to the credits smile_o.gif

Well, considering that FlashFX is not for VBS1, you are free to use it there.

If you chose to move your flashFX out of OFP, then no. biggrin_o.gif

Nice tracers.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Reflectors {};

to your config. Because the tracer is based on the car-class it inherits the refelctors (Lights) from them, sometimes producing a flash comparable to the FlasHRAM Addon.

Why, there is no crew in the vehicles. Also there is no reflector proxy mate. The flash is not likely caused by any reflector...

About the lag, okay, your scripts your lag, not my tracers. tounge_o.gif

Well, considering that FlashFX is not for VBS1, you are free to use it there.

If you chose to move your flashFX out of OFP, then no. biggrin_o.gif

Don't worry biggrin_o.gif

Thanks man smile_o.gif

Just tested in a quick mission thrown in the mission editor and it looks very good and light in ressource.

Great job Bn880 icon14.gif

Nice tracers.

class Reflectors {};

Why, there is no crew in the vehicles.   Also there is no reflector proxy mate.  The flash is not likely caused by any reflector...

About the lag, okay, your scripts your lag, not my tracers.   tounge_o.gif

I've made shure that there can't be any other source than your tracer and after all i expierienced this only when the line is not included !

The Flash insn't produced on every tracer, it occurs randomly and is only visible for a split second after the tracer is created.

Maybe it's an OFP Bug, remenber destroyed vehicles with lights on ?

I think the empty reflectors class was causing problems anyway.

I have seen a lot of htese tracers fired and never seen such a problem, it can't even have a reflector as there is no proxy... so yeah. smile_o.gif

I had a bit of fun playing with this addon earlier today. Nice effects. Is there any chance you can release a version we can use as a modfolder? I hate copying and pasting the settings cfg every time I want to try it out on a diff island etc.

Well, I will try to make a version where you specify whether to use the default/built in cfg or a custom mission one. That should do it.

But not right away...

I've put the tracer.pbo thingy in the normal addons folder

i've made a new mission (test1.eden) and put in the config

i've pasted the line: [player , 3]call loadFile{\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf} into my soldier's init line

But it's not working...

hehe...

[22:02:19] :[Gandalf th: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Thunderbird84/Tracers.jpg --> trying to get this to work in OFP... it's not cooperating tongue_smile.gif

[22:03:13] [RHS]Cribban: now if ofp whould have tracers like that it whould be amazing

[22:03:51] :[Gandalf th: ...dude

[22:03:58] :[Gandalf th: that IS ofptongue_smile.gif

[22:04:19] [RHS]Cribban: now wtf have i missed nowconfused_smile.gifsad_smile.gifcry_smile.gif

translation: good work! tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

EDIT: I can see them now (setacctime 0.02) , so they are there.... hmmm... rock.giftounge_o.gif

Very nice. I dont know if this has been mentioned or not but i found a bug. I had a BAS ranger with a silenced mg and if you fire too quickly at the ground it creates alot of explosions rock.gif its wierd.

I've done it biggrin_o.gif , now you can to play to your favorite missions and campaigns using this wonderful scripts + ORCS scripts +FlashFX 1.9 + New authentic Units from the year 1985 , isn't a dream ? biggrin_o.gif

Just go Here

*Thank you again BN880 wink_o.gif

Very nice. I dont know if this has been mentioned or not but i found a bug. I had a BAS ranger with a silenced mg and if you fire too quickly at the ground it creates alot of explosions rock.gif its wierd.

Yeah I've seen that but it's extremely rare. The ammunition must be doing a lot of indirect damage or something like that.

I'll try to make sure the tracers never do that for the next version, but for now, it normally almost never happens.

I think the empty reflectors class was causing problems anyway.

How could it cause any problems when there was no empty reflectors class in your original rock.gif

I have seen a lot of htese tracers fired and never seen such a problem, it can't even have a reflector as there is no proxy... so yeah.   smile_o.gif

For the last 15min i've tried to get a Screenshot of what i mean, but hadn't any success as it is apearing for a too short time to actually capture it  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif.

But i've had a closer look at the light and i can even see the lightcone that normaly only is visible on light from vehicles and streetlamps !

I've made a little test: I've changed the color of the normal reflector under class LandVehicles in the Config of OFP (from where the car class inherits its reflectors) to red and voila the light emitted by the tracer was also red !

Conclusion:

A unmaned vehicle whithout any proxy's for lights does sometimes emit a normal light just for a split second after it's created, just as defined in the LandVehicles class !

Adding the empty reflector class to BN_Tracer as mentioned above removes this light.

this is a great script, and I know how to turn off the rifle BIS rifle tracers, but is there a way to turn off the M60 tracers? The Original BIS m60 tracers? rock.gif

sorry, but I meant turn off the rifle tracers via the difficulty setting under options. What do to change the 'truecolor' setting? I do know it's in the cfg file.

and I have noticed that when using a tank or APC with this script I always start out 'turned out' if you get what I'm saying.   thanks in advance.