Sign in to follow this  
CanadianTerror

New Chinese Release

I used the normal ones too and not a single CQB soldier. And 10 fps is something I would not descripe as "a little laggy". tounge_o.gif

What is even more wierd is that with the previous version I had no troubles with fps. Sure it was something like 18 in large scale missions with 4 or more infantry squads + 5-6 tanks but thats playable on my scale.

Whats even more funnier is that when I first got OFP I had 1ghz Athlon and 256mb memory with GeForce 2 32mb but it ran like a dream with minimum 25 fps.

Have the new more detailed addons really affected the game so badly that even a fairly high-end comp cant handle it but is choking to death on missions sized like the BIS Battlefield mission? rock.gif

But in all the lagines I find the new artillery system the best I have ever seen. COC UA is too complicated to my taste. When I want artillery support it should come NOW NOT TOMORROW! biggrin_o.gif

may be becasue I use many scripts in soldier but I don't think it's more than FFUR's units.

all these script make solider more real one.

normaly use 3-4 squad at sametime,it's enough

just waiting for my campagin and missions

have you played those 2 demo missions?

I'll test and make some MP mission like CTF,COOP later

Afterall this update is very important one for PLA addons,so many changes

iv just dl the new pack 1.12 and i got some errors and problems first error Script\OFPEC_Blood\blood_squirt_new2.sqs not found rock.gif that happens every time i shoot them it pops up wtf and Error loading vme_wz10\vme_wz10.p3d (Magic) error when i try to use the chopper i cant use it errrrrrrrrrrrrrr whats up with this rock.gif cant use some of the tanks also mad_o.gif

But,it's worked well in my PC,I don't know why...

is there any other got this bug?

I just don't get one thing though, why do only some of the new units have the new animations??? and those that ahve new animations have partially new animations...

There is also the bug with the para jeep for the animation of the gunner...

now only PLA units have no bug when they in parajeep,I'll try to fix it later.

I only add lean and roll animate to CQB and HD units for balance,noramly unit don't have it, is this what you mean?

now only PLA units have no bug when they in parajeep,I'll try to fix it later.

I only add lean and roll animate to CQB and HD units for balance,noramly unit don't have it, is this what you mean?

Yup, thats what I meant...

Anyways there are 2 other bugs though, 1 witht he belts of some of the PLA soldiers, I believe its the gunners for the Howartz, for one of the distances they haev white textures.

2) The textures of the PLA guns from a distance of about 100m, they have some brown area around them, looks a little wierd, is a screenshot required?

kgb-cccp

Great job on the updates TonyRanger. I really love this mod. I'm looking forward to the surrender scripts. Will they throw down their weapons like they do now when killed? That is pretty cool in itself.

One bug I have noticed is that a player on west can give orders to an eastern or resistance artillery piece. Is there a way to hide the artillery commands for people on the other side?

Will the PLAN ships be released soon? You had showed the JIANGKAI FF on the samren forums (and earlier in this thread I thinK). When will that be released? Any more ships in the works?

Thanks again to [HA]kgb-cccp for hosting.

just waiting for my campagin and missions

have you played those 2 demo missions?

Tony,where do I get the demo missions?

And can't wait for the campaign.

Love these Addons, excellent work.

I recognise one of the jeeps you have for the PLA they are used as hire cars here in the Turks and Caicos Islands! Made by BJC biggrin_o.gif

the demo missions also inculed in the update pack's demo mission folder

the texture problem should be fixed in PLA addons Ver2.0

that version will contain HMG,ship,chopper,new textured soldier and new effect etc.

when AI surrender he will drop pirmary weapon and secondweapon (inculed it's ammos)

If you call artillery support,and your artillery fired,enemy artillery will return fire as soon as possible,this is not bug,you know this is the war.

in next version,I will fixed somebug about this artillery system

and don't let player see enemy artillerty when he die by them.

for blance.

Um I wasn't sure if you intended this but if Resistance is on the side of west for example they cannont use West artillary...

That and demo missions are nice but they lag like crazy for me sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I'll fix this artillery system soon,it will named PLA update1.12B

and also more intresting mission

there will be a new version release in our website

ofp.samren.cn

it'll inculed a full VME-PLA-addon-V1.2(98MB inculde a modifide offical West and East unit which using new animate and new effects) and a VME-OFPOR-V1.2(inculded Modified MarineAssultPack and EDG_resistance,38MB) so you needn't download any other now.

you can use HD effect when you write this to one's init

[this]exec"\VME_events\JAM_HD.sqs" or[this]exec"\VME_events\JAM_Sniper_HD.sqs",don't use this to JAM's HD weapon,if you use it you'll see a guy shoot with all of his ammo but still can't hit you.

you can use CQB AI to another addons too

in that version,we'll fix some bugs in this 1.12,like Marine's M109 can't be destroyed when enemy artillery return fire

and Artillery can attack somewhere even target is behind hill

and Artillery shell will disapperar even you see it incoming

and PLA's Artillery can't open fire sometime

and AI won't fire when leanleft or right

and Bleed with out reason

and show error massage when in vehicle while bleed

and stun for too long time,now is 10 to 60 seconds,not 1-60 mins

maybe you haven't find these bugs but I've fixed it

Wow! Fantastic! Yeah alot of those bugs I didn't notice as I was only able to test it out very briefly cuz I've been too busy with school and trying to finish a mission for my own mod. But all of that sounds amazing!!!

Your Ai infantry scripts are really pushing OFP to a whole new level. The only thing I don't like too much is how the AI are constantly going to the kneeling position every time they move. It looks kinda strange when they go up and down, up and down, up and down, etc...

If that could be improved, infantry maneuvers would look even more realistic.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

My god I hate this new AI script. sad_o.gif

With 5 squads my fps is about 5 and that is imbossible to play! I cant believe how anybody can play with these units? rock.gif

I have medium settings and no DXDLL or any other similar stuff on. I thought my AMD Athlon 3200 would be able to handle OFP but no! Makes me really angry that this great mod is totally unplayable on my comp.

From what I have seen however I can say that this mod is top notch. Sadly I cant do nothing more that combat photography with it. sad_o.gif

My god I hate this new AI script.  sad_o.gif

With 5 squads my fps is about 5 and that is imbossible to play! I cant believe how anybody can play with these units?  rock.gif

I have medium settings and no DXDLL or any other similar stuff on. I thought my AMD Athlon 3200 would be able to handle OFP but no! Makes me really angry that this great mod is totally unplayable on my comp.

From what I have seen however I can say that this mod is top notch. Sadly I cant do nothing more that combat photography with it.  sad_o.gif

funny cause i can..........

tried put 3 to 4 squad of CQB AI on Nogova engaging each other, there is a few lag but the fps is OK

i am using a 2500+ w/o OC, nForce2 MB, 1GB RAM, R9800SE AIW softmoded(clock lowered to a reasonable rate)

Don't use too many CQB squad in you mission 2 for each side is enough(because you needn't meet many units in close combat),if they die just write

[this]exec"\VME_events\script\AI\AIA.sqs" or

[this]exec"\VME_events\script\AI\AI.sqs" or

[this]exec"\VME_events\script\AI\AIH.sqs" or

[this]exec"\VME_events\script\AI\AID.sqs" to Normal squad

than they may have this skill

and I've add crouchwalk animte, so you won't see AI crouch every time but crouchwalk.

and our next version will release soon

I just noticed something. Basically on any island be it Tonal or Everon one squad of anything, be it BIS unist or HYKs modern US troops or PLA infantry my fps drops with about 10.

I placed one SF squad of modern US troops on Jungle Everon and whoopsie doo my fps dropped from 50 to 35-45.

If I place anymore squads then one squad=10 less fps. So it seems the broblem here is not the scripts.

Obviosly something is very wrong with my computer or my OFP. rock.gif

Any hints from more intelligent guys that me?

Tonyranger, I can't wait for 1.12B , me and my squad are using it in almost every mission we have biggrin_o.gif .

Some things on our wishlist:

1. Steerable parashutes, or a Hangglider

2. defences. Sandbag walls, or some camonets. maybe even large enough to cover up trucks / tanks?

3. one of the guys in the Zodiac can fire, and the driver keeps his head low.

and bugs we found:

1. the Special forces soldier with the difficult-to-remember name show their NVG's when grabbing their binoculars.

2. some vehicles have a viewlod that needs to be corrected.

yes,it'll release soon,and in new version we may add VME United AirForce

you can call air support,like

drop medic tools

drop supply

drop ammo,

and call air strike,like AH-64 for West,Mi-24 for East,WZ-10 for PLA,they can defend your Airtillery or do another something

and marker somkeshell for call su-25,A-10,q5-2

AI will call it when they see many enemy Armored units or infantry.

If they detected you artillery position,they will call gunship to got them not their own arillery if arillery can't got enemy artillery position

We release it now

you can download on our website recently(haven't send to ofp.info yet)

ofp.samren.cn

here I really made this Air Support System

Like "Call Artillery Support",as a Officer with document you can "Call Air Support",now,there also some Chopper like Mi-17A,WZ-10A,AH-64A in VME United Artillery,to use just put them on map,than If you call,they will move to the target zone.it best against enemy tank and chopper,but also enemy soldier(even not effective)

AI will Call Artillery Support when they see enemy Air units or  Armor units.

It will add to our next version