Sign in to follow this  
CanadianTerror

New Chinese Release

umm double-u tee eff rock.gif

thier site is... crazy_o.gif

thier menu is not in english (who didnt see that one coming?)

and the things that are in english take you to a blank page.

so what is it they do? and what did they release?

umm double-u tee eff rock.gif

thier site is...  crazy_o.gif

thier menu is not in english (who didnt see that one coming?)

and the things that are in english take you to a blank page.

so what is it they do? and what did they release?

which means: they need mirrors wink_o.gif

downloading now...

Quote[/b] ]Is this the same pack as the other PLA addon packs that have been released???

Well, the beta v1.0 that I have on my hard drive was a 38 Mb file, whereas this one weighs in at 76 Mb. Suggests it may be an update. Hope to let you know ere long.

Sorry, I didn't make my post clear, I was wondering if it was made by the same group. I found my answer though, VME used to be PAS which was the maker of the old Chinese PLA Packs :-)

This addon pack is GREAT !!! Very nice vehicles, very nice camo of Chinese units, para jeeps etc.

There are by some vehicles flash-gun bugs and light bugs (in config aren´t defined sections inherit).

I repaired these bugs in config.cpp. I would send this repaired file to guys from VME_PLA_ADDONS, but I haven´t contact.

There is here link for repaired config (file: VME_PLA_Addons.pbo):

VME_PLA_Addons_FIX - mirror # 1 - 114 kB

VME_PLA_Addons_FIX - mirror # 2 - 114 kB

fighter

smile_o.gif

Just for the sake of a new enemy, maybe it would be interesting replacing the default Soviets in the OFP config with some Chinese units. Anyway, I'll check these out when I get back home. They look really good.

Have just had my first play with these - initial impression is that they're a very good piece of work. I didn't notice the fault Fighter mentions, but will try his new config shortly.

Does anyone know what the purpose of the "Jeep" entries under "Air" might be? Their map symbol comes out as a parachute, but I'm not savvy enough to know how to use them.

This is a really good addon pack. Lots of diversity in it. A real keeper! biggrin_o.gif The weapon models and textures are really crisp.

A nice feature, to mention one out of many, is the Engineer soldier that can construct an obstacle. smile_o.gif

well, this is very good stuff, so many vehicles and soldiers, all top quality, i did notice a few very small bugs, 1 gunner optics issue in a APC and some misplaced geo lods in the weels of the jeeps, and some odd bugs in boats.

the static AAA with flak script is sweeeet smile_o.gif

Seems to be configured like a boat. It stopped when i drove it up on land, though i got rather far inland. smile_o.gif

Anyone else get a fatal OFP crash to desktop if they place Army/SoldierA in the Editor?

Seems to be configured like a boat. It stopped when i drove it up on land, though i got rather far inland. smile_o.gif

Anyone else get a fatal OFP crash to desktop if they place Army/SoldierA in the Editor?

No, I dont get a ctd when I place Army/SoldierA in the editor.

I think the hovercrafts could drive over land, if something in the config will be changed.

There were boats out there, I think 2 years ago, that drive in water and on land at the same speed. If there config error will be put in the config of hovercrafts they will be more realistic.

BTW, is the artillery of this pack coc ua compatible? rock.gif

Great pack, although the textures on the solders could be sharper. The anims don't completely match the wilco replacement anims and cause some wierd behaviour of the torso, but this is not the fault of PLA of course.

Tanks and stuff are very nice. The new weapons and textures for the weapons are awesome.

Theres a couple of scripts mentioned in the readme

Anyone figured out what they do?

"[This,**] exec"\VME_PLA_Addons\Script\BeiZhang.sqs"

"[This,"*"] exec "\VME_PLA_ADDONS\Script\BianHao.sqs"

There is some great stuff in this pack. The small arms in paticular are very nicely done.

Could anyone give me an idea of how I would go about replacing the standard muzzle flash with the one from this pack as, IMO, it looks a lot better. I'm guessing that it will involve swapping something  in the data.pbo, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks in advance.