Sign in to follow this  
KEVBAZ

Addon cd from ebay

Talking of selling OFP addons, about a year ago i bought a cd called "Between the lines" it was a none authorized version and basically it was a campaign with what i remember no differant units. I wish i hadn't of been reminded about that. Seems like i was conned mad_o.gif

Talking of selling OFP addons, about a year ago i bought a cd called "Between the lines" it was a none authorized version and basically it was a campaign with what i remember no differant units. I wish i hadn't of been reminded about that. Seems like i was conned  mad_o.gif

that between the line campaign cd is one of three really rare non-official ofp publications, the other two being "The Last Enemy" & "Planet of War" .. you should be happy to own this piece of ofp history rather than complaining about it biggrin_o.gif

Hi, if that's illegal; then the responsables of the delictive act, are both the seller and the buyer. So, if some one gonna sue the ass of the seller... better find a lawyer 'couse your ass gonna be next.

P.D: If u want addons, then spent time looking over the net in the official OFP related sites and u'll aboid to rape any law and u'll have a place where do rejects and complains; but well... enjoy your CD & if any of those addons don't work, then, go there: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

that between the line campaign cd is one of three really rare non-official ofp publications, the other two being "The Last Enemy" & "Planet of War" .. you should be happy to own this piece of ofp history rather than complaining about it biggrin_o.gif

Planet Of War was released for free recently....only 2,5 years too late mad_o.gif

Planet Of War was released for free recently....only 2,5 years too late mad_o.gif

Yea, you cant even play it now...

(atleast i dont know how to pick an option from a HINT menu...)

damn .. i wanna download it crazy_o.gif

if anyone still has a copy please send it to me, i´ll host then smile_o.gif

Those CDs are 10 for about Å4 in Asda, my brother uses them and I nick em off him tounge_o.gif

Man, the selling of free to use addons on ebay, WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO?!?!

God damnit, we dont make them for profit yet someone else wants to sell them and take money for it and I mean jeez...

Thats truely a pathetic and sad being...

I SAY HANG HIM AND THEN BURN HIM AND THEN BURN HIM AGAIN, Thats the American Way unclesam.gif

Calm down, calm down.

Read the post by Ex-ronin and think about it a little.

There are plenty of guys out there with a shitty 58k or worse internet-connection.

If you are one of them, than it's worth buying such a CD instead of downloading it all, which will take forever.

If he is only charging shipping and the cost of the CD than it's ok, I guess. But posting it on EBay is not really the best place for such things and makes it look like he wants to make profit.

btw; if he did want to make profit; i say burn him

If he is only charging shipping and the cost of the CD than it's ok, I guess. But posting it on EBay is not really the best place for such things and makes it look like he wants to make profit.

Like I said those CDs are 10 for about Å4, he's charging Å3 + shipping for 1. Look like he's trying to make a profit to me

he sold it for only 4 euro  crazy_o.gif

as ex-ronin already mentioned:

you are allowed to sell addon cd´s as long as you don´t get any profit from it.

so in this case the seller most likely only got the cd and shipping paid rock.gif

edit: lol, gotta type faster biggrin_o.gif

Selling addons.... who will buy it if you can get it for free  mad_o.gif

... this is not first time i see somebody selling ADDONS...

Like I said those CDs are 10 for about Å4, he's charging Å3 + shipping for 1. Look like he's trying to make a profit to me

Like I said; burn him smile_o.gif

how muc was it in dollars?

im canadian :P

and 3 pounds or whatever it cost u cant be much, you know how much BIS would have to pay for a lawyer to bitch at that guy,,, lots more, thats why they try to scare us all into not selling stuff. You think you could really make enuff money selling addons that BIS would bother coming to get u... i doubt it.

Most people on ebay probably dont even know what OFP is anyways lol

Total cost

4.50 GBP

United Kingdom Pounds = 8.46814 USD

United States Dollars

4.50 GBP

United Kingdom Pounds = 6.47938 EUR

Euro

The reason why i bought it was to check to see if any falklands addons were being sold, of which there was.

blank cd costs about 10p

Slim line Jewell case about 5p-10p

Postage 28p for the 1st class stamp and maybe 20p for the jiffy bag.

even thought the costing was low the guy still sold addons that werent his and addons which had read me's with disclaimers.

The cd cannot be claimed as old and "maybe he doesnt play ofp no more" as the date on the cd being written is 15-20 mins after the auction finished,

Hey, i think we should just email this guy and scare him to not do it anymore, i really dont think it would be good to go into all that legal stuff. Well, i dont know. you can do what you want but if i were in your position, i would like get my money back and tell him if he does it again then you will sue his ass. If any of these addons were mine i would probably feel different about this, since in most of the readmes it says you CAN NOT sell these for any profit. I dont know. I am angry though.

Btw who did you buy it from, leave him a bad rating!

I dont know but I really dont see this as selling OFP addons. I agree with whoever mentioned people with 56k modems and the like. Im not at all saying this is a good thing but this is how I look at it...

Some guy probly figured he would put together a disk of addons and make it easy for people to find them. I mean everyones getting worked up over a couple bucks... If he sold it for $50 (that would be US) then I could see people getting really upset... but selling it so cheap is basiclly covering his time spent putting it on the disk and the effort of collecting the addons. I mean there are a LOT of easier ways to make couple bucks then go through the trouble of downloading all these addons, burning the disk, putting it on E-bay, and then shipping it.

Of course he could be a compleat idiot and seriouslly be doing it to make a couple bucks, but it wouldnt make sense if you ask me. But who cares what I have to say smile_o.gif

If a person is selling addons from OFP, at least note the addon makers about it. They made it for us, for FREE!

I would at least have done that.

well i dont see my addons - either they're to crap or he bothered to "read the read me file" - which i seriously doub't rock.gif

im not a fan of selling anything that the author has clearly stated - you shall not sell this addon - i can understand the 56kers (im one of em)

i can also understand the sending the cd to friends whatever and charging them the cost of CD + postage but selling it on Ebay!!!! crazy_o.gif where he did intend on making a profit is totally f'ked up.

If he got the bid for 50 bucks would he turn it down and say i'll send it for 3? hell no

I dont know but I really dont see this as selling OFP addons. I agree with whoever mentioned people with 56k modems and the like. Im not at all saying this is a good thing but this is how I look at it...

Some guy probly figured he would put together a disk of addons and make it easy for people to find them. I mean everyones getting worked up over a couple bucks... If he sold it for $50 (that would be US) then I could see people getting really upset... but selling it so cheap is basiclly covering his time spent putting it on the disk and the effort of collecting the addons. I mean there are a LOT of easier ways to make couple bucks then go through the trouble of downloading all these addons, burning the disk, putting it on E-bay, and then shipping it.

Of course he could be a compleat idiot and seriouslly be doing it to make a couple bucks, but it wouldnt make sense if you ask me. But who cares what I have to say smile_o.gif

It's not how much he made thats the problem. It's the act of selling free addons without permission thats the problem.

First, i'm pissed cuz my addon wasn't at the top of the list. lol

Second, it is wrong to sell things artist haven't been payed for and willingly offering it to the public for free so everyone can enjoy it. I didn't work that hard for some prick to sell it for a penny