Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

A New AH-64 Pack

The addition of flags and insignia from apaches around the world will allow for more realism on that part. And btw on that, nobody sent any insignia (except one person), come on  biggrin_o.gif  don't be afriad, show us what you would like to see painted on your apache  biggrin_o.gif

I believe the 82nd airborne division and the 101st airborne are the largest Apache US divisions. IMO they are a must to include.

1st Cav. Div.

http://www.military-graphics.com/1STCAV.png

An armpatch for the crew

http://store1.yimg.com/I/militarybest_1828_39031949

101st Ft.Bragg armpatch

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-5150087000857_1825_85695842

4th Armoured Div.

http://www.military-graphics.com/4THARMOREDDIV.png

82nd Airborne Div.

http://www.military-graphics.com/82NDAIRBORNEDIV.png

2nd Armoured Div.

http://www.military-graphics.com/2NDAD.png

edit:

Love the Apache clip, Lee. Thanks smile_o.gif

I see there are some fairly new footage in it. You can see the coloured MFDs. When looking at the MFD with the PFZs (Priority Fire Zones) I'm glad I ain't the gunner aboard (too much clutter) biggrin_o.gif

That movie just gave me an idea.

How about forcing the Hydras into salvos of 2? The Apache can launch single, pairs, 4, 8, 16 and all in real life, but they usually use no less than 2 pairs because of the weak warhead.

That way they maximize their hit-probability and conserves ammo at the same time.

wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Nice! Thanks major, Shadow, these will be used for sure. How to thank you...? rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Thank You!!!

biggrin_o.gif hehe might be getting a little to excited crazy_o.gif

I will make other apache camoes like urban and desert and more and more,I don't care if its realistic or not,if that camo scheme isn't realistic then don't play with that apache,simple as that,plus I may be working on another textuer for the radar on the longbow as that grayish just won't blend in too well,I hope you people like the new rotor blurs I did,I decided that the old ones just weren't doin justice and since every helicopter anyone made had the same thing I decided to do them so this could be a change,I even redid the back rotor,Kyle was hesitant but it seems to look good,I got a few things I need to fix on it,I plan to make a movie with music n all,maybe 2 sizes,small and large in quality,but still it has things needing done to it,but I am sure yall will enjoy it when it is released.

And yeah I can get that armpatch no problem,I have an exact replica in real life.

an note that the markings are rarely the arm patches.

you would have to look for the unit's aircraft markings.

only one i know is cav markings with is the sabre crossign with the regiment numbers..

1314-Insignia1-7Cav.jpg

Large Cav symbol

***edit***

i changed the one image to an link cuz it was jsut large pixel size and was annoying

Nice, thanks alot for the insignia. I plan to have multiple selections all over the apache for use with the setobjecttexture command. This will allow editors to select custom insignia to put on the chopper from either the provided textures or their own. biggrin_o.gif

Great work, Kyle & co.!

Looking forward to the release! biggrin_o.gif

Is there any possibility we could get one D model set without any AAMs? This would be great if possible, as most of the AH-64s you see on deployment in current conflicts aren't using any at all.

Thanks! smile_o.gif

Great work, Kyle & co.!

Looking forward to the release! biggrin_o.gif

Is there any possibility we could get one D model set without any AAMs? This would be great if possible, as most of the AH-64s you see on deployment in current conflicts aren't using any at all.

Thanks! smile_o.gif

Yes, all you have to do is simply use the AIM-9L version and remove the AIM-9L weapon from it, and no missiles will appear on it and it will not be able to fire them.

Yes, all you have to do is simply use the AIM-9L version and remove the AIM-9L weapon from it, and no missiles will appear on it and it will not be able to fire them.

Okay, great, thank you very much! biggrin_o.gif

Okay people I have been gone for most of the day,a very very busy day,work n money,I didn't really want to turn my back on the project today but no money=no food,I'm sure you understand,anyway I have most of the inisgnias done and I am thinking of not just doing realistic ones but also ones from games and so on and so forth,for instance I would add a Nod symbol to the gray apache when I use it and bingo,Nod apache....yeh....anyway please do not give me that "but its not realistic" stuff,like I said before,ya don't have to always use the unrealistic ones.

Ok, I've updated the vehicle count:

AH-64A Apache (Olive Dab)

AH-64A Apache (Green)

AH-64A Apache (Gray)

AH-64A Apache (Desert)

AH-64D Apache (Olive Dab)

AH-64D Apache (Green)

AH-64D Apache (Gray)

AH-64D Apache (Desert)

AH-64D Apache (Olive Dab) AIM-9L

AH-64D Apache (Green) AIM-9L

AH-64D Apache (Gray) AIM-9L

AH-64D Apache (Desert) AIM-9L

AH-64D Longbow (Olive Dab)

AH-64D Longbow (Green)

AH-64D Longbow (Gray)

AH-64D Longbow (Desert)

AH-64D Longbow (Olive Dab) AIM-9L

AH-64D Longbow (Green) AIM-9L

AH-64D Longbow (Gray) AIM-9L

AH-64D Longbow (Desert) AIM-9L

They will be divided into the vehicle classes:

AH-64 Apache (Olive Dab)

AH-64 Apache (Green)

AH-64 Apache (Gray)

AH-64 Apache (Desert)

And each of these will contain 5 vehicles, for a total of 20. Now, this doesn't mean 20 models, there will only be 8 models, so you won't have to worry about the size of the addon. There will also be 4 wreck models (With 8 Different Wrecks). Thats all for now.

What are the payloads for the non AIM9s?

Is any of the OD D-models with FCR without Stingers and a mixed payload (8HF+38Hydras)?

-can it get anymore complicated? biggrin_o.gif

Those are very long class and vehicle names. Won't they be truncated in the mission editor drop down boxes, possibly enough to be unable to distinguish between vehicles? rock.gif

Those are very long class and vehicle names. Won't they be truncated in the mission editor drop down boxes, possibly enough to be unable to distinguish between vehicles? rock.gif

I believe they barely fit in the editor.

I'm more worried about the long labels in-game obscuring my view.

I believe they barely fit in the editor.

I'm more worried about the long labels in-game obscuring my view.

Hehe you won't have to, ingame it appears simply as AH-64A or AH-64D. Those names are only in the editor, and they fit just fine smile_o.gif. Now to clearify loadouts:

AH-64A apaches will all have an M230 gun, laser D, 8 hellfires and 38 rockets (yes thats it).

AH-64D apaches will come with an m230 gun, laser D, and sidewinders/stingers. If you don't want AA missiles on it, then you can use the sidewinder version and remove the sidewinder weapon. As for wing pylons, the loadouts are changable. You can change them in game at a HeliH, 5tReammo's (and a number of 5t ammo addons), and a few hangers. You can select them in the editor by simply adding the weapons to the apache.

So, no need to worry  biggrin_o.gif

Is there a way to specify what ordnance is available in one particular mission? like no AA available at all?

Trying to make a logistics nightmare here  wink_o.gif

How will the laserdesignator work?

Select it, lase a target, then switch to HFs and lock the lasertarget and launch? Or is it strictly for painting targets for fellow Apaches or other aircrafts with laserguided-munitions?

I will add vairables to disable certian loadout arming. As for the laser D it can be used either way. You can fire your own hellfires at it or use it to mark targets for other player or AI controled apaches. Ususaly AI will fire on it (if they can see it). biggrin_o.gif

May i have little suggestion?

Do u remember Col. Klink's hardened shelter? There was cart with bombs. Can u do something like that with all rockets, launchers and ammoboxes for your Apache?

This + jeep + towing script + camonet hanger from RKSL = very nice rearming point smile_o.gif

And i would suggest to remove HeliH from list of things having rearming abilities, or add nice helipad from F3WX pack smile_o.gif

Someone offered to make a little cart like that for me, I'm not sure if they will though. As for removing the HeliH I will need a reason for that.

a cart with hellfire bundle! blues.gif Sweet!

maybee a bit more simple, make the weapons also as a object!

Then you can show off all the weapons in a airshow demo kinda way, you know lining them up nicely infront of the apache, with rockets and such to the sides, and then ammo in a V in front of it...

crazy_o.gif l337!