Sign in to follow this  
rekster

Revive Script by Doolittle Question

I have been trying to use this script with mulitple units, but I have only been able to get it to work with one type of unit.

Example:

soldierType = "SUCHrifledes" (Put in the init.sqs)

If I add other soldier types, it fails. I know I am doing something wrong.

This is what I put in the init.sqs

soldierType = "SUCHrifledes","SUCHusmcsmawdes","SUCHpatrol_des"

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Quote[/b] ]soldierType = "SUCHrifledes","SUCHusmcsmawdes","SUCHpatrol_des"

not sure but i think u need to do it like this.

soldierType = ["SUCHrifledes","SUCHusmcsmawdes","SUCHpatrol_des"]

I tried orignally with [ ] but get script error during game, and reviveing will still not work correctly.

Go and look at the "init" file in my template pack. It seems to work fine for any unit I have used it on, I've never had a problem with it.

*You may want to make sure that you have your respawns turned all the way up, I know when I first downloaded it hey had it set really low to 1 respawn per guy or something like that, I think I changed it to 1000 or something to make it unlimited.*

- Ack

template pack

Hit_Sqd_Ack.

I looked at your templates. I saw Doolittles spawn manager script, but not the revive respawn script. The revive respawn script, is when one of your teammates die, and a "blanket" is laid over them. You have to run over and "revive" them. This adds a new twist to respawn

If one over your templates does have the revive respawn, then I guess I just missed.

I will loook again.

Thanks for you help

Rekster,

Been a few upgrades floating around ......... try PRiME's re-hash .... lots of nice extra features.

Most recent version HERE

I'm currently adding "anti-water" to it, will post update once tested.

Any trouble implementing any version, give me a yell, I've installed in many missions.

There is a nice revive script from JoergF from Mapfact which works quite well. I think the only problem is that you can't be revived when you are dying inside a vehicle. Maybe you should give that one a try.

There is a nice revive script from JoergF from Mapfact which works quite well. I think the only problem is that you can't be revived when you are dying inside a vehicle. Maybe you should give that one a try.

Prime's version doesn't suffer the vehicle death problem. Just last night five of us got RPGed in a M113 and our bodies were scattered freely around it awaiting the revive.

Couple of upgrades I can think of are possibly class restricted revives, maybe having the option of needing 2 team members to revive you, incrementally longer revive times for each additional revive to discourage wasteful deaths.

i also had a problem with it, but thanks to gen barron i figured it out. All u need to do basically is to edit one line in the respawn.sqs and add a few in ur init.sqs files

1st step; In ur respawn.sqs look for this line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_soldier = nearestObject [_body, soldierType]

then, replace it with this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_soldier = [_body, soldierType] call nearestobj

2nd step: download this .sqf and put it in ur missions folder nearestobj.sqf

3rd step: Go to ur init.sqs file and add this (where classname is the classname of the unit/s u would want to use, u can use as much as needed):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldierType = ["Classname","Classname"]

There you go, other than that u should leave everything else as it is.

Your right I used JorgeF's Revive for it not Doolittles, I used Doolittles Spawn thingy in the template, my bad.

- Ack

P.S. - The only reason I don't like the JorgeF's one is because if you use it you cannot add markers to the men because it has to place a marker once they are killed. So if you add in GPS via moveable markers like I do it'll get all screwed up. But I do agree JorgeF's is much better, and more reliable.

Thanks all for the help. I will definately give this a try this weekend, when I get some time to work on the mission.

But I do agree JorgeF's is much better, and more reliable.

So you've tried PRiME's !?

It's never missed a beat for me.

Plus its got nice little features like AI in your team will attempt to get to you and revive you (Great for play-testing my MP missions as I develop them biggrin_o.gif )